Parents of transgender teenager lose bid to stop mastectomy

what if its 30 days before they turn 18??
They can wait 30 days as far as I am concerned. I look at it like contract law under the Uniform Commercial Code. Until the age of 18 a contract can be void or voidable, as the individual has not reached the age of majority, where their name on the line becomes their bond. This is a reason, most banks want a consignor below 18 years of age if just entering into an auto loan. I see no reason it should be different for permanent decisions of this nature.

So they can buy a gun? Liquor?
you guts are pathetic,,
if you called me a child when I was 17 I would have kicked you ass,, waited a few hrs and then kicked your ass again just for the fun of it,,

by then I was paying my own way in life and worked for over ten yrs,,

They can wait 30 days as far as I am concerned. I look at it like contract law under the Uniform Commercial Code. Until the age of 18 a contract can be void or voidable, as the individual has not reached the age of majority, where their name on the line becomes their bond. This is a reason, most banks want a consignor below 18 years of age if just entering into an auto loan. I see no reason it should be different for permanent decisions of this nature.
but you just said it was a physical thing,, now youre saying its a lega; contract thing,, which is it??

but you just said it was a physical thing,, now youre saying its a lega; contract thing,, which is it??
Where did I say it was some kind of physical thing? I have always looked at as a legal thing. In this country, that is some expensive surgery, most likely more expensive than a good college education. I guess over there, it is all on the public dole, making the doctors wealthy.

Where did I say it was some kind of physical thing? I have always looked at as a legal thing. In this country, that is some expensive surgery, most likely more expensive than a good college education. I guess over there, it is all on the public dole, making the doctors wealthy.
so when you said it was a radical change you were talking about what exactly??

Well that's good, isn't it? Suppose a pre-teen child pageant participant identifies as an adult pageant participant and says she'll kill herself if she cannot get a boob job to compete with women already past puberty.

Why, a boob job would be life-saving, and anyone who opposes it hates kids!

I didn't know any of this until I began researching it, this morning!!!

Data from the Times article estimates there were 203 gender-affirming surgeries performed on minors in the year, at only eleven different clinics. In contrast, 3,200 girls ages 13 to 19 received cosmetic breast implants in 2020. Another 4,700 had breast reductions.

so when you said it was a radical change you were talking about what exactly??
Oh, that part was about the surgery itself. Kids should not have carte blanche to make those type decisions and take on that type of debt in procedures that cannot be undone and in this country would be difficult to finance at such a young age.

Oh, that part was about the surgery itself. Kids should not have carte blanche to make those type decisions and take on that type of debt in procedures that cannot be undone and in this country would be difficult to finance at such a young age.
a 17 yr old is not a kid/child,, more so when they are days away from 18,,

a 17 yr old is not a kid/child,, more so when they are days away from 18,,
Sure, they are a kid. They cannot even join the Army without a parent's signature. I hate to tell you this, but 17/18-year-olds, are often really stupid, have and use poor judgement, cannot even get car insurance at the same rate a adult. You want to see what 18-year-olds are like, you should visit a theater at a military reception center, before they have started training. It is an eye-opener.

Sure, they are a kid. They cannot even join the Army without a parent's signature. I hate to tell you this, but 17/18-year-olds, are often really stupid, have and use poor judgement, cannot even get car insurance at the same rate a adult. You want to see what 18-year-olds are like, you should visit a theater at a military reception center, before they have started training. It is an eye-opener.
youre speaking of legal issues,,

before you were speaking of physical issues,,

do try and stay on one topic so I can keep up,,

youre speaking of legal issues,,

before you were speaking of physical issues,,

do try and stay on one topic so I can keep up,,
Both apply. Which one is invalid in the state you live in. It is definitely not The UCC unless in Louisiana and they have mostly fallen in line also. If they can't wait 30 days, the are just displaying a lack of maturity, and the reason the laws are in place to protect everybody involved.

Both apply. Which one is invalid in the state you live in. It is definitely not The UCC unless in Louisiana and they have mostly fallen in line also. If they can't wait 30 days, the are just displaying a lack of maturity, and the reason the laws are in place to protect everybody involved.
sure both apply,, but you keep jumping back and forth,,

as the the physical issue she is 17 which is days away from 18,,

so as I said,, a parent can only do so much and at some point write them off as a loss

Parents of transgender teenager lose bid to stop mastectomy​

The parents of a non-binary 17-year-old have failed in their bid to prevent the teenager from having breast removal surgery after they were accused of believing that LGBTQ+ people were “evil and satanic”.

Parents of transgender teenager lose bid to stop mastectomy

If you don’t support the sexual mutilation of YOUR children, they will say you are ”evil and satanic”.
Do you scream when they get breast enlargement surgery?

Your 17 year old breaks something of mine, I legally sue YOU.
If the 17 year old kid kills someone, he's tried as an ADULT in most all cases.

If a 16 or 17 yr old decides to have sex, it's his or her legal decision to make....if the state age of consent aligns.

A 16 or 17 yr old at the age of consent can also drop out of high school, without parental consent.

But a 16 or 17 yr old can't legally be bound in a contract till 18....

Can't vote till 18.

Can't be drafted till 18.

In some states, the age of consent is 16 for sex, but 18 for marriage.

Nothing is consistent.... and that's my point.

If the 17 year old kid kills someone, he's tried as an ADULT in most all cases.

If a 16 or 17 yr old decides to have sex, it's his or her legal decision to make....if the state age of consent aligns.

A 16 or 17 yr old at the age of consent can also drop out of high school, without parental consent.

But a 17 yr old can't legally be bound in a contract till 18....

Can't vote till 18.

Can't be drafted till 18.

In some states, the age if consent is 16 for sex, but 18 for marriage.

Nothing is consistent.... and that's my point.
Topic is sexual mutilation of children.
And you love the idea.

Forum List

Back