People who oppose Gay Rights, why do you oppose them?

I don't oppose gay rights.

There, that was easy.

If they want to get pretend married let them, just keep it the hell away from children

My point being, they have the same rights as everybody else.

No extra-special rights, or "let's rename things so we can get in on this action that has nothing to do with who we are or what we do" rights.

The homos don't realize they are being used as political pawns. I have to hand it to the dems, they played the homo card to their advantage

Ironic post does not remember the anti gay early 2000s.
Ken Mehlman I Am Sorry For Helping Bush Exploit Anti-Gay Sentiment I Wish I Had Spoken Out ThinkProgress

I don't oppose gay rights.

There, that was easy.

If they want to get pretend married let them, just keep it the hell away from children

My point being, they have the same rights as everybody else.

No extra-special rights, or "let's rename things so we can get in on this action that has nothing to do with who we are or what we do" rights.

When they are allowed to marry the person that they want to- like my wife and I were- then they do have the same rights.

If they are not allowed to marry the person that they want to marry, then they no more have the same rights than those who were attracted to people of the opposite race.

Are you all sick of hearing this lie?

Homosexuals has all the same RIGHTS WE DO

marrying someone isn't a right just like having an abortion isn't.

so give us all a break..

Does anyone consider the filing of a joint income tax form a "cute generality"?

Does anyone consider a spouse collecting SS survivor benefits a "cute generality"?

Does anyone consider Family Leave a "cute generality"?

Does anyone consider being considered the next of kin for your spouse a "cute generality"?

Me, either. You have to be real retard to think so.

Except that with the exception of SS SB's being denied in states that don't recognize gay marriage, married gays aren't denied any of this...

In sequential order:

Rabbi: Please cite a law that does not protect a gay person.

G5000: Social Security survivor benefits, as established by law.

G5000: *Posts link which explains SS survivor benefits*

Papageorgio: Please name them and link them.

G5000: *smacks head*

G5000: Posts link to a list of protections denied to married gays.

Soggy: That article claims that unmarried couples don't have access to divorce.

So now Soggy cannot deny he has seen the article. And of course it mentions many more things besides divorce.

G5000: Married gays cannot file a joint federal income tax. The filing of joint federal income taxes is established by law.

Soggy: So.. you have nothing but cute generalities

:badgrin:
:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Except your article constantly references unmarried gays G... you should lay off the meth for a while...

You're still ignoring FF&C.

What the heck, we can grant couples that wish to establish a legal relationship the same rights as married people without having to change the definition of marriage. Or, we could just pull the government completely out of the marriage business altogether.

Now be sure and run off and keep telling yourselves no one has ever told you what rights gays are being denied.

2l9ijoy.jpg

In sequential order:

Rabbi: Please cite a law that does not protect a gay person.

G5000: Social Security survivor benefits, as established by law.

G5000: *Posts link which explains SS survivor benefits*

Papageorgio: Please name them and link them.

G5000: *smacks head*

G5000: Posts link to a list of protections denied to married gays.

So now Soggy cannot deny he has seen the article. And of course it mentions many more things besides divorce.

G5000: Married gays cannot file a joint federal income tax. The filing of joint federal income taxes is established by law.

Soggy: So.. you have nothing but cute generalities

:badgrin:
:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Except your article constantly references unmarried gays G... you should lay off the meth for a while...

It references both, cherry picker.

Thank you for pointing out that not only married gays but also unmarried gays are denied their rights.

Well done, willfully blind monkey!

Last edited:
What the heck, we can grant couples that wish to establish a legal relationship the same rights as married people without having to change the definition of marriage. Or, we could just pull the government completely out of the marriage business altogether.

Absolutely! Fill that public pool with concrete so the black kids can't swim.

That makes no sense at all. If they want the same rights as heterosexual couples, let them have them. You don't have to change definitions.

That makes no sense at all. If they want the same rights as heterosexual couples, let them have them. You don't have to change definitions.

You're not going to get rid of civil marriage. Try being realistic.

Anyways while conservative in this thread keep trying to justify discrimination I'll take the time to answer the question in the OP.

There are 2 reasons conservatives oppose gay marriage:

1. They want their religious beliefs mandated by law.

2. They're assholes who think it's icky.

G5000: *posts article about protections not given to gay couples*

Textbook cherrypicking to avoid admitting it also points out SEVERAL OTHER legal protections denied to married gays.

Soggy: Except your article constantly references unmarried gays G.

More cherry picking to avoid admitting it also references SEVERAL protections denied to married gays.

It is astonishing the backbreaking twists Soggy is doing to avoid admitting the claim that married gays do not get the same government cash and prizes as married straights has been proven.

Rank dishonesty.

Willful blindness demonstrated in real time.

Anyways while conservative in this thread keep trying to justify discrimination I'll take the time to answer the question in the OP.

There are 2 reasons conservatives oppose gay marriage:

1. They want their religious beliefs mandated by law.

2. They're assholes who think it's icky.

And neither argument stands up well in court.

please knock off the dramatics. Marrying isn't even comparable.

"People who oppose Gay Rights, why do you oppose them?"

Because I believe in equality for all, period. No exceptions.

please knock off the dramatics. Marrying isn't even comparable.

Gosh darn, you got me there. Filling a pool is not like abolishing civil marriage rather than let gays participate. You're quick!

Forum List

Back