Pastor James McGreevey ?

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Its't the gall of this creep something to watch? He will get nice puff pieces in the liberal media trying to tug at peoples sympathy

McGreevey to Enter Episcopal Seminary

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The nation's first openly gay governor has become an Episcopalian and been accepted into a seminary, according to a published report.

Former Gov. James E. McGreevey, who was raised as a Roman Catholic, was officially received into the Episcopal religion on Sunday at St. Bartholomew's Church in New York, said the Rev. Kevin Bean, vicar at the church.

McGreevey has entered the church's "discernment" phase, which usually precedes seminary work, Bean told The Star-Ledger of Newark in a report posted Wednesday on its Web site.

It's unclear whether McGreevey hopes to become a priest. He did not return several messages left Wednesday by The Associated Press.

McGreevey, 49, shocked the nation in August 2004 by proclaiming himself "a gay American" who had an extramarital affair with a male aide, and said he would resign that November. The aide denies having an affair and claims he was sexually harassed by the former governor.

McGreevey has been accepted to study at the General Theological Seminary in New York, the oldest in the Episcopal Church, school spokesman Bruce Parker said Wednesday. Parker did not know whether the former governor wants to become a priest.

For the full article

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/05/02/national/a141343D82.DTL

Moving this to religion. I find the situation amusing considering the issues with the catholic church and sexual misconduct with priests. So now McGreevey is going to become an Espicopal priest? I dont think he could do it. Its not easy to reform sexual deviancy over night. It takes alot of fasting and prayer. And this man is clearly struggling with sexual deviancy problems (And not simply because he is gay, but because of his promiscuis and risky lifestyle).

Good luck to him, but then he needs it.

Mc Greevey is like a toothache that won't go away

Where are the glowing coverage for his ex wife and children?

Maybe if she would "come out" we would see them

GMA’s Sawyer to McGreevey Wife: Doesn’t Anyone Feel Sorry for Him?
Posted by Scott Whitlock on May 3, 2007 - 15:03.
For two straight days, "Good Morning America" featured interviews with Dina Matos-McGreevey, the ex-wife of former New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey. For both segments, co-host Diane Sawyer peppered Mrs. McGreevey with questions about homophobia and whether people should feel sorry for her former, now publically gay, spouse.

During Wednesday’s interview, Sawyer mentioned a subject that arose in custody hearings for the couple’s children. Apparently Jim McGreevey, who resigned after his homosexual affairs and hiring of grossly unqualified individuals became public, kept a rather large photograph of a naked man in his apartment where the children could see, much to the horror of his ex-wife. Sawyer prefaced this by discussion by calling the issue one where people "will come down, maybe, on two sides of it." She also wondered if homophobia could be a reason the governor’s wife reacted so negatively:

http://newsbusters.org/node/12501

I'm sorry! But I just see this as an action that Mcgreevey's publicist suggested he do to recover what is left of his reputation....or something like this.... :(

It is not that I do not believe that God could strike someone down and change their ways as He did to Saul/Paul on the way to Damascas, but the world of deceit that we live in today makes me be skeptical of this man's moves towards righteousness or repenting.

And may God forgive me if this man's desire is to change his permiscuous life and I am judging him....

care

I think it is really profoundly hypocritical for a professed heathen such as RSR to ridicule the religious journey of someone else for political points.

I think it is really profoundly hypocritical for a professed heathen such as RSR to ridicule the religious journey of someone else for political points.

But Maineman, we do it all the time ourselves...

Ted Haggard...
foley....

This deputy secretary Of Condi's that had to quit because of his relation to the DC prostitution ring....

We bring those issues up because the Republicans in general, proclaimed to be the holier than thou party and proclaimed all Democrats to be heathens, so whenever a republican falters, the Dems always point it out for political purposes....

I have even found myself doing this, even if it is truely wrong.

Care

But Maineman, we do it all the time ourselves...

Ted Haggard...
foley....

This deputy secretary Of Condi's that had to quit because of his relation to the DC prostitution ring....

We bring those issues up because the Republicans in general, proclaimed to be the holier than thou party and proclaimed all Democrats to be heathens, so whenever a republican falters, the Dems always point it out for political purposes....

I have even found myself doing this, even if it is truely wrong.

Care

we do not do the "same thing" for the simple reason that we are not professed heathens.... we might not be living our faith as well as we might by pointing out the hypocrisy of the right instead of merely silently forgiving it, but we are not in the same boat as RSR.

we do not do the "same thing" for the simple reason that we are not professed heathens.... we might not be living our faith as well as we might by pointing out the hypocrisy of the right instead of merely silently forgiving it, but we are not in the same boat as RSR.

I see what you mean!

Rubbish, the religious left are constantly trying to tell the other side how evil they are because they don't vote for more government handouts and quoting the bible.

