Pediatrics Group Says Circumcision's Benefits Outweigh Risks

Yes, an uncut penis is fucking revolting. No offense to those men who still have that ugly wad of skin hanging off their dick, but I feel sorry for you.

The option should be up to parents, though.

I know parents that think females should be circumcised, should they be allowed to make the decision, or is that barbaric and unconscionable because it interferes with a woman's choice?

While I think you can make arguments against male circumcision, I don't think that one works very well. Female circumcision does severe damage and serves no medical function. Male circumcision makes sex a little less fun, while providing some benefits in terms of disease prevention.

Yet the same group that is telling me that male circumcision is good for me is urging doctors to consider female circumcision. That leads me to dismiss everything they, or you, have to say about it.

Embracing Female Genital Mutilation | FrontPage Magazine

I know parents that think females should be circumcised, should they be allowed to make the decision, or is that barbaric and unconscionable because it interferes with a woman's choice?

Unless they are foreign born I highly doubt that you know anyone who believes that, but nonetheless, female circumcision and male circumcision are apples and oranges. Male circumcisions have a religious component to them, but generally it offers a hygienic benefit. There is no health benefit in circumcising a woman. It is only practiced by primitive, oppressive societies who feel women should be denied sexual pleasure.

While I think you can make arguments against male circumcision, I don't think that one works very well. Female circumcision does severe damage and serves no medical function. Male circumcision makes sex a little less fun, while providing some benefits in terms of disease prevention.

Yet the same group that is telling me that male circumcision is good for me is urging doctors to consider female circumcision. That leads me to dismiss everything they, or you, have to say about it.

Because it's the exact same thing! I mean, there no difference in anatomy between a man and a woman!

Derp!

Because it's the exact same thing! I mean, there no difference in anatomy between a man and a woman!

Derp!

You would think doctors would know that, wouldn't you?

Derp!

You would think doctors would know that, wouldn't you?

The AAP didn't advocate for female circumcision.

Derp!

Imagine going down on an uncut bloke. I'd probably clean him first because I wouldn't trust him to do it. For a species who rarely wash their hands after a piss, do we really trust them to clean their dicks?

Plus, imagine that massive wad of skin in your mouth. You'd be better off sucking your thumb. Same feeling.

Maybe the real problem is that you are kind of a slut?

Hey now. Are men who like big boobs pigs.

Yes.

So are men who like small boobs.

We are all pigs. Haven't you been paying attention?

The American Academy of Pediatrics has never endorsed female circumcision. If you actually read the portions from AAP in the link you provided (and not the blogger's crazy spin on it), you'll notice that they're not endorsing female circumcision, but instead encouraging doctors to reach out to families they think will do it to perform a ritual cut that won't harm the child, instead of them chopping off the clitoris in a back alley.

The American Academy of Pediatrics has never endorsed female circumcision. If you actually read the portions from AAP in the link you provided (and not the blogger's crazy spin on it), you'll notice that they're not endorsing female circumcision, but instead encouraging doctors to reach out to families they think will do it to perform a ritual cut that won't harm the child, instead of them chopping off the clitoris in a back alley.

They are endorsing that doctors lie to their patients?

Yes, an uncut penis is fucking revolting. No offense to those men who still have that ugly wad of skin hanging off their dick, but I feel sorry for you.

Females were circumcised for different reasons. Duh.

Females were circumcised for different reasons. Duh.

Male circumcision is a religious practice, so is female circumcision. Sounds like the same reason to me.

Do the boy child a favor and get him cut, folks.

For the new policy statement, researchers formed a task force in 2007 to review evidence from 1,000 studies that took place between 1995 and 2010. They found that the procedure had preventive benefits, including a major risk reduction for male urinary tract infections - especially during the first year of life - and a lower risk of cancer, and heterosexual acquisition of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. Specifically, risk for herpes was 28 to 34 percent lower for circumcised men and risk for HPV was reduced by 30 to 40 percent.

Based on current rates, it appears an increasing number of parents are opting to skip the procedure. A recent analysis from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found the U.S. circumcision rate fell from about 63 percent of newborn boys in 1999 to 55 percent in 2010. In the 1980s, the U.S. circumcision rate was about 79 percent of newborn boys.

A study in last week's Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine found the 20-year decline may have already contributed to about $2 billion in additional medical costs, for care related to treating urinary tract infections and sexually transmitted diseases throughout a male's lifetime. The researchers say if the trend continues to where only 10 percent of U.S. males are circumcised - rates similar to Europe - the country could face about $4.4 billion in health care costs - an added $407 per man.

And a lot of unnecessary added pain.

Besides, an uncircumcised penis is fugly.

You can read the orginal policy statement here: Circumcision Policy Statement

If we really want to reduce the risk of STD's to the lowest possible we should just cut off the entire thing, right?

Because its justifiable to mutilate the body of an infant so long as it reduces his chances of disease later in life.

do the boy child a favor and get him cut, folks.

for the new policy statement, researchers formed a task force in 2007 to review evidence from 1,000 studies that took place between 1995 and 2010. They found that the procedure had preventive benefits, including a major risk reduction for male urinary tract infections - especially during the first year of life - and a lower risk of cancer, and heterosexual acquisition of hiv and other sexually transmitted diseases. Specifically, risk for herpes was 28 to 34 percent lower for circumcised men and risk for hpv was reduced by 30 to 40 percent.

based on current rates, it appears an increasing number of parents are opting to skip the procedure. A recent analysis from the centers for disease control and prevention found the u.s. Circumcision rate fell from about 63 percent of newborn boys in 1999 to 55 percent in 2010. In the 1980s, the u.s. Circumcision rate was about 79 percent of newborn boys.

A study in last week's archives of pediatrics and adolescent medicine found the 20-year decline may have already contributed to about $2 billion in additional medical costs, for care related to treating urinary tract infections and sexually transmitted diseases throughout a male's lifetime. The researchers say if the trend continues to where only 10 percent of u.s. Males are circumcised - rates similar to europe - the country could face about $4.4 billion in health care costs - an added $407 per man.

and a lot of unnecessary added pain.

Besides, an uncircumcised penis is fugly.

You can read the orginal policy statement here: circumcision policy statement

from the link:
health benefits are not great enough to recommend routine
circumcision for all male newborns

What's the lie? A small ritual cut won't harm the child in the long-run, and could keep her parents from permanently mutilating her.

When all this shit about how bad circumcision is starting coming down, I thought, yo. It's probably true, for one.

But more importantly, the Jews are not going to like this. And when they don't like something, magical things happen. Cash goes here and there. Pressure is put where it needs to be put.

And voila! An amended report. Circumcision: Not Recommended, but Now Less Bad Than We Said Before.

What's the lie? A small ritual cut won't harm the child in the long-run, and could keep her parents from permanently mutilating her.

The parents bring a child in for a circumcision, and the doctor just pretends to do it, and you don't call it lying?

Imagine going down on an uncut bloke. I'd probably clean him first because I wouldn't trust him to do it. For a species who rarely wash their hands after a piss, do we really trust them to clean their dicks?

Plus, imagine that massive wad of skin in your mouth. You'd be better off sucking your thumb. Same feeling.

Maybe the real problem is that you are kind of a slut?

Hey now. Are men who like big boobs pigs. It's a preference thing not a slut thing.

Yes.

OINK! OINK!

The parents bring a child in for a circumcision, and the doctor just pretends to do it, and you don't call it lying?

He's not pretending. He's telling them he'll make a small cut and that's what he'd do.

He's not pretending. He's telling them he'll make a small cut and that's what he'd do.

You should go back and read the article.

Forum List

Back