Paris Attacks Reaction: Condolences and Condemnation

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I offer my condolences to the people of France.

---

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on a visit to the United Kingdom, said he condemned "the barbaric terrorist attacks in Paris in the strongest terms."

"More than a hundred people lost their lives while they were doing what they loved, or spending time with their loved ones," Modi said in a statement. "We feel the shock, pain and outrage of the people of France. India stands firmly with the great people of France in dealing with this tragedy. And we must stand together as humanity in combating the major global threat of our times and to uphold our values and our way of life."

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/11/14/world/europe/ap-eu-france-attacks-reaction.html?_r=0

---

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on a visit to the United Kingdom, said he condemned "the barbaric terrorist attacks in Paris in the strongest terms."

"More than a hundred people lost their lives while they were doing what they loved, or spending time with their loved ones," Modi said in a statement. "We feel the shock, pain and outrage of the people of France. India stands firmly with the great people of France in dealing with this tragedy. And we must stand together as humanity in combating the major global threat of our times and to uphold our values and our way of life."

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/11/14/world/europe/ap-eu-france-attacks-reaction.html?_r=0

And the world, especially the US, won't do jack, France is on their own. Must not offend.

---

And the world, especially the US, won't do jack, France is on their own. Must not offend.

A Woman in the UK has refused to serve those of the Islamic faith in her beauty parlour and has been arrested for inciting racism, I wonder when the muslim hordes will be arrested for their inciting of racism. I also wonder when the BDS movement will be arrested for their refusal to allow people to buy from Jewish shops.

---

A Woman in the UK has refused to serve those of the Islamic faith in her beauty parlour and has been arrested for inciting racism, I wonder when the muslim hordes will be arrested for their inciting of racism. I also wonder when the BDS movement will be arrested for their refusal to allow people to buy from Jewish shops.

How does one do hair with a burka on? Isn't it kinda funny how the left wing made fun of Romney's "magic underwear" yet burkas they have no problem?

Unlike the response in January after attacks at the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo and elsewhere left 17 dead, there were no grand public appeals for solidarity with Muslims after the Friday attacks that left 129 dead in Paris. There were no marches, few pleas not to confuse practitioners of Islam with those who preach jihad.

Instead, there was a palpable fear, even anger, as President Francois Hollande asked Parliament to extend a state of emergency and called for changing the constitution to deal with terrorism. It was largely unspoken but nevertheless clear: Secular France had always had a complicated relationship with its Muslim community, but now it was tipping toward outright distrust, even hostility.

After Paris attacks, a darker mood towards Islam emerges in France - Times of India

Unlike the response in January after attacks at the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo and elsewhere left 17 dead, there were no grand public appeals for solidarity with Muslims after the Friday attacks that left 129 dead in Paris. There were no marches, few pleas not to confuse practitioners of Islam with those who preach jihad.

Instead, there was a palpable fear, even anger, as President Francois Hollande asked Parliament to extend a state of emergency and called for changing the constitution to deal with terrorism. It was largely unspoken but nevertheless clear: Secular France had always had a complicated relationship with its Muslim community, but now it was tipping toward outright distrust, even hostility.

After Paris attacks, a darker mood towards Islam emerges in France - Times of India

And it could have come too late to stop the tide, we will have to wait and see ?

On Saturday night, France witnessed the worst terror attack in its history, when about 129 people were killed and more than 350 injured.

Many wondered how this could happen in France, a nation which first spoke of equality for all citizens before the law.

The fact is that such attacks happen precisely because France, like India, strongly pursues this ideal, which is antithesis to the idea of jihad pursued by many still stuck in the medieval-era mindset.

France was attacked because values equality
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

UK archbishop shares doubts over God after Paris attacks

LONDON: The archbishop of Canterbury, one of Britain's most senior clergymen, has spoken of his "doubts" over the presence of God after the terror attacks in Paris.

Justin Welby told the BBC's "Songs Of Praise" show the killings had put a "chink in his armour".

"Saturday morning, I was out and as I was walking I was praying and saying,'God, why — why is this happening? Where are you in all this?' and then engaging and talking to God. Yes, I doubt," the archbishop said.

