Pelosi Cola! Latest Congressional Spending Spree Includes 21% Increase In Congressional Staff Allowance While Social Security Increases (COLA) By Only

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Pelosi Cola! Latest Congressional Spending Spree Includes 21% Increase In Congressional Staff Allowance While Social Security Increases (COLA) By Only 5.9%​

(Pelosi/Schumer Prioritize DC Staffers Over Retirees)

12 Mar 2022

US Speaker of the House and American Oligarch Nancy Pelosi together with Senate Majority Oligarch Charles Schumer passed yet another massive spending bill that seemingly benefited them and not the American middle class.
As part of the $1.5 trillion omnibus spending bill released Wednesday, the $5.9 billion fiscal 2022 Legislative Branch funding portion would substantially boost the office budgets of House members to pay staff more.
This legislation would provide $774.4 million for the Members Representational Allowance, known as the MRA, which funds the House office budgets for lawmakers, including staffer salaries. This $134.4 million, or 21 percent, boost over the previous fiscal year marks the largest increase in the MRA appropriation since it was authorized in 1996, according to a bill summary by the House Appropriations Committee. For paid interns in member and leadership offices, the House would get $18.2 million.
Unfortunately, retirees received a Social Security Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) of only 5.9%.
~Snip~
Schumer’s name is attached to 59 earmarks totaling nearly $80 million in the omnibus’s transportation and housing and urban development (HUD) section alone, according to a review by The Hill. He successfully requested funding for the projects either individually or with other lawmakers from his home state.

Commentary:

At the colossal rate inflation is running, I am wondering whether Social Security might be forced to make emergency COLA adjustments in addition to the regular yearly COLAs.
You have to wonder if the 20% increase is the actual inflation rate and Democrats have short changed American retirees once again.
Regrettably those we have elected to represent us in government don’t give a crap about ordinary taxpaying citizens. We’re just an endless ATM to them.
The retired and disabled dependent on Social Security have been abandoned by those elected by and for the people.

1647134738931.png

You really didn't expect them to care if they make more people homeless did you?

It's cheaper to fund crack pipes than raise social security for retirees.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Pelosi Cola! Latest Congressional Spending Spree Includes 21% Increase In Congressional Staff Allowance While Social Security Increases (COLA) By Only 5.9%​

(Pelosi/Schumer Prioritize DC Staffers Over Retirees)

12 Mar 2022

US Speaker of the House and American Oligarch Nancy Pelosi together with Senate Majority Oligarch Charles Schumer passed yet another massive spending bill that seemingly benefited them and not the American middle class.
As part of the $1.5 trillion omnibus spending bill released Wednesday, the $5.9 billion fiscal 2022 Legislative Branch funding portion would substantially boost the office budgets of House members to pay staff more.
This legislation would provide $774.4 million for the Members Representational Allowance, known as the MRA, which funds the House office budgets for lawmakers, including staffer salaries. This $134.4 million, or 21 percent, boost over the previous fiscal year marks the largest increase in the MRA appropriation since it was authorized in 1996, according to a bill summary by the House Appropriations Committee. For paid interns in member and leadership offices, the House would get $18.2 million.
Unfortunately, retirees received a Social Security Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) of only 5.9%.
~Snip~
Schumer’s name is attached to 59 earmarks totaling nearly $80 million in the omnibus’s transportation and housing and urban development (HUD) section alone, according to a review by The Hill. He successfully requested funding for the projects either individually or with other lawmakers from his home state.

Commentary:

At the colossal rate inflation is running, I am wondering whether Social Security might be forced to make emergency COLA adjustments in addition to the regular yearly COLAs.
You have to wonder if the 20% increase is the actual inflation rate and Democrats have short changed American retirees once again.
Regrettably those we have elected to represent us in government don’t give a crap about ordinary taxpaying citizens. We’re just an endless ATM to them.
The retired and disabled dependent on Social Security have been abandoned by those elected by and for the people.
Trump's horrific deficit is shrinking under Biden.
Sound familiar?
Clinton shrunk the Reagan/Bush deficits
Obama shrunk the Bush deficits
Now Biden is saving the country from Trump's economic idiocy.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sound familiar?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
1647135397058.png

Yet they can't learn to tighten their own belts after telling everyone else to make do with less.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Sound familiar?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Seriously we are trillions more in debt under BIDEN----and there are those idiots who claim the dems shrink the deficiet bullshit. To stupid for words.

