Partisan Talking points

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
The Big Easy
Virtually every thread on this message board is nothing but talking points from one side or the other. Is no one interested in the truth? Are we so divided that neither side cares about what really happened? Is party all that matters?

This country was not always this way. We were once one country with common goals and common interests.

If this divide persists, the USA will fall. Does anyone want that? Sadly, I think some do.

Comments welcome

You know, I was thinking along this lines today driving home from the store. I do not watch TV news, the last time I did was election night. I do though listen to a lot of radio both the local Conservative talk radio channel and NPR as well as lots of PodCast.

Today on the radio was the local Trump cheerleader and he made the comment "anyone that is objective and honest...". I thought, both sides say this exact same thing and yet come to opposite conclusions. Then I started to wonder, do these people believe they are actually open minded and objective or is it just part of the act.

The division we now see is not an accident, it is by design from both sides (if there is really two sides). The old saying United we stand, divided we fall is 100% true and a divided people are much easier to control.

Virtually every thread on this message board is nothing but talking points from one side or the other. Is no one interested in the truth? Are we so divided that neither side cares about what really happened? Is party all that matters?

This country was not always this way. We were once one country with common goals and common interests.

If this divide persists, the USA will fall. Does anyone want that? Sadly, I think some do.

Comments welcome
Is no one interested in the truth?
Only facts that support their partisan agenda, not the whole truth. Contrary facts are to be ignored and/or distorted and/or avoided.

Are we so divided that neither side cares about what really happened?

Yes.

Is party all that matters?
Yes.

Correct. We're now a divided collection of tribal, hypersensitive narcissists. The Division Pimps on both ends have done their job well, the sheep are complying.

If this divide persists, the USA will fall. Does anyone want that?

Yes, some have made their opinion of this country clear.

Last edited:
You know, I was thinking along this lines today driving home from the store. I do not watch TV news, the last time I did was election night. I do though listen to a lot of radio both the local Conservative talk radio channel and NPR as well as lots of PodCast.

Today on the radio was the local Trump cheerleader and he made the comment "anyone that is objective and honest...". I thought, both sides say this exact same thing and yet come to opposite conclusions. Then I started to wonder, do these people believe they are actually open minded and objective or is it just part of the act.

The division we now see is not an accident, it is by design from both sides (if there is really two sides). The old saying United we stand, divided we fall is 100% true and a divided people are much easier to control.

Good points. But dividing nations is one of the primary strategies of leftists throughout history. Get the people mad at the government, the landowners, the military, and each other. Hitler did it, Mao did it, Henry the VIII did it, Louis IXV did it, Divide and conquer. But who exactly is trying to bring the US down so it can be conquered? and why?

Comments welcome
Only facts that support their partisan agenda, not the whole truth.

Yes.

Yes.

Correct. We're now a divided collection of hypersensitive narcissists. The Division Pimps on both ends have done their job well, the sheep are complying.

I think its more than the wingers. It seems to be the establishment in DC from both parties. The fatcats that have been getting rich at our expense. They are the ones most threatened when a president declares that he will drain the swamp.

Comments welcome

As I have said before, the Democrats have slipped so far off the American cracker that I doubt any commonality remains with which to approach compromise with them.

A common enemy might do it, but who knows.

Comments welcome

Yes.

Yes.

Correct. We're now a divided collection of hypersensitive narcissists. The Division Pimps on both ends have done their job well, the sheep are complying.

I think its more than the wingers. It seems to be the establishment in DC from both parties. The fatcats that have been getting rich at our expense. They are the ones most threatened when a president declares that he will drain the swamp.
The street-level wingers are merely the naive foot soldiers, sure. The people pulling the strings are a different animal.

Good points. But dividing nations is one of the primary strategies of leftists throughout history. Get the people mad at the government, the landowners, the military, and each other. Hitler did it, Mao did it, Henry the VIII did it, Louis IXV did it, Divide and conquer. But who exactly is trying to bring the US down so it can be conquered? and why?

It is not about being conquered, it is about control. America is good for the world, we provide the military muscle and the wanton materialism that drives much of the world's economy. But to keep doing that they need to keep the populus fat, dumb and happy. If we were not fighting each other so much we might see behind the curtain. That cannot be allowed to happen

Comments welcome

As I have said before, the Democrats have slipped so far off the American cracker that I doubt any commonality remains with which to approach compromise with them.

yes, there are factions on the left, and a few on the right, that are determined to do away with American culture, values, language, history, and constitution.

The question is: what better system do they want to replace it with?

Comments welcome

The Republicans are just as far off the other side. By thinking it is just one party or the other you are playing right into their hands. Move past the partisan BS.

Comments welcome

Yes.

Yes.

The street-level wingers are merely the naive foot soldiers, sure. The people pulling the strings are a different animal.

how do we rid the country of the string pullers?

Hitler....Jews...Not a leftist...

Comments welcome

The Republicans are just as far off the other side. By thinking it is just one party or the other you are playing right into their hands. Move past the partisan BS.

some are, but I think its obvious that the far left is much larger than the far right. That's not a partisan comment, just an informed observation.

The right wing nuts have been programmed to think that the Nazi's were "leftist"! :cheers2:

Comments welcome

some are, but I think its obvious that the far left is much larger than the far right. That's not a partisan comment, just an informed observation.

Perhaps you just do not spend enough time in the right places to see the far right in action. Or you are far enough right that they do not seem that "far right" to you.

Hitler wanted to do away with all religion, the Jews were just his favorite target. Removing religion is a leftist tactic. The people cannot put anything above the state.

Comments welcome

I agree with Redfish.
Many from both ideologies are letting conjecture and guesses, dictate what is driving them.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm waiting for the final outcome. There is still so much, that is not known.

Comments welcome

Yes.

Yes.

Get money out of politics with publicly-funded elections. Put short, strict term limits in place so that the politicians aren't beholden to anyone.

Both ideas have their weaknesses, granted. But this will only get worse.

Comments welcome

yes, there are factions on the left, and a few on the right, that are determined to do away with American culture, values, language, history, and constitution.

The question is: what better system do they want to replace it with?

As with all such conflicts, one side must win.

Comments welcome

Yes.

Yes.

I cannot say. Really. :laugh:

Forum List

Back