..Parents hope photo of fatal text serves as warning

Spoonman

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2010
DENVER (AP) -- Alexander Heit's final text cut off in mid-sentence. Before he could send it, police say the 22-year-old University of Northern Colorado student drifted into oncoming traffic, jerked the steering wheel and went off the road, rolling his car.

Heit died shortly after the April 3 crash, but his parents and police are hoping the photo of the mundane text on his iPhone will serve as a stark reminder to drivers.

Parents hope photo of fatal text serves as warning

to bad the gun grabbing liberal loons don't have a texting agenda

Just shows the misplaced priorities of people now days. Those priorities killed this poor sob and will kill many more, there is no need to be in constant contact with some other person every second of every day.

DENVER (AP) -- Alexander Heit's final text cut off in mid-sentence. Before he could send it, police say the 22-year-old University of Northern Colorado student drifted into oncoming traffic, jerked the steering wheel and went off the road, rolling his car.

Heit died shortly after the April 3 crash, but his parents and police are hoping the photo of the mundane text on his iPhone will serve as a stark reminder to drivers.

:eusa_drool:

:eusa_drool:

hey, i will take any opportunity to get my agenda across

The kid was a psychopath with no concern for the safety of others. I'm glad he's dead cuz he would have eventually killed someone else on the highways. Texting while driving is even worse that drunk driving since DUIs can claim they didn't know they were drunk but texters know exactly what they're doing.

Texting while driving should mean permanent loss of drivers license.

The kid was a psychopath with no concern for the safety of others. I'm glad he's dead cuz he would have eventually killed someone else on the highways. Texting while driving is even worse that drunk driving since DUIs can claim they didn't know they were drunk but texters know exactly what they're doing.

Texting while driving should mean permanent loss of drivers license.

Gun Grabbing Liberals

^^Another example of how reality plays no part in how the Conservative mind views issues. Ignore the fact that no guns have been grabbed the Conservative believes it happening therefore...it is. Reality cannot convince the Conservative otherwise

Gun Grabbing Liberals

^^Another example of how reality plays no part in how the Conservative mind views issues. Ignore the fact that no guns have been grabbed the Conservative believes it happening therefore...it is. Reality cannot convince the Conservative otherwise

Tell that to the people in NY that are getting letters instructing them to turn in their guns.

Gun Grabbing Liberals

Tell that to the people in NY that are getting letters instructing them to turn in their guns.
I have relatives in NY with guns (quite the hunters)...they've received no such letters.

Gun Grabbing Liberals

Reality doesn't agree with you. But don't let that stop you, facts prove to have no effect on the Conservative

Gun Grabbing Liberals

I have relatives in NY with guns (quite the hunters)...they've received no such letters.

have they complied with the law and registered their assault style weapons and large capacoty magazines?

Gun Grabbing Liberals

not because they haven't tried. fortuantely public opinion and a republican controlled house have prevented that.

At least the idiot didn't kill anyone else.

if texting was a constitutioal right you know libs would be all over this trying to ban it

Yay, another moronic statement by a right wing nut. Most states either already have laws on the books against driving and texting or they are in the works. Based on your stupid statement, you would think liberals support the right to text and drive.

Showing the text will have no effect whatsoever. No one who texts and drives thinks their behavior is dangerous. It is only dangerous for others who can't handle it. Drunk drivers insist they are better drivers after a few drinks. Pot smokers say they are more alert and have better reactions when they are high. Texting drivers believe texting helps them pay more attention. It's dangerous for others but not them.

A few weeks ago my 16 yr old was coming home from school on the bus. They passed a woman lying on the driveway of a daycare and a car smashed into a pole. Both the driver and woman were heading west, he was driving and she was jogging. He was high, texting, and driving. He crossed over to the other side of the road where she was jogging, hit her, sent her flying into the air and onto the blacktop. 40 year old married mother of two small kids, dead.

So awful, so preventable. You can not be distracted while driving, regardless of the distraction. Period. When you're behind the wheel pay attention and drive. Everything else can wait.

I dont know how any can text and drive.. I wont even dial and drive.. If my phone rings I wont answer it until I pull over

Forum List

Back