Pence subpoenaed by special counsel leading Trump investigations

I wonder what the cult will think/do if Pence just answers questions honestly and they hurt Trump.

He just did his job on Jan 6, it hurt Trump, and they called him a traitor.

Being honest and doing your job is for traitors only, in TrumpWorld™.
Pence will not want to harm trump. He is complicit in all of trumps sleaze.

He's painted himself into a corner here. He wants to be President, but he can't win without the Trumpsters. And they hate him because they've been told he could have thrown the election.

That's what he -- or anyone -- gets for willingly selling your soul and staying in the orange orbit. Do that and you're soiled. Tough shit.

Do that and you're soiled.

Yupper, soiled.
An apt description.
And notably a subpoena by the DOJ is a different animal than a subpoena from the House of Representatives. The stakes bigger. Penalties harsher.

We can only hope that a prosecutor with skill, experience, gravitas, and homework......will stand in front of Pence and the Grand Jury and wring out of him all that America needs to know about January 6th.

I ain't a lawyer. But I'm still interested on how the DOJ will handle Pence. Time will tell.

Yupper, soiled.
An apt description.
And notably a subpoena by the DOJ is a different animal than a subpoena from the House of Representatives. The stakes bigger. Penalties harsher.

We can only hope that a prosecutor with skill, experience, gravitas, and homework......will stand in front of Pence and the Grand Jury and wring out of him all that America needs to know about January 6th.

I ain't a lawyer. But I'm still interested on how the DOJ will handle Pence. Time will tell.
Certainly there will be absolutely every attempt to get out of this, or delay it at least.

Pence has three options: He can tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. He can plead the Fifth (although I don't know why he'd need to do that). Or he could claim to not remember.

He says he's a devout Christian. He does seem like it. He also wants to be President, and is living under the illusion that he could win the nomination. Time for him to make a choice.

I just saw an interview that Pence did on the whole "rigged election" farce, and now I'm guessing that he's going to try to thread the needle.

In a nutshell -- no pun intended -- it looks like his argument will be that Trump was just listening to his lawyers, and oops, turns out his lawyers were fuckin' nuts. A guy is supposed to listen to his lawyers, isn't he?

As weak and insulting as that is, that's what his game appears to be. And lest we forget -- this goes beyond Pence's obvious political ambitions. He also knows that his life is in direct danger if he goes against the family.

Trump was just listening to his lawyers,
--------------------------------------------------------------

I, for one, disdain that argument, if it is presented...."listening to his lawyers".
It is weasel-y. It is chicken-merde'. IMHO

I look at it this way: the buck stops here. I make the decisions about my life, about my arguments, about my presentations to the bank, the courts, the boards, the commissions, the sheriff. I do it. It is my responsibility.

Sure, a lawyer(s) may advise....but the ultimate decision is with the guy who pays the lawyer. Me.

Thus Don Trump, Mike Pence, and the others, are the ones who stand accountable. We didn't elect their lawyers. We elected them.

IMHO

I, for one, disdain that argument, if it is presented...."listening to his lawyers".

I look at it this way: the buck stops here. I make the decisions about my life, about my arguments, about my presentations to the bank, the courts, the boards, the commissions, the sheriff. I do it. It is my responsibility.

Sure, a lawyer(s) may advise....but the ultimate decision is with the guy who pays the lawyer. Me.

Thus Don Trump, Mike Pence, and the others, are the ones who stand accountable. We didn't elect their lawyers. We elected them.

IMHO
Trumps lawyers were all crazy though. Arent they all disbarred ?

IMHO
Sure. The argument is terribly weak, and would just be another example of Trump being portrayed as the victim.

But that definitely looked like what Pence was trying to pull. It would be a real disappointment if a jury actually bought it.

It's his only play. And/or, it's his best excuse while enjoying see Trump go down anyway. There's no way that would break his heart.

But that definitely looked like what Pence was trying to pull.
Yes, Mac.....I too have seen reportage about Pence floating that gambit.
So, what you posted wasn't a surprise. And thus I promptly responded.

At the end of the day, I would like to see Pence penalized (in whatever fashion) for his support/enabling/sycophancy of Don Trump. He should not skate free of the damage wrought by the Administration he was so much a part of, that he help foster.

Sure, America can decide to mitigate....tho not absolve.....that penalty due to his locating a spine (and listening to advisers who warned him) regarding the turn away of the fake electors.
Good for Mike, in that single instance.
And good for America....that there were those advisers to give him spine.

But Mike should NOT be an avatar or role-model for Evangelical Christianists. They would be...and have been.....smeared by his behavior.
If there is a single identifiable group that can be branded with the H-for-Hypocrisy....it is the evangelical christianists!

IMHO

Forum List

Back