Parents Overdose in baby's hospital room.

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
OMG! OMG! These people will never be civilized. OMG! This time they have sunk to a new LOW!
Just look at the mess they made of Detroit. They destroy things every where they go and now this... I guess Shoot speeders and Meathead were right all along....

OMG! WAIT>>>>>>>

Quick halt the presses.........

OMG! THEY ARE NOT BLACK, they are WHITE:

48409294.cached.jpg

A woman died and a man was hospitalized after the two parents overdosed on heroin in their 7-month-old baby’s hospital room in Cincinnati. Newtown Police Chief Tom Synan, who heads up the Hamilton County Heroin Task Force, told reporters, “I think it’s an amazing example of how it’s not the person anymore, it’s not the people. It’s an addiction. This was heroin.” The father, Wesley Landers, is now charged with drug possession and carrying a concealed weapon.

Shame it's not 2 less losers in the world. Oh well, maybe he'll get it right next time.

If heroin was the parents' best friend, then that baby dodged a bullet.

God bless you and the baby always!!!

Holly
This is a tragedy. The only thing good about this case is that the baby will have a chance to grow up and be raised by someone who really wants a child.

This story uncovers something else that no one seems to want to talk about. He had a concealed gun. An additional charge of carrying with a disability was added due to a previous conviction. So,where did he get the gun?

The link doesn't address that pertinent information. However, the report does heighten public awareness that Heroin use is becoming pandemic and now reaches deeper into White neighborhoods. Perhaps, with these revelations, it is clear the "War on Drugs" has been lost. New strategies have to be considered.
I suggest the decriminalization of drug use. Those found using should be institutionalized and cleansed. Upon release by competent medical authority, the former addict would be required to report weekly to a halfway house for medical evaluation for at least one year.

For those trafficking in illicit drugs, the penalties should remain as they are.

Holly
This is a tragedy. The only thing good about this case is that the baby will have a chance to grow up and be raised by someone who really wants a child.

This story uncovers something else that no one seems to want to talk about. He had a concealed gun. An additional charge of carrying with a disability was added due to a previous conviction. So,where did he get the gun?

The link doesn't address that pertinent information. However, the report does heighten public awareness that Heroin use is becoming pandemic and now reaches deeper into White neighborhoods. Perhaps, with these revelations, it is clear the "War on Drugs" has been lost. New strategies have to be considered.
I suggest the decriminalization of drug use. Those found using should be institutionalized and cleansed. Upon release by competent medical authority, the former addict would be required to report weekly to a halfway house for medical evaluation for at least one year.

For those trafficking in illicit drugs, the penalties should remain as they are.

You honestly believe in this specific case the use of Heroin should be DEcriminalized??? Really??? Why? There'd be nothing to force these people into treatment. If you're over the age of majority, treatment compliance is completely voluntary. WTF is wrong with society?

Holly

You honestly believe in this specific case the use of Heroin should be DEcriminalized??? Really??? Why? There'd be nothing to force these people into treatment. If you're over the age of majority, treatment compliance is completely voluntary. WTF is wrong with society?
You didn't read my post correctly. If a user of of schedule I, II, or III controlled substances is arrested there should be a mandatory rehab program involving a mandatory stay in an institution designed for such purposes. An asylum, if you will, where druggies can be rehabbed under the watchful eyes of personnel trained in every aspect of rehabilitation. If the person adheres to the program satisfactorily, no criminal charges will ensue, although the facilities will be run like high security
internment camps.

OMG! OMG! These people will never be civilized. OMG! This time they have sunk to a new LOW!
Just look at the mess they made of Detroit. They destroy things every where they go and now this... I guess Shoot speeders and Meathead were right all along....

OMG! WAIT>>>>>>>

48409294.cached.jpg

A woman died and a man was hospitalized after the two parents overdosed on heroin in their 7-month-old baby’s hospital room in Cincinnati. Newtown Police Chief Tom Synan, who heads up the Hamilton County Heroin Task Force, told reporters, “I think it’s an amazing example of how it’s not the person anymore, it’s not the people. It’s an addiction. This was heroin.” The father, Wesley Landers, is now charged with drug possession and carrying a concealed weapon.

