People who oppose Gay Rights, why do you oppose them?

Please name them and link them, after your blatant lie and cherry picking facts in the thread regarding gas prices, I wouldn't ask but you have little credibility after that thread.
Papageorgio
Evidence has now been provided which proves my claim that married gays are denied the same cash and prizes protected by law for married straights.

I will now address your "gas prices" lie. You see, telling a lie that is carried over from another topic in the hopes I won't break etiquette and sidetrack this topic doesn't work on me. When you lie, especially about me, I will come after you for it.

A poster claimed gasoline prices in Oregon were $2.75. He based this on a single gas station he uses. This is like looking out your living room window and reporting the weather for all of Oregon.

I then provided a graphic, excerpted from a web site which tracks gas prices, showing that gas was as low as $2.05 in parts of Oregon.

I also provided the link to the web site I had gotten the information from so that anyone could see the FULL RANGE OF GAS PRICES IN OREGON.

So...one guy provides a single anecdotal data point for gas prices in Oregon. We are supposed to take his word for it.

I provide several examples of much lower prices in Oregon, along with the evidence in a link that shows the gas prices over the entire state.

Then you come along and say it was ME who cherry picked! BWA-HA-HA-HA!

You're either a liar or just plain stupid. Or both.

Please name them and link them, after your blatant lie and cherry picking facts in the thread regarding gas prices, I wouldn't ask but you have little credibility after that thread.
Papageorgio
Evidence has now been provided which proves my claim that married gays are denied the same cash and prizes protected by law for married straights.

I will now address your "gas prices" lie. You see, telling a lie that is carried over from another topic in the hopes I won't break etiquette and sidetrack this topic doesn't work on me. When you lie, especially about me, I will come after you for it.

A poster claimed gasoline prices in Oregon were $2.75. He based this on a single gas station he uses. This is like looking out your living room window and reporting the weather for all of Oregon.

I then provided a graphic, excerpted from a web site which tracks gas prices, showing that gas was as low as $2.05 in parts of Oregon.

I also provided the link to the web site I had gotten the information from so that anyone could see the FULL RANGE OF GAS PRICES IN OREGON.

So...one guy provides a single anecdotal data point for gas prices in Oregon. We are supposed to take his word for it.

I provide several examples of much lower prices in Oregon, along with a link that shows the gas prices over the entire state.

Then you come along and say it was ME who cherry picked!

Liar.

You did, the range you showed was Eastern Oregon by the Idaho border, you lied get over it.

Papageorgio

I provide several examples of much lower prices in Oregon, along with the evidence in a link that shows the gas prices over the entire state.

Then you come along and say it was ME who cherry picked! BWA-HA-HA-HA!

You're either a liar or just plain stupid. Or both.

If you want to go back to that thread, fine. I caught you, called you on it and you never responded.

Papageorgio

I provide several examples of much lower prices in Oregon, along with a link that shows the gas prices over the entire state.

Liar.

You did, the range you showed was Eastern Oregon by the Idaho border, you lied get over it.

Papageorgio
Here is the post: Wages Rising Prices Falling US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Click on the link in that post. It shows gas prices all over the state.

Idiot.

Cutter: Yesterday I went by Fred Mayer gas was $2.42. Went by later in the day gas was $2.71. So much for lower prices.

A single anecdotal data point we are supposed to accept at his word.

I posted a link to gas prices all over the state.

You clearly have no clue what "cherry picking" means, Papa.

Papageorgio

Liar.

Papageorgio
Here is the post: Wages Rising Prices Falling US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Click on the link in that post. It shows gas prices all over the state.

Idiot.

Cutter: Yesterday I went by Fred Mayer gas was $2.42. Went by later in the day gas was $2.71. So much for lower prices.

A single anecdotal data point we are supposed to accept at his word.

I posted a link to gas prices all over the state.

You clearly have no clue what "cherry picking" means, Papa.
And I gave you the AAA's average and you failed to respond. If you want to go back and rehash, bring it up. As far as I'm concerned you were deceitful.

You used to be pretty level headed however lately you have joined the extreme left nutter group. Take care.

Married gays cannot file a joint federal income tax. The filing of joint federal income taxes is established by law.

I can't believe I actually have to explain this to you people.

Better check Notice 2013-61 genius....
Ask one of your gay friends down there in NOLA if they can file a 2014 federal joint tax return if they are in a same sex marriage, genius.

Same sex marriages are not recognized in LA, genius.

QED. They can't file joint federal income tax.

The fact their marriage isn't even recognized by LA is proof their marriages are not equally protected by laws!

A straight married couple has the same protections of federal law no matter where they go in this great land of ours.

Gays do not.

I can't believe this has to be explained.

So why do you people oppose gays having equal protection of the laws? Try to answer without sounding like a Westboro Baptist.

I'm opposed to special rights for any group. Currently gays have exactly the same rights as anyone else.
Nope. Married gays cannot collect all the same government cash and prizes protected by law for married straights.

then do away with tax breaks for married couples.

I've been saying that for 30 years, why give breaks to married couples, I never understood this.

I'm opposed to special rights for any group. Currently gays have exactly the same rights as anyone else.
Nope. Married gays cannot collect all the same government cash and prizes protected by law for married straights.

I've been saying that for 30 years, why give breaks to married couples, I never understood this.
I am also very much of the mind to remove government from marriage as much as possible.

