People like Desantis are the future of the GOP and Trump will likely damage that future if he decides to run again.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I could accept another 4 years of Trump were it not for the fact that he is so damn selfish.

We need more people like DeSantis and Lake to take it to the left in the skillful way they do but if Trump decides to run he will have no problem trashing anyone publicly to attain his goals. While that can be entertaining to watch when his target is a leftist it is excruciating to watch when it is a good man or woman on the right. His scorched earth mentality has no boundaries and that is just unacceptable to me.

I HOPE Trump decides to use his power in the party to be a positive influence for the GOP not a destructive one.

Probably pointless but one can hope

I could accept another 4 years of Trump were it not for the fact that he is so damn selfish.

We need more people like DeSantis and Lake to take it to the left in the skillful way they do but if Trump decides to run he will have no problem trashing anyone publicly to attain his goals. While that can be entertaining to watch when his target is a leftist it is excruciating to watch when it is a good man or woman on the right. His scorched earth mentality has no boundaries and that is just unacceptable to me.

I HOPE Trump decides to use his power in the party to be a positive influence for the GOP not a destructive one.

The DNC has invested heavily on destroying Trump via the media. It is going on close to 10 years now of continuing to pummel Trump in the media to win elections

And if Trump does not run, all that investment goes up in flames and they lose easily in 2024 to pretty much anyone.

In fact, if Trump does not run all they will have is saying he or she is a Trumpster.

So yea, you are correct, he should not run, but everyone knows he will run.

How so? Trump's legacy is the only thing standing between liberty and tyranny right now. Can you imagine the mess we'd be in if he hadn't given us a strongly-conservative Supreme Court, a vaccine for COVID, and an end to ISIS?

Just about every problem we're facing now is the result of Biden reversing the policies of President Trump, as well as some Republicans going along with him. And even with DeSantis as President, the left is going to hammer him just as hard as they did Trump. So could DeSantis handle it, or would he fold and give in to the Democrats? We already know how steadfast Trump was, he never acquiesced to the left's demands.

Last edited:
A useless vaccine is nothing to boast about. Almost everyone I know has had that stupid drug and they've all gotten covid.

Ok, so a conservative-held Supreme Court is just nothing, eh? And what about all of the other policies Trump had while he was President? Energy, foreign policy, trade...You seem to forget where we were right before the pandemic hit. I don't think DeSantis has enough balls to get us back to that place, with the harassment he's going to get from the left. He's a politician. He has to worry about his future career. Trump doesn't, he's independently-wealthy and has nothing to lose. He's as bold and brash as a Teddy Roosevelt. I can't blame him for being "divisive", as it was the left and a small handful of Republicans who chose to divide themselves from him.

Last edited:

If they both become candidates I will vote for the one who wins out as the Republican nominee. Both love America and support the laws of our country.

No way should Trump be the VP. His policies need to be right up front. I can see DeSantis as VP, though. He probably wouldn't stab Trump in the back like Pence did.
Yes. The winning ticket is Trump/DeSantis. If DeSantis challenges Trump for the nomination, and in doing so will have to go on the attack against him, he will enrage diehard Trump fans and screw up his chances for 2028.

If he instead becomes VP (via an agreement with Trump not to challenge), he has three short years before he begins his own presidential campaign, and will be well-positioned to win.

Trump/DeSantis 2024

DeSantis/?.? 2028 and 2032

Yes. The winning ticket is Trump/DeSantis. If DeSantis challenges Trump for the nomination, and in doing so will have to go on the attack against him, he will enrage diehard Trump fans and screw up his chances for 2028.

If he instead becomes VP (via an agreement with Trump not to challenge), he has three short years before he begins his own presidential campaign, and will be well-positioned to win.

Trump/DeSantis 2024

DeSantis/?.? 2028 and 2032
Trump and Desantis hate each other. They’re not running on the same ticket

I never got it and never got Covid.

It's not a vaccine and evidently people who did get it are having health issues
Ip’ve read that as many as 40% of people have gotten COVID and never knew it. I myself never got it, as far as I know.

Trump and Desantis hate each other. They’re not running on the same ticket
Harris hated Biden and called him a racist, and the next thIng you know, she’s in love with him.

Never say never. Each will do what they think will best help them reach the WH.

Harris hated Biden and called him a racist, and the next thIng you know, she’s in love with him.

Never say never. Each will do what they think will best help them reach the WH.
I don’t see any scenario where they run on the same ticket. Desantis is in his mid forties. He doesn’t need to be Trump’s VP

Forum List

Back