Perfect description of today's Right-Wing wackos

Mo_Brooks_Account.jpg

Looks like you did, too.
They might be ignoring the opinions in the op but you're ignoring the FACTS OF REALITY.

Did you read the article?
Fuck NO, I'm not a lemming that needs to be led around like a Dog on a leash. I am quite capable of looking at current events and figuring out where the problems are without having to have it "interpreted" for me.

They might be ignoring the opinions in the op but you're ignoring the FACTS OF REALITY.

Fuck NO, I'm not a lemming that needs to be led around like a Dog on a leash. I am quite capable of looking at current events and figuring out where the problems are without having to have it "interpreted" for me.

If you don't want to read the article, why are you wasting your time posting in a thread about that article?

:lol:

You seem to have some serious reading comprehension issues.

Why are you trying so hard to make this a partisan issue?

The OP made it a partisan issue.

So what?

Are you unable to get past that?

Yeah, when you accuse others of doing exactly what the OP did form the beginning, as if they're doing something wrong.

You misunderstand.

I'm not trying to say that making it partisan is "wrong", I'm just trying my damnedest to actually discuss the article in the OP.

The article isn't partisan.

No one wants to discuss your biased smear article.

And yet, you can't seem to stop trolling the thread on that article.

Why is that?

If you don't want to read the article, why are you wasting your time posting in a thread about that article?

We all know a smear when we see one. The title alone indicates it's a smear.

You're not understanding what I'm asking for.

Bernie Sanders isn't claiming that the United States as we know it will end if the Republicans pass a bill.

The US has already changed as we knew it, the courts are now rewriting legislation and determining foreign policy. They have no constitutional authority to do either and those are only two of the most recent examples of how our Constitution has been rewritten by the judiciary, mostly at the urging of the commiecrats. Where are the checks an balances on a runaway court when they are supported by a major political party? Impeachment is basically moot when the lawlessness is supported by politicians that are charged by the Constitution to prevent it. We are indeed living in a post constitutional America, and millions don't like it. You can grin and giggle that you got your way, but at what costs?

Now the pendulum is swinging the other way and you folks are hatching one conspiracy theory after another trying to undermine a duly elected president. Maybe it's time your side does a bit of self reflection and accept the fact the country decided to go in a different direction. Just remember when you point at us, you have four more pointing at you.

"Change" and "End" are not synonyms.

America has been changing constantly, from day one.

And not necessarily for the better. When the courts take it upon themselves to ignore black letter law and are supported by politicians we are no longer a nation of laws and disintegration of the republic is inevitable. The short cuts you condone will be the undoing of the country.

Whether various changes are for "better" or "worse" will be determined by historians down the line.

Yet the changes still occurred. There's no going back.

That's where you're wrong.

No, I'm not.

Change rarely ever goes backwards, no matter how hard you guys try.

This is from a Charlie Sykes Op-Ed about Alex Jones:

Mr. Jones, Matt Drudge and President Trump himself have played a role in reviving what Richard Hofstadter called “The Paranoid Style in American Politics.” Reread in light of today’s politics, Hofstadter’s 1964 essay seems eerily prescient.

The paranoid spokesman, he wrote, saw the world “in apocalyptic terms — he traffics in the birth and death of whole worlds, whole political orders, whole systems of human values. He is always manning the barricades of civilization. He constantly lives at a turning point.”

At the center of the paranoid worldview, Hofstadter wrote, was a sense on the right that “America has been largely taken away from them and their kind, though they are determined to try to repossess it and to prevent the final destructive act of subversion.”

Since the situation is so dire and the stakes so high, the paranoid spokesman is not interested in half-measures. “He does not see social conflict as something to be mediated and compromised, in the manner of the working politician,” Hofstadter wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/17/opinion/sunday/the-danger-of-ignoring-alex-jones.html

He makes a good point, now that the crazy is out of the bottle it needs to be confronted head on. I think most people do like to ignore and keep at bay the paranoid 'crazy' people they encounter. You are walking through a park and there is a zealous religious person screaming how the world is ending or how everyone needs to repent. It's uncomfortable, nobody wants to do what everyone is thinking, walk up and tell the person they are ill and need to go home and rest. Some do an end around and show up with a saxophone or bagpipes and just continue playing loudly until the person gets the message.