He said the shock he felt over the incident was "added to because my wife and I lived in Paris for five years."

UK archbishop shares doubts over God after Paris attacks - Times of India

PARIS: A subdued France paid homage Friday to those killed two weeks ago in the attacks that gripped Paris in fear and mourning, honoring each of the 130 dead by name as the president pledged to "destroy the army of fanatics'' who claimed so many young lives.

With each name and age read aloud inside the Invalides national monument, the toll gained new force. Most, as French President Francois Hollande noted, were younger than 35, killed while enjoying a mild Friday night of music, food, drinks or sports. The youngest was 17. The oldest, 68.

Meanwhile, in Belgium, authorities charged a man with ``terrorist attacks'' as investigators worked to hone in on culprits. The federal prosecutor's office said the man was arrested a day earlier in Brussels and was ``charged with terrorist attacks and taking part in the activities of a terrorist group.'' He was not identified and it was not immediately clear if he was one of two fugitives authorities have been seeking.

France's somber homage to the victims bespoke the horrors of November 13.

Throughout Paris, French flags fluttered in windows and on buses in uncharacteristic displays of patriotism in response to Paris' second deadly terror attack this year. But the mood was grim, and the locked-down ceremony at the Invalides national monument lacked the defiance of January, when a million people poured through the streets to honor those killed by Islamic extremist gunmen.

Hollande, who in January locked arms with world leaders in a show of global unity against terrorism, sat alone in a hard-backed chair in the cavernous Invalides courtyard, the assembled mourners behind him as victims' names were recited. France's military provided the only images of Friday's ceremony, and no one without an invitation was permitted inside.

The night of November 13, three teams of suicide bombers and gunmen struck across Paris, beginning at the national stadium _ where Hollande was among the spectators — and ending in the storming of the Bataclan concert venue. In all, 130 people died and hundreds were injured. The crowd at the stadium shakily sang France's national anthem as they filed outside that night; a military band played the Marseillaise again on Friday, lingering slightly on the refrain: "Aux armes, citoyens!''

The courtyard went silent after the reading of the names finished, broken finally by a mournful cello. Hollande stared straight ahead, before finally rising to speak.

"To all of you, I solemnly promise that France will do everything to destroy the army of fanatics who committed these crimes,'' Hollande said.
The speech was dedicated above all to the dead and France's young.

"The ordeal has scarred us all, but it will make us stronger. I have confidence in the generation to come. Generations before have also had their identity forged in the flower of youth. The attack of Nov. 13 will remain in the memory of today's youth as a terrible initiation in the hardness of the world. But also as an invitation to combat it by creating a new commitment,'' he said.

Hollande noted that many of the dead, especially those at the Eagles of Death Metal show at the Bataclan, had careers in music — a music he said the attackers found intolerable.

"It was this harmony that they wanted to break, shatter. It was this joy that they wanted to bury with the blast of their bombs. Well, they will not stop it. We will multiply the songs, the concerts, the shows. We will keep going to the stadiums, and especially our beloved national stadium in Saint-Denis. We will participate in sports gatherings great and small,'' Hollande said.

"And we will commune in the best of emotions, without being troubled by our differences, our origins, our colors, our convictions, our beliefs, our religions. Because we are a single and unified nation, with the same values.''

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-subdued-by-mourning/articleshow/49955833.cms

Granny says, "Dat's right - don't mess with the Frenchies, dey's our buddies...

Islamic State commander linked to Paris attack killed in U.S. airstrike
Dec. 29, 2015 -- Islamic State commander Charaffe al-Mouadan -- believed to have communicated with the suspected mastermind behind the Nov. 13 Paris attacks -- was killed by a U.S.-led coalition airstrike.
Mouadan was killed on Dec. 24 in Syria, coalition forces announced Tuesday, BBC News reported. U.S. Army Colonel Steve Warren said U.S. coalition airstrikes have killed 10 IS commanders in Iraq and Syria in the past month. Authorities suspect he had direct contact with Abdelhamid Abaaoud, who is accused of leading the attacks in Paris that killed at least 130 people. Abaaoud was killed in a police raid in the Parisian suburb of Saint-Denis last month. Abdul Qader Hakim, another militant suspected of having connections with the Paris attackers, was killed two days later in Mosul, Iraq.