Looks like a couple of liberals leading the drug culture life bought the farm...

Holly

You didn't read my post correctly. If a user of of schedule I, II, or III controlled substances is arrested there should be a mandatory rehab program involving a mandatory stay in an institution designed for such purposes. An asylum, if you will, where druggies can be rehabbed under the watchful eyes of personnel trained in every aspect of rehabilitation. If the person adheres to the program satisfactorily, no criminal charges will ensue, although the facilities will be run like high security
internment camps.

Holly

internment camps.

Oh, I read your post correctly, all right! You did say you suggest decriminalization, did you not? Well, then? Duh!

OMG! WAIT>>>>>>>

48409294.cached.jpg

Looks like a couple of liberals leading the drug culture life bought the farm...

I do not see them as liberals OR conservatives. I see them as Americans who might have been helped if we had detected their plight and reached them before this happened.

OMG! WAIT>>>>>>>

48409294.cached.jpg

I do not see them as liberals OR conservatives. I see them as Americans who might have been helped if we had detected their plight and reached them before this happened.

These individuals lost the opportunity to be "reached" the moment they chose to get wasted in their baby's hospital room! WTF is wrong with these people? Not reachable, at all! Slime balls not worthy of being parents.

Holly

internment camps.

Holly

internment camps.

Oh, I read your post correctly, all right! You did say you suggest decriminalization, did you not? Well, then? Duh!

Yes, I said that. And the reasons for my suggestion ought to be clear. These people need help and that is where our resources earmarked for "the war on Drugs, need to be directed. But don't get me wrong. Drug trafficking is another ball game... Throw the book at those who sell and distribute...not the victims. Give them another chance after several years of brutal in you9r face rehab.

BTW, Can you say the strategies now in place are having any kind of effect.
The use of Heroin and other controlled substances is increasing almost 40 years after the War on Drugs was initiated. Any suggestions, other than "duh?"

OMG! WAIT>>>>>>>

48409294.cached.jpg

These individuals lost the opportunity to be "reached" the moment they chose to get wasted in their baby's hospital room! WTF is wrong with these people? Not reachable, at all! Slime balls not worthy of being parents.
As a Christian I could say the devil made them do it. Frankly, though, I think their ability to make choices was eroded by their addiction. I believe relatives or friends who do not share their addiction knew of their plight and did nothing. People just don't care about one another...I think you have just exemplified that,with your negative comments.

Holly

internment camps.

Holly

internment camps.

Yes, I said that. And the reasons for my suggestion ought to be clear. These people need help and that is where our resources earmarked for "the war on Drugs, need to be directed. But don't get me wrong. Drug trafficking is another ball game... Throw the book at those who sell and distribute...not the victims. Give them another chance after several years of brutal in you9r face rehab.

The use of Heroin and other controlled substances is increasing almost 40 years after the War on Drugs was initiated. Any suggestions, other than "duh?"

Yes!! No mercy treatment, throw the book at them, the punishment should fit the crime (in this case disregarding their infant), absolutely no get-out-of-jail passes. There are no real penalties any more which is why things have gotten out of hand. What they chose will affect the baby for life. They ought to get more for that than a trip to the rehab farm. I see no difference between the drug users and the drug sellers, both are equally depraved and should have heavy consequences rain down.

internment camps.

internment camps.

Yes!! No mercy treatment, throw the book at them, the punishment should fit the crime (in this case disregarding their infant), absolutely no get-out-of-jail passes. There are no real penalties any more which is why things have gotten out of hand. What they chose will affect the baby for life. They ought to get more for that than a trip to the rehab farm. I see no difference between the drug users and the drug sellers, both are equally depraved and should have heavy consequences rain down.
My , my. Yours is a case of blind obsession. There is no evidence that the child was neglected or abused. The very location of the "crime" indicates that somehow they had the capacity love their child. even the god of Heroin could not prevent them from bringing the child to a hospital for whatever reason.