The same with these political whackjobs, it's best to leave them on the fringe with their tiny fringe audience and ignore them. But now one of their own has gained some power in the political structure. What to do? Hard to ignore it now but you also don't want to legitimize it by speaking to these people as if they just have another opinion. It is like staging a 'debate' between Sarah Palin and Michio Kaku on evolution. Simply by Michio stepping onto the stage he is lending some legitimacy to Palin's batshit. Or if Neil De Grasse accepted a 'debate' with the Flat Earth Society. Just his presence gives their beliefs some weight as per "well he's there so maybe they have something important to say". No, they don't. All are welcome to their opinion in this society, but many opinions are to be ignored because they are light years from the facts.

I think it probably best to call these people out and just burn their batshit to the ground with facts. Alex Jones in the MSNBC interview with Megyn Kelly says Sandy Hook is a hoax. How many people will see that and not think 'this guy is literally crazy'.

So what?

Yeah, when you accuse others of doing exactly what the OP did form the beginning, as if they're doing something wrong.

You misunderstand.

I'm not trying to say that making it partisan is "wrong", I'm just trying my damnedest to actually discuss the article in the OP.

Why is that?

I know a leftwing smear when I see one.

The US has already changed as we knew it, the courts are now rewriting legislation and determining foreign policy. They have no constitutional authority to do either and those are only two of the most recent examples of how our Constitution has been rewritten by the judiciary, mostly at the urging of the commiecrats. Where are the checks an balances on a runaway court when they are supported by a major political party? Impeachment is basically moot when the lawlessness is supported by politicians that are charged by the Constitution to prevent it. We are indeed living in a post constitutional America, and millions don't like it. You can grin and giggle that you got your way, but at what costs?

Now the pendulum is swinging the other way and you folks are hatching one conspiracy theory after another trying to undermine a duly elected president. Maybe it's time your side does a bit of self reflection and accept the fact the country decided to go in a different direction. Just remember when you point at us, you have four more pointing at you.

And not necessarily for the better. When the courts take it upon themselves to ignore black letter law and are supported by politicians we are no longer a nation of laws and disintegration of the republic is inevitable. The short cuts you condone will be the undoing of the country.

Whether various changes are for "better" or "worse" will be determined by historians down the line.

No, I'm not.

Right. Tell that to the Romans circa 500 AD.

Looks like you did, too.

We all know a smear when we see one. The title alone indicates it's a smear.

The title of the article is "The Danger of Ignoring Alex Jones". It's written by a conservative columnist.

How is that a "smear"?

No, I'm not.

Is that supposed to mean something?

Change didn't go backwards then, either.

So what?

You misunderstand.

Why is that?

You've made it abundantly clear that you don't know shit about shit, clown shoes.

This is from a Charlie Sykes Op-Ed about Alex Jones:

Mr. Jones, Matt Drudge and President Trump himself have played a role in reviving what Richard Hofstadter called “The Paranoid Style in American Politics.” Reread in light of today’s politics, Hofstadter’s 1964 essay seems eerily prescient.

The paranoid spokesman, he wrote, saw the world “in apocalyptic terms — he traffics in the birth and death of whole worlds, whole political orders, whole systems of human values. He is always manning the barricades of civilization. He constantly lives at a turning point.”

At the center of the paranoid worldview, Hofstadter wrote, was a sense on the right that “America has been largely taken away from them and their kind, though they are determined to try to repossess it and to prevent the final destructive act of subversion.”