This is precisely why I use the term "government cash and prizes" when talking about the same sex marriage issue. People who whine about food stamps and Obamaphones are willfully blind they they, too, are receiving "government gifts" that far exceed what is given out in food stamps and Obamaphones.

Gays are simply asking for the same government cash and prizes straights have been pounding the table for. Not a penny more or less.

I am also very much of the mind to remove government from marriage as much as possible.

This is precisely why I use the term "government cash and prizes" when talking about the same sex marriage issue. People who whine about food stamps and Obamaphones are willfully blind they they, too, are receiving "government gifts" that far exceed what is given out in food stamps and Obamaphones.

Gays are simply asking for the same government cash and prizes straights have been pounding the table for. Not a penny more or less.

We need to remove government from a lot more than marriage, to me marriage is a religious service, they don't need to be subsidized.

Corporation welfare is another pet peeve, and to the money that is spent for lobbying, it's no wonder we are where we are. I don't blame the corporations for any of it, I blame the Executive and the Congressional branch of government.

We need to remove government from a lot more than marriage, to me marriage is a religious service, they don't need to be subsidized.

Corporation welfare is another pet peeve, and to the money that is spent for lobbying, it's no wonder we are where we are. I don't blame the corporations for any of it, I blame the Executive and the Congressional branch of government.
You and I are on virtually the same wavelength in this respect, then.

I was just trying to think of what I consider myself since the rabid bigoted assholes that sprang out of the Bush era have destroyed what "conservative" means.

I came up with "a libertarian with common sense."

Common sense being the key. The Libertarians are a bit out of touch with human nature and common sense.

I think if people understood this about me, they would grasp my posts with an entirely different understanding.

Or maybe "a classical liberal". Like Goldwater. Though I say "old school conservative" because there is a lot of ignorance about what a "classical liberal" is.

I agree, but I am curious. What do you consider to be corporate welfare?

It was originally done to encourage marriage and families. That was a noble goal for society as a whole. Now do you understand?

Most of them just don't like gays. They cite the Bible, but that is just picking and choosing among all the stuff the Bible says.

"Why are gays hated in America?"

Fear and ignorance for the most part – the fundamental ingredients of hate, along with fear of change, diversity and dissent.

Consequently, it comes as no surprise that most who seek to disadvantage gay Americans are conservative, conservatives who are reactionary and perceive change, diversity, and dissent as some sort of 'threat.'

You and I are on virtually the same wavelength in this respect, then.

I was just trying to think of what I consider myself since the rabid bigoted assholes that sprang out of the Bush era have destroyed what "conservative" means.

I came up with "a libertarian with common sense."

Common sense being the key. The Libertarians are a bit out of touch with human nature and common sense.

I think if people understood this about me, they would grasp my posts with an entirely different understanding.

Or maybe "a classical liberal". Like Goldwater. Though I say "old school conservative" because there is a lot of ignorance about what a "classical liberal" is.
The mistake traditional conservatives made some 45 years ago was to allow the social right to identify as 'conservative,' at the time it seemed politically expedient, as indeed those on the social right voted consistently republican.

This Faustian bargain, however, has proven in the long-run to be detrimental to both the GOP and conservatives who reject the errant agenda of the social right.

The only recourse for traditional republicans and conservative is to purge the bane of social conservatism from the ranks of the GOP and the conservative movement itself, even if it costs republicans votes.

Many doubt most republicans possess such political courage, determination, and fortitude.

America needs the return of traditional, Goldwater conservatives, although their dogma is for the most part flawed, they nonetheless act as a necessary countermeasure to the idealism of the left, particularly with regard to economic policy.

Ask one of your gay friends down there in NOLA if they can file a 2014 federal joint tax return if they are in a same sex marriage, genius.

Same sex marriages are not recognized in LA, genius.

QED. They can't file joint federal income tax.

The fact their marriage isn't even recognized by LA is proof their marriages are not equally protected by laws!

Same-sex couples can file joint federal tax returned based on the jurisdiction in which they were married, not the jurisdiction where they are residents.

In other words a couple goes to Maryland and get's married, then returns to Louisiana. They can file a joint federal return. However since LA doesn't recognize their civil marriage, they would have to each file as single for State.

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions for Individuals of the Same Sex Who Are Married Under State Law

>>>>

Sorry bout that,

1. Homosexuals are perverted its not natural, so its perversion, and I myself do not want that shit close to me, and also they wanting to call their unholy union a *MARRIAGE* to make it *SEEM NORMAL* makes my skin crawl. No its not normal and it shall always be abnormal, and sick.
2. Other than that I'm ok with homo's. lol!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Serious replies only!!
I do not want to offend anyone, so keep your rude comments to yourself. I just want to understand why someone would oppose gay marriage and such, so I figured this was the best way to go about it.
Why are gays hated in America?
gay-rights_14076.jpg
I see these 3 main arguments:
  1. Disrespect of the religious sanctity of marriage. People think that it would devalue their own marriage if gays were also allowed to marry.

2. Having both a mother figure and father figure is recommended for raising a child, as it gives a more diverse role model set for the child.

3. In the US there are a number of tax breaks that come with being married. These are in place because it is assumed that the couple will eventually produce a family, and producing offspring is encouraged. A gay couple cannot produce offspring. Gay couples are less likely to end up with a kid.

Forum List

Back