People are moving to Texas for a better life? Who are these people?

Denial is one of your deepest qualities.

"I'd be very surprised to hear the Legislature at large talk about climate change, but I do hear a lot of talk about drought and flood, and what happens if the temperature goes up," says Jennifer Walker of the National Wildlife Federation. "They're talking around it without naming it, but more so than I've ever heard. It's kinda painful, tiny baby steps – but a little bit of progress is being made."

They had droughts in the 1930’s?

And the state did not dry up and blow away, did it?

Where did you go in Texas?
Say that about most states and it doesn't matter much. Texas is so damned large that it has regions. The Panhandle is way different than the east or the hill country. Unfortunately for Texans, the bulk of those who are fleeing to Texas are just bringing the corrupt, insane mess they created, with them...

sauced-pork-ribs-on-a-baoking-sheet.jpg
I mostly eat fish these days lol

"People are moving to Texas for a better life? Who are these people?"​

Mostly Californians and other blue staters who are not only dealing with drought and other weather extremes, but they're having to do it in states that are the most expensive to live in, as well as having to deal with other blue state crap, like sanctuary cities, high crime rates, homeless, and drug addicts stumbling around all over the fucking place!

They had droughts in the 1930’s?

And the state did not dry up and blow away, did it?
Are you asking the question? How did we get through the drought of the 30s without screaming climate change?

I'm not sure people are thinking things through here.

DRIED UP: Texas cities in fear of running out of water

Climate change is not being kind to that region. Neither are the battles in the rightwing social wars.

View attachment 790598
California's water problems are much worse. I guess you have not been paying attention lately.

Also, houses are much cheaper in Texas than California. Californians are not just moving to Texas. They are spreading out all over the place, mostly likely in search of a lower cost of living.

If you are worried about climate change, Vermont is where you want to be.

Forum List

Back