Pelosi invites Trump to give State of the Union address on February 5

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
She has come to her senses, realizes if she keeps capitulating to the far left, she's finished.

Here is what I think some are telling her, "give him his wall. He's just going to declare a National Emergency and render us looking weak and useless anyways".

We need Patriots in your country. If I could tell you all my story in the detail that I know it, you'd be canvassing for any politician who was Pro-American, capitalism and your Constitution. There's a great deal at stake in 2020.

Get 'er done Trump! God Bless America!

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., on Monday invited President Trump to deliver the State of the Union address on February 5.

The invitation from Pelosi comes after a planned January 29 date to give the address was scuttled due to the partial government shutdown. That led to a contentious back-and-forthbetween Trump and the House speaker before the president announced a deal to reopen the government on January 25.

“When I wrote to you on January 23rd, I stated that we should work together to find a mutually agreeable date when government has reopened to schedule this year’s State of the Union address," Pelosi wrote in her new invitation to Trump. "In our conversation today, we agreed on February 5th.

"Therefore, I invite you to deliver your State of the Union address before a Joint Session of Congress on February 5, 2019 in the House Chamber."

Shortly after receiving the invite, the president accepted.

"Thank you for your letter inviting me to deliver the State of the Union Address before a joint session of Congress on Tuesday, February 5, 2019," Trump wrote in reply. "It is my great honor to accept. We have a great story to tell and yet, great goals to achieve.

"I look forward to seeing you on the 5th."

Last edited:
Were I Trump, I would have two versions of the speech. One to be distributed to the press and Congress early in the day, as always, so media commentary and Democrat rebuttals can be developed.

The second would be the one I would actually read on the live feed, one that would de-pants the Democrats in front of a billion worldwide viewers. It would include a lesson in 20th Century Communism, its current resurrection in the Democratic Party, and the danger that it presents to 21st Century America.

It’s a crazy thing called “give n take” .

I think one of the top Dems should play good cop and appeal to Trumps ego by playing nice.

Are the Dems now going to say that Pelosi caved to Trump and call this a Trump win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were I Trump, I would have two versions of the speech. One to be distributed to the press and Congress early in the day, as always, so media commentary and Democrat rebuttals can be developed.

The second would be the one I would actually read on the live feed, one that would de-pants the Democrats in front of a billion worldwide viewers. It would include a lesson in 20th Century Communism, its current resurrection in the Democratic Party, and the danger that it presents to 21st Century America.

Oh I would love that. Considering that communism is deader than dead. All of the former communist states that didn't go full throttle to democracy, devolved into authoritarian dictatorships and oligarchies, long ago. Trump would look like a total idiot, which is just business as usual lately.

She has come to her senses, realizes if she keeps capitulating to the far left, she's finished.

Here is what I think some are telling her, "give him his wall. He's just going to declare a National Emergency and render us looking weak and useless anyways".

We need Patriots in your country. If I could tell you all my story in the detail that I know it, you'd be canvassing for any politician who was Pro-American, capitalism and your Constitution. There's a great deal at stake in 2020.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., on Monday invited President Trump to deliver the State of the Union address on February 5.

The invitation from Pelosi comes after a planned January 29 date to give the address was scuttled due to the partial government shutdown. That led to a contentious back-and-forthbetween Trump and the House speaker before the president announced a deal to reopen the government on January 25.

“When I wrote to you on January 23rd, I stated that we should work together to find a mutually agreeable date when government has reopened to schedule this year’s State of the Union address," Pelosi wrote in her new invitation to Trump. "In our conversation today, we agreed on February 5th.

"Therefore, I invite you to deliver your State of the Union address before a Joint Session of Congress on February 5, 2019 in the House Chamber."

"Thank you for your letter inviting me to deliver the State of the Union Address before a joint session of Congress on Tuesday, February 5, 2019," Trump wrote in reply. "It is my great honor to accept. We have a great story to tell and yet, great goals to achieve.

Then they are lying to her. This is going to be tied up in the courts. Republican Justin Amash is right.

No. @POTUS can’t claim emergency powers for non-emergency actions whenever Congress doesn’t legislate the way he wants.

There is a great deal at stake in 2020. Whether the Republican Party will appeal to white supremacists and neo-nazis or real Americans.

Then they are lying to her. This is going to be tied up in the courts. Republican Justin Amash is right.

No. @POTUS can’t claim emergency powers for non-emergency actions whenever Congress doesn’t legislate the way he wants.

There is a great deal at stake in 2020. Whether the Republican Party will appeal to white supremacists and neo-nazis or real Americans.

Real Americans don't want to be invaded by your family members from the other side of the border.

Last edited:

Get military hardware in front of the White House to defend him and military personal to protect him at the Capitol building. President Trump you have our support. In the worst case you tried. But to the max. Not half azz.

It’s a crazy thing called “give n take” .

I think one of the top Dems should play good cop and appeal to Trumps ego by playing nice.

Don't kid yourself. She just wants her stupid trip to Afghanistan and other places. She was in no position to hold out. Trump kept his part of the deal and she is forced to keep hers. Imagine what Trump could say about her integrity of she reneged.

A foreign invasion has nothing to do with legislation, it's an emergency.

It’s the House of Representatives....... the People’s other house up the street.

Actually Nancy Pelosi's negatives mean that Trump came out ahead of her in favorability ratings. Trump looked presidential caving in and getting the workers paid. Nancy looked uncaring, radical, rigid, and that's not a good look in politics.
NBC Touts ‘Blame’ for Trump in New Poll, Ignores Rise in Negatives for Pelosi

Donald Trump is running for President not Nancy Pelosi. The only negatives Pelosi needs to worry about is the negatives in her district. Trump is not looking Presidential as he initiated the shutdown. If he does it again, he will not look good. Voters do not want a wall nor do they want a national emergency.

I'm getting really tired of "Who won...Trump or Pelosi?." If the press and we didn't talk in terms of win and loss, maybe we could be talking about what this country needs.

With Liberals, it’s always a zero-sum end game. Which is ironic because they are the ones pussifying youth sports with don’t keep score.

I'm excited about the SOTU address.My buddies Earl and Clem are coming over to my house and watch it with me.We'll have on our MAGA hats,wave the American flag,do the wave .I told them to come over early and we can watch youtube videos of those guys walking around in Walmart and farting ..

Actually Nancy Pelosi's negatives mean that Trump came out ahead of her in favorability ratings. Trump looked presidential caving in and getting the workers paid. Nancy looked uncaring, radical, rigid, and that's not a good look in politics.
NBC Touts ‘Blame’ for Trump in New Poll, Ignores Rise in Negatives for Pelosi

Donald Trump is running for President not Nancy Pelosi. The only negatives Pelosi needs to worry about is the negatives in her district. Trump is not looking Presidential as he initiated the shutdown. If he does it again, he will not look good. Voters do not want a wall nor do they want a national emergency.
Voters want a wall. We are tired of paying for illegals.

There is a great deal at stake in 2020.

We hear this same bullshit every damn election. WHY? Because the sheep herders know how gullible their flock is.

Whether the Republican Party will appeal to white supremacists and neo-nazis or real Americans.

Now you're just being a stupid bitch. Those same sheep herders thank you for your obedience

Oh I would love that. Considering that communism is deader than dead.

Sorry, but no. It has been renamed.

Check out the CPUSA site, and the current Democrat agenda. There is no difference.

Real Americans don't want to be invaded by your family members from the other side of the border.

Americans are not being "invaded" by anyone. If you believe you are in danger, you're a total fool.

Forum List

Back