Paris Votes To Sue fox news

Can a non-US entity sue an American business for defaming their reputation? If so we have problems since we trash the arabs rather a lot. :)

Can a non-US entity sue an American business for defaming their reputation? If so we have problems since we trash the arabs rather a lot. :)
I don't know...maybe they are suing in France and if they win, the French authorities can confiscate all FOX assets there? It could be fun to watch.

That might work. In France. But I can't imagine foreign countries can sue others for talking crap about them, that wouldn't be viable or sustainable. Think DPRK's gonna come and sue the US for making it look bad next? :)

This should be fun considering there are no go zones in Paris. We call them ghettos over here.

Paris will lose.

:lol:

Only a moron would think there wasn't no go zones in Paris as there is most of Europe that's being raped by hordes of non Europeans being let in.

I was very happy to read that the city counsel in Paris has voted to sue fox news. I hope they win and take as much money from them as possible. Maybe then fox will learn that lying isn't free speech and defaming a city with lies is the wrong thing to do.

Paris votes to sue Fox News for damage to its reputation - Chicago Tribune

Good, its about time. They need to take News off their name, and just call it Fox.

"The decision by the City of Paris to bring legal proceedings against a United States news organization is antithetical to free speech," according to a statement provided by Fox News from lawyer Dori Ann Hanswirth of the Hogan Lovells law firm. "Fox News will invoke every protection afforded it under all applicable laws."

This is as bad as PM bibi telling Jews to come to Israel to be safe as if Israel is safer, what a hoot.

I don't know...maybe they are suing in France and if they win, the French authorities can confiscate all FOX assets there? It could be fun to watch.

They are suing in France and I hope they win. I hope Paris takes as much money from fox as possible. Maybe they will learn that lying isn't free speech and that American laws and constitution don't apply outside America.

I was very happy to read that the city counsel in Paris has voted to sue fox news. I hope they win and take as much money from them as possible. Maybe then fox will learn that lying isn't free speech and defaming a city with lies is the wrong thing to do.

They are suing in France and I hope they win. I hope Paris takes as much money from fox as possible. Maybe they will learn that lying isn't free speech and that America laws and constitution don't apply outside America.

LOL

Heck, for a second there I thought the entire city of Paris, France voted to sue FoxNews. I guess that would have made it the world's largest GRAND JURY. Shit, it turned out to be only the city council. Disappointment.

There is no cause of action for slander against a municipality.

Then there's the little thing about truth being an absolute defense. The no go zones of Paris are well known and easily proved.

Paris votes to sue Fox News for damage to its reputation - Chicago Tribune

Good, its about time. They need to take News off their name, and just call it Fox.

"The decision by the City of Paris to bring legal proceedings against a United States news organization is antithetical to free speech," according to a statement provided by Fox News from lawyer Dori Ann Hanswirth of the Hogan Lovells law firm. "Fox News will invoke every protection afforded it under all applicable laws."

This is as bad as PM bibi telling Jews to come to Israel to be safe as if Israel is safer, what a hoot.

Oh piss off. By your logic we should pull NBC off the air for a truly heinous crime.

Purposefully editing George Zimmerman's 911 call to make him appear to be racially profiling Trayvon Martin.

3 senior staff members lost their jobs over this.

Good grief we could take off each and every network for fuck ups that they've made.

Think CBS and his bullshit campaign against GW with Rather's faked Killian documents . Definite forgeries.

Oh and we should wipe the New York Times off the face of the planet for lying about no one dying in the Ukraine at the hands of Stalin.

Pure propaganda and lies. Oh and NBC with the faked crashes that GM sued them over.

Do you want me to list more because I can run all day on this topic of media fuck ups?

There is no cause of action for slander against a municipality.

Then there's the little thing about truth being an absolute defense. The no go zones of Paris are well known and easily proved.

Absolutely. In 2011 there was a study done about the suburbs of the Republic aka no go zones. The one I bookmarked is in French called Banlieue de la République. Later today I'll see if I can find an English translation.

Forum List

Back