Pence Believes Jesus 'Speaks' to Him, How About You?

Does Jesus 'Speak' to you?

• No, but I believe He is Real

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Of course Jesus speaks to Christians, if we only listen. What Pence claimed was not unusual among Christians and I have 'heard' Jesus' voice myself at times.

It is not a physical sound, but sort of a memory of something said that you know is not a memory, i.e. it is all in your mind but 'feels' like someone is talking to you in your mind.

I also know it is 90% of the time exactly right and I have learned to trust it to adegree of certainty like that of the advice of a wise old experienced friend. Not absolutely always right, but pretty damned close.

A friend of mine once told me I had learned to trust my gut and I identify my gut with Jesus. Maybe.

How seriously does one take such 'imagination'?

I take it as a source of ideas on what to plan on in the future, for contingencies and things I might enjoy. Sometimes I get insights to problems with social relationships which I really suck at and with complexities I am not sure I understand.

Some famous people had visions and heard voices that they took seriously and followed them to great accomplishment. Joan of Arc, Christopher Columbus, DesCartes, Leibnits and more claim that Jesus or His mother Mary inspired them to embark on their course that led to their accomplishments.

So I feel like I am in good company.

How about you?

Some schizophrenics and serial killers have that same thang.

It really irritates me when religion is used as a marketing tool.

If Mike Pence speaks to Jesus, than clearly he is not listening because he is not a man of peace
Why do you make such a ridiculous statement? And I thought God-Haters always lecture us, "JUDGE NOT." Yet you judge. Hypocrite.

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the world. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Seems you don't know Jesus either.

If Mike Pence speaks to Jesus, than clearly he is not listening because he is not a man of peace
Why do you make such a ridiculous statement? And I thought God-Haters always lecture us, "JUDGE NOT." Yet you judge. Hypocrite.

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the world. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

What?

Mike Pence is a warmonger. His childish behavior at the Olympics is yet another proof of this.

Your lack of knowledge on this topic renders your opinion less than worthless.

Did he shoot someone at the Olympics? Guess I missed that.

Jesus speaks to me.

He told me to short the ultra-leveraged volatility ETFs a few weeks ago. He said "My son, the leveraged volatility ETFs are an instrument of Satan, but they are soon to meet their comeuppance. Goeth into the market and short them, and thine bank account will grow quickly.

So I did.

I made a lot of money.

And this is why I'm a Christian.

Wait a second. Are you saying that you believe Pence is being directed by Jesus?

Jesus speaks to me.

He told me to short the ultra-leveraged volatility ETFs a few weeks ago. He said "My son, the leveraged volatility ETFs are an instrument of Satan, but they are soon to meet their comeuppance. Goeth into the market and short them, and thine bank account will grow quickly.

So I did.

I made a lot of money.

You make a very fine Christian.

Nobody cares about a God-Haters opinion.

Oh, but they do.

I live in a Southern city that had an Evangelical Christian coffee shop where I used to stop. It was a nice, friendly place, and I really liked the owner. They had bible study, and prayers, and Christian stuff all over the shelves and the walls. I thought it was an interesting business concept. But I was wrong. It went under. It was replaced by a hip, edgy coffee shop, whose customers have tattoos and piercings, and it is thriving.

The moral of the story? People would rather have a coffee with the devil than with Jesus.

I also know it is 90% of the time exactly right and I have learned to trust it to adegree of certainty like that of the advice of a wise old experienced friend. Not absolutely always right, but pretty damned close.
So, what, god is wrong 10% of the time?

Blasphemy!

Burn him!

Wait a second. Are you saying that you believe Pence is being directed by Jesus?
I believe this is a PERSONAL matter not to be taken lightly as the God-Haters do. They are fools and their opinion is worthless on this topic.

Jesus speaks to me.

So I did.

I made a lot of money.

You make a very fine Christian.

Why thank you.

Jesus also told me to short real estate just before the Global Financial Crisis.

I made a killing.

So, what, god is wrong 10% of the time?

Blasphemy!

Burn him!

I would expect God to get it bang on every time, not be an A- student.

I believe this is a PERSONAL matter not to be taken lightly as the God-Haters do. They are fools and their opinion is worthless on this topic.

I agree it is a personal matter.

That said, it is dangerous to use it as justification for actions. And votes.

Forum List

Back