You must feel all warm and proud and fuzzy when you fill up your gas tank.
I'm not stupid.
I can fill all three of my vehicles for $120
Then drive 2-3 weeks till the next.
Don't like the prices but I'm not stupid enough to think it's Biden's doing.

SO

Go climb into the F250 4x4 that gets 8 MPG and enjoy spending the same as I. Except you do it 3 times a week.

"Those that fail to plan, plan to fail."

Seriously we are trillions more in debt under BIDEN----and there are those idiots who claim the dems shrink the deficiet bullshit. To stupid for words.
Damn those pesky actual factual facts.
"In fiscal year 2021, the federal deficit totaled nearly $2.8 trillion—about $360 billion less than in 2020, but nearly triple the shortfall in 2019. That deficit was equal to 12.4% of GDP, down from 15.0% in 2020, but up from 4.7% in 2019. See more editions of CBO's Monthly Budget Review.Nov 8, 2021"

Just like Obama after Bush. Those deficits will continue to decrease year over year.

It is the burden of the Democratic party to clean up the shit left behind by the GOP.

Now try to absorb that in your Tiny Mind.

I'm not stupid.
I can fill all three of my vehicles for $120
Then drive 2-3 weeks till the next.
Don't like the prices but I'm not stupid enough to think it's Biden's doing.

SO

Go climb into the F250 4x4 that gets 8 MPG and enjoy spending the same as I. Except you do it 3 times a week.

"Those that fail to plan, plan to fail."
LOL! My work truck is a 1995 Chevy C1500 with a V6. My commute is 5 minutes. What you spend on your three vehicles lasts me three months.

Sucker!!

LOL! My work truck is a 1995 Chevy C1500 with a V6. My commute is 5 minutes. What you spend on your three vehicles lasts me three months.

Sucker!!
5 drivers, three vehicles.
Know how far I go to work?
8 feet.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Congress Gives Itself Double-Digit Raise While Americans Struggle to Make Ends Meet

15 Mar 2022 ~~ By Spencer Brown

Amid economic turmoil for the American people, their representatives in Washington gave their offices a double-digit raise this month even as the average American worker finds their real wages decreasing due to inflation that outpaces wages at new.
If you missed Congress giving itself a little pat on the back, that's understandable — members aren't likely to tout outside the beltway how they're filling their own office coffers, plus the funding increase for congressional offices was just one part of the 2,700+ page omnibus bill that funded the U.S. government to the tune of some $1.5 trillion.
As "RollCal"l explains, "the $5.9 billion fiscal 2022 Legislative Branch funding portion would substantially boost the office budgets of House members" and "would provide $774.4 million for the Members Representational Allowance, known as the MRA, which funds the House office budgets for lawmakers, including staffer salaries."

Commentary:
Dystopian politics in America has destroyed the middle class and created a ruling class in this nation and it's our fault. We keep voting in these people again and again and again.
Biden/Pelosi’s 2,700+ page omnibus bill tax funded the government for some $1.5 trillion.
As RollCall explains, “the $5.9 billion fiscal 2022 Legislative Branch funding portion would:
  • Boost the office budgets of House members dramatically by 21%.
  • Would provide $774.4 million for the Members Representational Allowance tax;
  • The MRA, funds the House office budgets for lawmakers, including staffer salaries.”;
  • Increased taxpayer funding for congressional offices is $134.4 million;
  • More than was allocated in the last fiscal year;
  • A 21 percent increase — according to the House Appropriations Committee summary.;
  • In addition, House congressional offices get $18.2 million for paid internships.
It takes an Act of Congressional to enact 'Congressional Term Limits', these SOB'S are not going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg!
Meanwhile, the COLA for those receiving Social Security was a weak 5.9% and raised the cost of Medicare.
How gracious of Congress to throw those crumbs to the People.
The brazen corruptness of these Progressive Maoist/DSA Democrat miscreants is immeasurable and astounding.

Forum List

Back