Since the situation is so dire and the stakes so high, the paranoid spokesman is not interested in half-measures. “He does not see social conflict as something to be mediated and compromised, in the manner of the working politician,” Hofstadter wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/17/opinion/sunday/the-danger-of-ignoring-alex-jones.html

He makes a good point, now that the crazy is out of the bottle it needs to be confronted head on. I think most people do like to ignore and keep at bay the paranoid 'crazy' people they encounter. You are walking through a park and there is a zealous religious person screaming how the world is ending or how everyone needs to repent. It's uncomfortable, nobody wants to do what everyone is thinking, walk up and tell the person they are ill and need to go home and rest. Some do an end around and show up with a saxophone or bagpipes and just continue playing loudly until the person gets the message.

The same with these political whackjobs, it's best to leave them on the fringe with their tiny fringe audience and ignore them. But now one of their own has gained some power in the political structure. What to do? Hard to ignore it now but you also don't want to legitimize it by speaking to these people as if they just have another opinion. It is like staging a 'debate' between Sarah Palin and Michio Kaku on evolution. Simply by Michio stepping onto the stage he is lending some legitimacy to Palin's batshit. Or if Neil De Grasse accepted a 'debate' with the Flat Earth Society. Just his presence gives their beliefs some weight as per "well he's there so maybe they have something important to say". No, they don't. All are welcome to their opinion in this society, but many opinions are to be ignored because they are light years from the facts.

I think it probably best to call these people out and just burn their batshit to the ground with facts. Alex Jones in the MSNBC interview with Megyn Kelly says Sandy Hook is a hoax. How many people will see that and not think 'this guy is literally crazy'.
Wanna see true crazy?

to shovel ready no jobs.
What do you mean no jobs? The stimulus hired millions of people.
Temporary jobs..part time jobs and in the government..

A lot of them were direct benefits to small businesses. It was designed that way. Remember, it was a Green stimulus?

Through that stimulus grant to my city I was able to purchase a new GE Hybrid energy water heater ($1430.00 at Lowes, now $899) and receive back from the city $1200.00 in credit on my energy bill, which meant I didn't get an electric bill for 5 months. Pretty great.

One catch: I had to hire a local plumber to professionally install it. This was by design in the stimulus: stimulate business for local companies. They charged me an outrageous $400, but look what I got: professional installation and a new 50 gallon water heater that costs an EnergyGuide average of $198 per year instead of the $600-$800 per year with my old Kenmore. All for $630.

And GE sold another cutting edge tech water heater. Helping their profits.

And Lowes had another water heater sale. Helping their profits.

And my local plumber had a $400 job on the books. Helping their profits.

And that's the 2009 Stimulus Act in a nutshell.

No, I'm not.

Is that supposed to mean something?

Change didn't go backwards then, either.
it sure as hell did. Roman cities had running water and sanitation. How long was it before a city in Europe had that again?

What is this profound point you imagine we missed? Are you actually trying to blame the Scalise shooting on right wingers?

Who says everything is all-or-nothing if not the left? Remember when they said pulling out of the Paris agreement meant the end of the world?

So what?

You misunderstand.

Should I quote partisan aspects of the article linked in the OP, I assume there's no need to do it since you said you read it. The author uses a broad brush to paint most on the right with some commonality with Jones, which is far from the truth. But truth is rarely reflected in OP/EDs any more.

So what?

You misunderstand.

Should I quote partisan aspects of the article linked in the OP, I assume there's no need to do it since you said you read it. The author uses a broad brush to paint most on the right with some commonality with Jones, which is far from the truth. But truth is rarely reflected in OP/EDs any more.

Please show me where in the article the author painted "most on the right" as having commonality with Jones.

You misunderstand.

Why is that?

You've made it abundantly clear that you don't know shit about shit, clown shoes.
You just can't stand the fact that no one is willing to play along with your scam that your smear article is some kind of serious journalism.

No, I'm not.

Yet the hysterics on the left say different.

You misunderstand.

Why is that?

You just can't stand the fact that no one is willing to play along with your scam that your smear article is some kind of serious journalism.

It's not "my" article, clown - and it's an Op-Ed, not "journalism".

Forum List

Back