Paul Krugman "hits the nail on the head" in re: Obamacare

I want single-payer like Israel has anyway.

Unacceptable Realities

And like Israel, would you also support and partake in the mandatory draft into the military? Men serve three years and women two to three years.

The population of Israel is < 9 million.

USA population: > 317 million. Not counting illegal immigrants.

Even the unemployed have to pay for their health insurance.
No Medicaid in Israel!

I was for conscription during Iraq (second longest war in American history after Afghanistan?). I did 4 yrs active duty in the 80's. I don't regret it.

You're consistent at least.

Krugman is Wrong

I've always enjoyed this site.

I liked this one from the link provided:

Breaking News: Krugman is STILL wrong!

By Jeff Semon on May 9, 2013

While it has been some time since I’ve posted on this site, I figured I should update my dear readers on what is going on. I had to shelve any krugmaniswrong activity since launching my congressional campaign. Needless to say no one is calling me “congressman” since I lost, but make no mistake about it, It was a worthy endeavor that has enriched my life in too many ways to mention.

While an immediate update of Paul’s bi-weekly column will be pretty tough going forward. I will try to keep this site a little more fresh, perhaps even give it a facelift?

Anyway, my new hero is Michael Tanner who yesterday wrote a terrific piece on the dear professor’s arrogance and ignorance (my words not his). If he comes to Boston any time soon, drinks are on me.

Still, it never ceases to amaze me the level of pomposity those who quote Krugman and the man himself possess. All this despite monumental evidence that he is wrong.

Oh, while in D.C. I met a VERY well-known conservative commentator you see all the time on TV. I’ll leave you with a quote from him: “Krugman is a real asshole, seriously, the guys a complete jerk. A total asshole.”

Nuff said.

Unacceptable Realities
That&#8217;s a curious belief to hold, given the fact that every other advanced country has such a guarantee, and that we ourselves have a 45-year-old single-payer system for seniors that has worked pretty well all this time. But nothing makes these people as angry as the suggestion that Obamacare might actually prove workable.

And it is well noted that when we got Obamacare shoved down our throats by Democrats--they also could have easily gone with a single payer--but decided against it. You just can't seem to get in through your head that the overwhelming majority in this country do not want Government managing their health care.

And the way they have built the web-site--is a very good example as to why you shouldn't want them involved in your health care.

ObamaCare-Website.png

Last edited:
You stupid fuckers sold us out, lock stock and barrel.

Who are you talking about? Heritage? They drew up the blueprint for the law. Yes, I said law. :cool:

Sorry, but this is so disingenuous. You know how you can tell that Obamacare is -not- the bullshit system that Heritage proposed? Heritage's proposal was short enough to read.

Somehow, and call me crazy here, but somehow I feel like in nearly 38000 added pages of legislation, more than the wording was changed.

Unacceptable Realities
That’s a curious belief to hold, given the fact that every other advanced country has such a guarantee, and that we ourselves have a 45-year-old single-payer system for seniors that has worked pretty well all this time. But nothing makes these people as angry as the suggestion that Obamacare might actually prove workable.

And it is well noted that when we got Obamacare shoved down our throats by Democrats--they also could have easily gone with a single payer--but decided against it. You just can't seem to get in through your head that the overwhelming majority in this country do not want Government managing their health care.

And the way they have built the web-site--is a very good example as to why you shouldn't want them involved in your health care.

ObamaCare-Website.png

The website is a huge red flag, no doubt. Incompetence running the healthcare industry is automatically a recipe for holy shit disaster.

Honestly, the control issues are more important to me than the incompetence. You can call this tinfoil hat shit all you want, but just look at how this entire healthcare argument came to be:

The government decided that it was a moral ill for people to be turned away from hospitals because they couldn't afford to pay, so they decreed that hospitals -must- treat people in need, and the financial difference would be made up by the government (taxpayers).

Suddenly, the government (the taxpayers) has a vested financial interest in whether or not people are able to pay for their healthcare. They decide to be generous and give free healthcare to the truly needy, and then decide it's costing everybody too much money, so everybody has to be forced into a government controlled system of healthcare.

See how that works? They give people something, it costs money, and they use that as justification to take more control.

Now, -in- the new healthcare law, here's something a little disturbing. All plans cover childcare, contraceptives, birth control. How long until the government decides its healthcare system has a vested financial interest in people controlling behaviors that cause them to need undue amounts of maternity-related care and products? Congrats, Dems, you've just invited Uncle Sam into your bedroom. LOL

You stupid fuckers sold us out, lock stock and barrel.

Who are you talking about? Heritage? They drew up the blueprint for the law. Yes, I said law. :cool:

Heritage. Democrats. Obama. Corporatist tools every one. Buncha fucking whores.

you're right about that. BOTH parties have a hand in the cookie jar for everything that takes place in Washington. I just trust the Republicans less for good reason. They run on a platform of "the gov't doesn't work" then, when elected, :up: they prove it.

you're right about that. BOTH parties have a hand in the cookie jar for everything that takes place in Washington. I just trust the Republicans less for good reason. They run on a platform of "the gov't doesn't work" then, when elected, :up: they prove it.
Then Dot Com steals from P.J. O'Rourke. :thup:

Obama's helped that out a great deal too.

Move to Israel.

I served this great nation, forward-deployed on active-duty in the late 1980's so I think I'm entitled to stay here. :eusa_whistle: I'm a Progressive (problem solver) not a status quo sheeple wanting to keep things the way they are (not saying you are although you might be) even though 60% of bankruptcies were due to medical bills AND many of those people had insurance. Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies
Story Highlights
Study: More than 60 percent of bankruptcies are linked to medical bills
Three-quarters of people with a medically-related bankruptcy had health insurance
Researcher: "You're one illness away from financial ruin in this country"
Situation likely to worsen: study was done a year before recession

Repubs had complete control for 6 yrs and only tinkered around the edges. IOW's- they rearranged the chairs. Not good enough for the citizens of this great nation.

Last edited:
I wonder how Paul feels about Obama telling a long list of lies to get this passed.

I am sure he'd say "What lies ?".

When the guy leaves he world of economics, he's nothing but a low level hack.

Move to Israel.

I served this great nation, forward-deployed on active-duty in the late 1980's so I think I'm entitled to stay here. :eusa_whistle: I'm a Progressive (problem solver) not a status quo sheeple wanting to keep things the way they are (not saying you are although you might be) even though 60% of bankruptcies were due to medical bills AND many of those people had insurance. Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies
Story Highlights
Study: More than 60 percent of bankruptcies are linked to medical bills
Three-quarters of people with a medically-related bankruptcy had health insurance
Researcher: "You're one illness away from financial ruin in this country"
Situation likely to worsen: study was done a year before recession

Repubs had complete control for 6 yrs and only tinkered around the edges. IOW's- they rearranged the chairs. Not good enough for the citizens of this great nation.

So you passed the law after getting a majority (because of the war) and they took that majority away from you...in a big way.

Can you be any more stupid ?

Unacceptable Realities

And like Israel, would you also support and partake in the mandatory draft into the military? Men serve three years and women two to three years.

The population of Israel is < 9 million.

USA population: > 317 million. Not counting illegal immigrants.

Even the unemployed have to pay for their health insurance.
No Medicaid in Israel!

I was for conscription during Iraq (second longest war in American history after Afghanistan?). I did 4 yrs active duty in the 80's. I don't regret it.

The major problem with a draft is the military gets a lot of people that don't want to be there and can and do really screw it up for those that do.

Forum List

Back