OMG! WAIT>>>>>>>

48409294.cached.jpg

As a Christian I could say the devil made them do it. Frankly, though, I think their ability to make choices was eroded by their addiction. I believe relatives or friends who do not share their addiction knew of their plight and did nothing. People just don't care about one another...I think you have just exemplified that,with your negative comments.

internment camps.

internment camps.

internment camps.

internment camps.

internment camps.

internment camps.

OMG! WAIT>>>>>>>

48409294.cached.jpg

No, you're wrong, I do care about people, deeply, just not when they impact their infant this way. If they can't/don't look after him, someone has to. I'm quite certain the couple's family/friends didn't even know of their addiction. Dopers are real cagey about hiding it from family and employers. Don't try and implicate the family's "failure" to get them help. These were adults with responsibility for their infant, and they disregarded their parenting role. What I've already stated is the crux of why this sort of thing runs rampant. We need to stop placating people and get disciplinary in our response.

internment camps.
internment camps.

My , my. Yours is a case of blind obsession. There is no evidence that the child was neglected or abused. The very location of the "crime" indicates that somehow they had the capacity love their child. even the god of Heroin could not prevent them from bringing the child to a hospital for whatever reason.

There's no talking to you as you're a bleeding heart liberal even though you claim Christainity. Do you think for an instant they did NOT neglect their son. Come on! Dopers care only about their next fix, and would sell their grandmother to get it. Not buying your lame BS. You are what's wrong with our system.

OMG! WAIT>>>>>>>

48409294.cached.jpg

internment camps.
internment camps.

internment camps.
internment camps.

internment camps.
internment camps.

OMG! WAIT>>>>>>>

48409294.cached.jpg

No, you're wrong, I do care about people, deeply, just not when they impact their infant this way. If they can't/don't look after him, someone has to. I'm quite certain the couple's family/friends didn't even know of their addiction. Dopers are real cagey about hiding it from family and employers. Don't try and implicate the family's "failure" to get them help. These were adults with responsibility for their infant, and they disregarded their parenting role. What I've already stated is the crux of why this sort of thing runs rampant. We need to stop placating people and get disciplinary in our response.

I guess you didn't notice that the woman paid the ultimate price for her transgressions and the father was charged criminally. You must also notice nothing in the charges indicate child abuse or neglect. Your assumptions do not count.

Likely,the couple's addiction occurred long before the birth of their child; and,for seven months it seems they did what parents are supposed to do, regardless of demon heroin's influence.

Your
crux of why this sort of thing runs rampant is rather amusing. My suggestions are not the law of the land, they are only one person's suggestions. Your War on Drugs is still in effect...so...logically, it has failed in this case. Blame the war on Drugs for this failure. That is the real crux of why this sort of thing runs rampant and surreptitiously in so amy White communities. Most of the policing is done in Black and hispanic communities.

internment camps.
internment camps.

Yes, I said that. And the reasons for my suggestion ought to be clear. These people need help and that is where our resources earmarked for "the war on Drugs, need to be directed. But don't get me wrong. Drug trafficking is another ball game... Throw the book at those who sell and distribute...not the victims. Give them another chance after several years of brutal in your face rehab.

There's no talking to you as you're a bleeding heart liberal even though you claim Christainity. Do you think for an instant they did NOT neglect their son. Come on! Dopers care only about their next fix, and would sell their grandmother to get it. Not buying your lame BS. You are what's wrong with our system.

I suppose Christ was a "bleeding heart " liberal" otherwise he would never have died on the cross for all of our sins. That which you right wingers call "conservatism" is as Draconian as the restrictions exhibited and indoctrinated by the Taliban, ISIS or Al Queda. There is no human compassion for those who make mistakes and there is little tolerance for those who love true freedom.

JQPublic1's suggestion offers a possibility of redemption to these stories.

Spinster's is the classic, failed "throw the book" at them approach.

Forum List

Back