Pepe Le Pew banned

As I remember..the female pussycat was clearly non-consenting--strange though..I always thought it was a bash at the French? Widely known the f'k anything, right?
Pepe is the poster child for date rape.
Teaching a valuable lesson. No doesn't mean no.
It's called wooing.
I've had a few ladies trying to woo me too. (me being quite the looker and everything)
ROTFLMFAO!

You woo like that and the only one you'll be 'wooing' is your cellie!

You being quite the looker and all~

1615075747268.png

Personally...I think it's silly to retire Pepe...I grew up on those cartoons...I never took it seriously, it was just funny.
If the owner of the cartoon decides to no longer offer it. What are we to do. Should we force people to make their intellectual property available?
I can just hear the right talk about how that's total government abuse.

Personally...I think it's silly to retire Pepe...I grew up on those cartoons...I never took it seriously, it was just funny.
If the owner of the cartoon decides to no longer offer it. What are we to do. Should we force people to make their intellectual property available?
I can just hear the right talk about how that's total government abuse.

I'm not saying the owner doesn't have the right - it's a consumer driven market, and they are responding to what they think the market wants.

To me personally, it's a little sad - are we being a little too serious? I used to watch Leave it to Beaver (as an adult) and 1) enjoy the innocence while 2) laughing a bit at the stilted stereotypes.

Still I remember as a kid watching Lost in Space and being SO FRUSTRATED that the girls (Penny and Judy) never got to have any real adventures. They were always being saved.

Still I remember as a kid watching Lost in Space and being SO FRUSTRATED that the girls (Penny and Judy) never got to have any real adventures. They were always being saved.
Oh yes, the good old days. The times that Trump wants to model to make america great again.
When women were Phyllis Schlafly , or Anita Bryant.
I remember rooting for Billie Jean King over Bobby Riggs. And i can't help compare Riggs to Trump.

Well what do you call it when a male is oblivious to the fact that his feelings are not being reciprocated and/or are unwanted? It's one thing if he's merely stating how he feels but even though it's a cartoon, it's obvious the only thing that is important is what HE wants even though it's CLEARLY written on her face and body language how she feels yet he's all over her attempting to romance her.

You are not to be taken seriously.

Here's the problem, Dems can't control themselves...Clinton, Weiner, Cuomo, Biden, Weinstein etc etc....so instead of taking responsibly for their actions, they blame cartoons..........

Normalize rape culture. :rolleyes:

Rape is not about sex or love or romance. Its about CONTROL. These people are idiots.
Well what do you call it when a male is oblivious to the fact that his feelings are not being reciprocated and/or are unwanted? It's one thing if he's merely stating how he feels but even though it's a cartoon, it's obvious the only thing that is important is what HE wants even though it's CLEARLY written on her face and body language how she feels yet he's all over her attempting to romance her.
And clearly you are an insane lefty. On iggie you go. Fuck you. Pepe Le Pew FOREVER!!!

In the wake of Dr. Seuss Enterprises' announcement that six old books would no longer be printed, culture critics are putting fresh attention on other aspects of children's media — including The Looney Tunes' Pepé Le Pew. On Wednesday, Charles M. Blow wrote an opinion column for The New York Times saying, among other things, that Pepé "normalized rape culture."

Blow pointed to the problematic features of children's media as well, recalling even more obscure old characters like Speedy Gonzales and Mammy Two Shoes. However, the condemnation of Pepé Le Pew seemed to hit some readers especially hard.

So....now some of our favorite cartoons are a no no. When is this insanity going to stop? Blow can blow me.

Looks like Cuomo attacking his prey.

Wait. Pepe is gender confused because the other dude doesn't want his advances

Pepe thinks he is a girl. What is the problem. Gender confused homo

Au contraire, mon ami, the other character is not a dude, the other dudette is a gato. Skunks and cats don't mix.

The left doesn't want you to speak, pray or laugh.
Soon, all women will be required to wear burkas because a cartoon character will be sneaking behind her on tippy toes with a french accent, a waft of odor actually visible in the air and pounce on her while calling her Oh Mon Cheri'. But much to his dismay after his arrest....he will find out that she was really a he dressed as a she.

Normalize rape culture. :rolleyes:

Rape is not about sex or love or romance. Its about CONTROL. These people are idiots.
It isn't rape.

Who is next? Elmer? Oh. Wait. I think he has been because he carries a rifle. Bugs Bunny then, I guess. Cuz he likes carrots and it COULD be a .....drumroll......WEAPON.

Forum List

Back