Pelosi: The Bitch that Caught the Car

Huh? Linky, linky plz. thx.

Trump hasn’t been impeached yet, one scholar argues — others say he’s wrong

So Nancy is playing with the constitutionality of impeachment.
I hope Mitch says her impeachment is void and moves on with senate business.
Then the impeachment debate moves on thru the courts and is never settled.
Thank you for the link, kyzr. I am going with Derschowitz on this issue, had here's his opinion:

Alan Dershowitz, an emeritus professor at the same law school and often a Trump defender, wrote in an op-ed Thursday that Trump had been impeached by the House, using the past tense.
Last June, Dershowitz was saying the Supreme Court could intervene under the circumstances at that time, and this information was merely utilized by Nancy Pelosi's scholars to get around it and fix the problems he pointed out. That's likely why he changed his opinion in more recent weeks.

If the Supreme Court intervenes at this point, it's very likely that unless they can uncover criminal intention, they would be most reluctant to deal Pelosi a simple nay. God help us all, because President Trump did not do any crime, high or low.

And imho, Nancy Pelosi is a cheap punk.

A person who has reached their goal but doesn’t know what to do next.

Huh? Linky, linky plz. thx.

So Nancy is playing with the constitutionality of impeachment.
I hope Mitch says her impeachment is void and moves on with senate business.
Then the impeachment debate moves on thru the courts and is never settled.
Thank you for the link, kyzr. I am going with Derschowitz on this issue, had here's his opinion:

Alan Dershowitz, an emeritus professor at the same law school and often a Trump defender, wrote in an op-ed Thursday that Trump had been impeached by the House, using the past tense.
Last June, Dershowitz was saying the Supreme Court could intervene under the circumstances at that time, and this information was merely utilized by Nancy Pelosi's scholars to get around it and fix the problems he pointed out. That's likely why he changed his opinion in more recent weeks.

If the Supreme Court intervenes at this point, it's very likely that unless they can uncover criminal intention, they would be most reluctant to deal Pelosi a simple nay. God help us all, because President Trump did not do any crime, high or low.

And imho, Nancy Pelosi is a cheap punk.

Agree Nancy is playing in the deep end of the pool and she is a very weak swimmer. I'm hoping that Mitch plays hardball if Nancy delays much past New Years sending the articles to the senate. If Mitch says that the Senate is proceeding with normal business and lets the articles sit a month or two, or just ignores them, we'll see if Nancy wants to take it to the courts. That way the trial is during the dem primaries, and Barr and Durham should be close to issuing indictments. What Nancy apparently doesn't know is that Mitch knows the senate and the rules, and can change the senate rules to stuff Nancy's ploys.
If nothing else, its creating interesting discussions on the Constitution, and there is no agreement from the law professors. Is Trump impeached now or not? Their expert says no, not until the articles are forwarded to the senate. Should be an interesting 2020.

The dog that caught the car is a rather obscure "old saw." No need to get nasty.

What happened with Russia and Obstruction of Justice? I thought he was going to be impeached for those things.

Dimms sure flip flop a lot.

"The bitch that caught the car" is a fair analogy. Meaning that once Nancy lit the impeachment, the Constitutional requirements as to what happens next is prescribed. Nancy can't change the rules of the game in the senate like she could in the House. Her whining about Mitch as being "rogue" only makes him more prone to make her look like an idiot. Either she sends the articles over soon, or Mitch can make the process a nightmare with appeals to the USSC for interpretations.
Nancy Pelosi: I Don’t Give a Rat’s Ass What Mitch McConnell Has to Say About Impeachment
Pelosi: I Don’t Give a Rat’s Ass What McConnell Has to Say About Impeachment

Forum List

Back