Islamic-State-commander-linked-to-Paris-attack-killed-in-US-airstrike.jpg

Islamic State commander Charaffe al Mouadan -- believed to have communicated with the suspected mastermind behind the Nov. 13 Paris attacks -- was killed by a U.S.-led coalition airstrike. Authorities suspect he had direct contact with Abdelhamid Abaaoud, who is accused of leading the attacks in Paris that killed at least 130 people. Abaaoud was killed in a police raid in the Parisian suburb of Saint-Denis last month.​

Warren said the U.S. military will continue to fight against threats by the Islamic State, also known as ISIS, Daesh and ISIL. "Over the past month we've killed 10 ISIL leadership figures with targeted air strikes, including several external attack planners, some of whom are linked to the Paris attacks," Warren said. "Others had designs on further attacking the West. As long as ISIL external attack planners are operating, the U.S. military will hunt them and kill them."

Islamic State commander linked to Paris attack killed in U.S. airstrike[/

See also:

US Military: IS Leader Linked to Paris Attacks Killed in Syria
December 29, 2015 - Charaffe al-Mouadan, killed December 24 in a coalition airstrike, was said to be 'actively planning additional attacks against the West'
The U.S. military says an Islamic State (IS) leader with direct links to the alleged ringleader of last month's terrorist attacks in Paris was killed in a coalition airstrike in Syria. A coalition spokesman, Colonel Steve Warren, said in a news briefing Tuesday that Charaffe al-Mouadan was killed last week on December 24. He said Mouadan had ties to Abdelhamid Abaaoud, believed to be the leader of the cell that coordinated the Paris attacks, which left at least 130 people dead. Abaaoud was killed in a police raid a few days after the on November 13 Paris attacks.

B9EAC2E5-8DAB-4C91-A227-2DE0C62A1F95_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy46_cw0.jpg

Charaffe al Mouadan, an Islamic State group leader with "direct" links to the alleged ringleader of the Paris attacks was killed in an air strike in Syria as he was plotting additional attacks, the Pentagon said​

Warren said Mouadan was "actively planning additional attacks against the West," but did not specify if he was targeting the U.S. or Europe or both. Warren noted that Mouadan was among a total of 10 Islamic State "leadership figures" who have been killed in coalition airstrikes in the past month. They include another IS figure who had "links" to the Paris terror network and a Bangladeshi man educated in Britain who was allegedly a hacker for Islamic State. "As long as ISIL (IS) external attack planners are operating, the U.S. military will hunt them and kill them," he said.

C8629FFF-8819-4EF1-99A9-5F0B112D82BA_w640_h360.jpg

In another development in Syria, a U.S.-backed alliance of Kurdish and Arab rebels seized a key dam on the Euphrates River from Islamic State fighters, Warren confirmed. He said the Syrian Democratic Forces ((SDF)) captured the Tishreen Dam late Saturday after intense clashes with IS. The dam, held by Islamic State since last year, helps generate electricity for large parts of northern Aleppo province. Aleppo is part of a key IS logistics route. Meanwhile, the United States said the recent killing of a top Syrian rebel leader complicates efforts to bring a cease-fire and political resolution to the country’s nearly five-year conflict.

BAD106BE-5799-41CC-A244-9A892B2361AB_w640_s.jpg

An undated photograph of a man described as Abdelhamid Abaaoud that was published in the Islamic State's online magazine Dabiq and posted on a social media website.​

Zahran Alloush, the head of a group called Jaysh al Islam, died in an airstrike Friday that was claimed by Syrian government forces. On Monday, U.S. State Department spokesman Mark Toner said the United States has some concerns about Jaysh al Islam’s actions in Syria, but that it participated in a conference of rebel groups, supported a political process and fought against the Islamic State group. “I think we would agree that it doesn’t send the most constructive message to carry out a strike like that,” Toner said. “And as I said, it complicates those efforts. It is our hope that these strikes don’t reverse any progress that we’ve made.”

US Military: IS Leader Linked to Paris Attacks Killed in Syria

Forum List

Back