Pepe Le Pew banned

In which cartoon did he rape someone? I must have missed it
Think about it. Pepe in every cartoon did exactly what Cuomo was accused of.

And they want to throw Cuomo out of office for it.

Think.
well Cuomo is a real person, and Gov at that, Pepe is a cartoon stun skunk....fyi, it's also not a good idea to drop pianos on other people....

but you have a point, maybe it's too much to ask for Dems not to act like Looney Tunes characters
*looks at block and tackle*

Damn. Guess I need to call ACME for a return label.

well Cuomo is a real person, and Gov at that, Pepe is a cartoon stun skunk....fyi, it's also not a good idea to drop pianos on other people....

but you have a point, maybe it's too much to ask for Dems not to act like Looney Tunes characters
We are used to cartoon violence. Besides, how many people can get their hands on an ACME catalog.

But cartoon sex is still frowned upon.

'Fritz The Cat,' The Infamous X-Rated Cartoon

We are used to cartoon violence. Besides, how many people can get their hands on an ACME catalog.

Guess you never saw Heavy Metal, 1981.

If anyone was going to commit rape, a cartoon didn't push them over the edge.

And if you think cartoons are dangerous, you're a moron.

March 11, 2008— -- A 10-year-old Washington state boy died Monday of injuries he suffered Saturday when he buried his head in a sandbox during a play date while mimicking a favorite cartoon character.

The mimicry involved Codey's playmates burying him head-first in a one-foot-deep sandbox,

In the wake of Dr. Seuss Enterprises' announcement that six old books would no longer be printed, culture critics are putting fresh attention on other aspects of children's media — including The Looney Tunes' Pepé Le Pew. On Wednesday, Charles M. Blow wrote an opinion column for The New York Times saying, among other things, that Pepé "normalized rape culture."

Blow pointed to the problematic features of children's media as well, recalling even more obscure old characters like Speedy Gonzales and Mammy Two Shoes. However, the condemnation of Pepé Le Pew seemed to hit some readers especially hard.

So....now some of our favorite cartoons are a no no. When is this insanity going to stop? Blow can blow me.

Are you disappointed?

In the wake of Dr. Seuss Enterprises' announcement that six old books would no longer be printed, culture critics are putting fresh attention on other aspects of children's media — including The Looney Tunes' Pepé Le Pew. On Wednesday, Charles M. Blow wrote an opinion column for The New York Times saying, among other things, that Pepé "normalized rape culture."

Blow pointed to the problematic features of children's media as well, recalling even more obscure old characters like Speedy Gonzales and Mammy Two Shoes. However, the condemnation of Pepé Le Pew seemed to hit some readers especially hard.

So....now some of our favorite cartoons are a no no. When is this insanity going to stop? Blow can blow me.

As I remember..the female pussycat was clearly non-consenting--strange though..I always thought it was a bash at the French? Widely known the f'k anything, right?

So is there a cartoon of Pepe doing this?

Normalize rape culture. :rolleyes:

Rape is not about sex or love or romance. Its about CONTROL. These people are idiots.
Well what do you call it when a male is oblivious to the fact that his feelings are not being reciprocated and/or are unwanted? It's one thing if he's merely stating how he feels but even though it's a cartoon, it's obvious the only thing that is important is what HE wants even though it's CLEARLY written on her face and body language how she feels yet he's all over her attempting to romance her.
It's a cat.

If white males have privilege it is balanced by the fact that they have no excuse for failure.

As I remember..the female pussycat was clearly non-consenting--strange though..I always thought it was a bash at the French? Widely known the f'k anything, right?
Pepe is the poster child for date rape.
Teaching a valuable lesson. No doesn't mean no.
It's called wooing.
I've had a few ladies trying to woo me too. (me being quite the looker and everything)

I think a valuable lesson on this "culture war" posts, is that no government agency is involved. These are private companies, acting in what they think is their own best self interest.

Forum List

Back