Passover to Exodus, let the story be told

:laughing0301:
I have no contempt. They haven’t had my experiences and haven’t made the same covenants as I have with God. You like to twist and spin things because you know I’m right.
Oh, yeah…..a Jew speaking to another Jew who has rejected our religion “knows” that he’s right to have abandoned Judaism.

The text speaks of what God will DO. No where does it say anything about guidance. Strike one.

The verse says nothing about the prophet telling people anything or any intermediary "apostles" Strike 2.

Greek is useless and if you read the Hebrew and understood the specific references in the verse you might have a better understanding of exactly what this verse speaks of. Strike 3.
When has God not spoken to prophets concerning guidance? What, God wanted to talk to Prophets about an upcoming Superbowl? Good grief. God gave you that brain to think with and you just are wasting it away. Strike 3! I am praying for you.

Oh, yeah…..a Jew speaking to another Jew who has rejected our religion “knows” that he’s right to have abandoned Judaism.
I haven't abandoned anything. I've accepted much more. You are still living back 3300 years ago and haven't received the higher laws that Moses originally came down with. He knew the people could not live the higher laws so he went back and God gave them a second set of tablets with the Ten Commandments. The Lord fulfilled His prophecy to come to the earth, atone for our sins and bring the new and everlasting covenants of marriage and exaltation. But, during His time on earth, the people as a whole weren't ready for all of it. So, he gave some of it and told his apostles not to tell about everything because they weren't ready. But, now in the last days, the Lord has given us the fulness of the Gospel and the ordinances to bring to pass the immortality and eternal exaltation life of mankind through His servants, the Prophets starting with Joseph Smith. So, I haven't given up anything. I've added to it. I will pray for you too.

When has God not spoken to prophets concerning guidance? What, God wanted to talk to Prophets about an upcoming Superbowl? Good grief. God gave you that brain to think with and you just are wasting it away. Strike 3! I am praying for you.
That's a strange question. When God first spoke to Moses, it was to introduce himself. When God spoke to Abraham it was to tell him he would have a child. What does that have to do with "guidance"? The text does not say what you want to claim it does. Deal with it.

The good news is that the Lord has opened up communications again for these the last days. If you want to go blind into the the final days, that's your choice and problem. Again, the definition of Apostles is they are prophets, seers and revelators. Are you saying John the Revelator was no prophet? :laughing0301:

You think Revelation is prophecy?

That's a strange question. When God first spoke to Moses, it was to introduce himself. When God spoke to Abraham it was to tell him he would have a child. What does that have to do with "guidance"? The text does not say what you want to claim it does. Deal with it.
Well, we ended up with Ten Commandments. So, it was more than to introduce Himself. And, with Abraham, he told him a lot more over the years. His messiah would come through his line. That includes the laws and commandments. He obviously taught commandments to Abraham since Abraham tried to talk the Lord out of destroying Sodom and Gomorrah because of their sins.
I’m glad that God has revealed more today about the past and present. I pray for you to know what I know.

Well, we ended up with Ten Commandments.
We ended up a lot more than that but that doesn't change the fact that when that first conversation happened, it wasn't to do what you claim.
And, with Abraham, he told him a lot more over the years.
Yes, but that wasn't your claim. You asked "When has God not spoken to prophets concerning guidance?" I showed situations in which there was no guidance.

How is that a question? There are opinions about who Daniel was and when he lived. He is not accounted among the prophets in Judaism though and there are a number of potential reasons for this. If you believe he was alive in 164 BCE then this would still be included in the reasong -- because the era of propecy had ended already. The image I presented posits that he was alive significantly earlier than that and his status as "not a prophet" is due to other factors.

We ended up a lot more than that but that doesn't change the fact that when that first conversation happened, it wasn't to do what you claim.

Yes, but that wasn't your claim. You asked "When has God not spoken to prophets concerning guidance?" I showed situations in which there was no guidance.
How do you know. Were you there? If he came down with the tablets there after 40 days there was a lot more conversations. Good grief!

How do you know. Were you there? If he came down with the tablets there after 40 days there was a lot more conversations. Good grief!
I am relying on what the text says. You quoted Amos (IIRC) and drew conclusions from it, but none of what you read into it was in the text. If you want to rely on your fanciful interpretation and your personal sensibilities then you can claim whatever you want and support it by some invention regarding how you interpolate your own ideas into the text.

Forum List

Back