Your side has professed to be "better" than the other side as "christians". You do the same thing. You just don't see it because you are steeped in it.

Rubbish, the religious left are constantly trying to tell the other side how evil they are because they don't vote for more government handouts and quoting the bible.

Your side has professed to be "better" than the other side as "christians". You do the same thing. You just don't see it because you are steeped in it.

If you could find a quote from any one of my posts on any one of three messages boards that we share together that would indicate my belief that the religious right is EVIL because they don't vote for more government handouts and they quote the bible, I would suggest you go back and dig that up or shut your piehole.

In this case, RSR is a hypocrite, and I called him on it sometime midafternoon on Easter Sunday when I logged on to see that he had been ranting in his typical LIBS are EVIL...Libs ruin holidays for everyone bull shit ...and he had been doing in nonstop since about 5AM on the morning when most good Christians spend time celebrating the resurrection of our risen Lord.

He makes me sick and those on the right whose kneejerk reaction is to rush to his defense aren't really good for my appetite either.

If you could find a quote from any one of my posts on any one of three messages boards that we share together that would indicate my belief that the religious right is EVIL because they don't vote for more government handouts and they quote the bible, I would suggest you go back and dig that up or shut your piehole.

In this case, RSR is a hypocrite, and I called him on it sometime midafternoon on Easter Sunday when I logged on to see that he had been ranting in his typical LIBS are EVIL...Libs ruin holidays for everyone bull shit ...and he had been doing in nonstop since about 5AM on the morning when most good Christians spend time celebrating the resurrection of our risen Lord.

He makes me sick and those on the right whose kneejerk reaction is to rush to his defense aren't really good for my appetite either.

LOL. *** WOOT WOOT WOOT!!! STRAWMAN ALERT! WOOT WOOT WOOT! ****

I spoke to your general comment about "liberals don't do this" and answered it with the liberal left mantra.

However, in this case you are doing it on a personal basis. Pointing out how "evil" another is because they are a hypocrite for "judging" others is a laughably funny example of an ironically hypocritical statement. Hence my "steeped" in it remark.

You mean you never took part in the "Jesus is a Liberal" threads?

I'm not speaking of RSR or you in particular, other than my remark on how steeped in partisan protectionist blinders, I am speaking of the religious left as a whole. You spoke of all liberals as a whole saying, "we don't do this" but I pointed out that they have and how they have. Attempting to distract from the larger point because you feel personally insulted by my pointing out your hypocrisy of pointing out another's hypocrisy of "judging" people....

And I am not going to his defense, I am going on the offensive. I didn't bring up RSR at all.

woot woot bullshit alert.

my reply was specifically in response to care4all...another devout Christian..... When I said "we" in response to "her", oddly enough, I was referred to the two of us, and not to liberals in general whatsoever.

woot woot bullshit alert.

my reply was specifically in response to care4all...another devout Christian..... When I said "we" in response to "her", oddly enough, I was referred to the two of us, and not to liberals in general whatsoever.

Hmmm... what is it that Cypress said? Using pronouns like that can be taken differently than intended.

I've re-read it and I stand by the reason for my original interpretation. Her remark was in the general about how "we" do it as a party, your remark was in answer to that saying that "we" don't and here is why.

"we" in the context of both posts seems to be more than the two of you. Of course, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here due to our long-running friendship. However, I'm willing to bet you can see why I thought so.

I absolutely can understand how you came to that conclusion....

I can honestly say that my response to her, especially when you consider the part where I said that "we are not professed heathens" - and clearly there are a number of liberal democrats who ARE professed heathens - used the limited interpretation of the pronoun.

Moving this to religion. I find the situation amusing considering the issues with the catholic church and sexual misconduct with priests. So now McGreevey is going to become an Espicopal priest? I dont think he could do it. Its not easy to reform sexual deviancy over night. It takes alot of fasting and prayer. And this man is clearly struggling with sexual deviancy problems (And not simply because he is gay, but because of his promiscuis and risky lifestyle).

Good luck to him, but then he needs it.

I thought the Episcopalian church were tolerant of McGreevey and his lifestyle. He'd be able to be openly gay there.

I thought the Episcopalian church were tolerant of McGreevey and his lifestyle. He'd be able to be openly gay there.

They are, and he will.

Who ever heard of a Church of England (your Fistimpalingon) vicar who didn't lisp, wiggle, and giggle like a sheila!

These poor man's Catholics are, like the papist catamite pluggers that spawned them, as camp as a row of tents. :rofl:

Translation - Jim is a fellow lib so lets attack RSR for posting the truth about how the liberal media is siding with him and ignoring the big mouth wife

Libs only use Religion with it fits their political aganda

i.e. Sharpton and Jackson

Now a gay lib is getting glowing coverage and MM does not like to see the liberal medias slanted coverage

Forum List

Back