Parents arrested, tased during confrontation as Arizona school was on lockdown

I shouldn't have to explain to you the calamity that would ensue if hundreds of parents started charging into the school, some of them with guns,
HUNDREDS of parents? What, do you think they are all going to have guns and just start shooting at each other like the Keystone Cops? Why would it even take hundreds of armed people just to get the kids out, they can take more than one at a time, plus I kinda thought that if they did anything else at all, they would only be firing back at the INTRUDER (one person) in self-defense.

Who knows, unlike the police, I bet they get the guy REAL QUICK.

Ain't nothing worse than pissing off a mother bear when you threaten her cub.

After all, it IS their kid(s) and their lives, and I gotta think the kid stands AT LEAST as good of a chance staying alive and getting out of there sooner than any township cop.

opt for the safer option and let the cops handle the situation.
Nothing that happened at Uvalde or any of the other blown school shootings has convinced me that the cops would be the "safer option" for anyone but themselves. Remember what the police keep saying: It isn't their job to save you much less risk their lives for anyone but themselves.

HUNDREDS of parents? What, do you think they are all going to have guns and just start shooting at each other like the Keystone Cops?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying and anyone with more than a second grade education can logically deduce that an onslaught of panicky frantic parents rushing into a building armed, untrained, and disorganized can result in a worse situation.

Why would it even take hundreds of armed people just to get the kids out, they can take more than one at a time, plus I kinda thought that if they did anything else at all, they would only be firing back at the INTRUDER (one person) in self-defense.
And they conclusively know who the intruder is? Adding more people to the equation increases the risk for a grave error.

Who knows, unlike the police, I bet they get the guy REAL QUICK.

Ain't nothing worse than pissing off a mother bear when you threaten her cub.

After all, it IS their kid(s) and their lives, and I gotta think the kid stands AT LEAST as good of a chance staying alive and getting out of there sooner than any township cop.

You have nothing to base that on at all other than your own bias.
Nothing that happened at Uvalde or any of the other blown school shootings has convinced me that the cops would be the "safer option" for anyone but themselves. Remember what the police keep saying: It isn't their job to save you much less risk their lives for anyone but themselves.
Uvalde isn't El Mirage, AZ

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying and anyone with more than a second grade education can logically deduce that an onslaught of panicky frantic parents rushing into a building armed, untrained, and disorganized can result in a worse situation.

And they conclusively know who the intruder is? Adding more people to the equation increases the risk for a grave error.

Uvalde isn't El Mirage, AZ

Parents don't panic in that situation. Well, let me put it this way, a parent, who willingly goes into that sort of situation, isn't going to panic. The panicky types will be crying under their beds. Parents know the floor plan of their kids schools far better than the cops do, and I would suspect the ARMED ASSHOLE IN THE ROOM WITH THE KIDS is hint enough.

Don't you?

Or are you not capable of rational thought?

You one of the panicky types?

87,000 new IRS agents.....zero money for armed guards for schools.
Let that sink in............
And the IRS plans on arming all those agents. Another step toward a police state. A Republican Congress should defund those extra agents first thing.

Then maybe he should join law enforcement and protect all the kid in the country. Or maybe he's probably very well known, already. I am sure no trained law enforcement, that has been around and are in the know would fail to recognize him on the spot, with no qualms of him coming in to their high intensity, very fluid operation armed, maybe in tactical gear with body armor, easily telling him from armed nut-ball mass shooters, we've seen of late. I am sure he'd be excellent if he does not trip over his cape, if he can find a phone booth the change in.
Your utter disdain for parents wanting to protect their kids is disgusting. Your childish responses just reinforce your ineptitude. Mudwhistle has explained these things and how they work before, you just didn’t bother reading them. Go ahead and get in the way of a parent aiding their child. It’ll be YOU needing your next of kin notified.

Your utter disdain for parents wanting to protect their kids is disgusting. Your childish responses just reinforce your ineptitude. Mudwhistle has explained these things and how they work before, you just didn’t bother reading them. Go ahead and get in the way of a parent aiding their child. It’ll be YOU needing your next of kin notified.

6 wouldn't get hurt, the parents would merely disarm him, tie him up and toss him in a corner for his own safety.

So you think the Uvalde response is typical across the country and a bunch of us armed civilians, should overwhelm the police responses as we see fit and go through their lines to take matters into or own hands? That is dumb.
If the cops are just standing around doing nothing,like they do in, Parents should go get their kids; And if they are armed they can prevent a killer from doing more harm.

"A mother who ran into Robb Elementary School to rescue her two children during a mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, last week says police threatened to violate her probation for speaking about the incident to reporters." See cops don't really care about the kids. Maybe that only applies to Texas cops.

an onslaught of panicky frantic parents
Oh, they are panicky, frantic people now? You sure you're a trained firearms user? Sounds like a whole lot of projection on your part. If I went into a school to pull my kid out, I would be anything but panicky and frantic! I'd be real determined as hell. A lot of these young, half-trained cops I see out there often look panicky and frantic just handing out a parking ticket. I'll tell you what, next time there is a school incident and if the police are all standing outside unwilling to go in and take the risk, let others decide for themselves if they want to go into a situation and feel they are up to the danger and decide for THEMSELVES how much risk they can handle, as well as want to put their kids through, instead of your deciding for them.

rushing into a building armed, untrained, and disorganized can result in a worse situation.
I'm neither untrained nor disorganized. You sure seem to have a low opinion of other people. How the hell do you know how qualified another person is? If my kid is in a building with his life being threatened, what makes you any better qualified to assess what risks are worth my taking over myself?

Not at all. Are you sure you are a trained firearms user? I'm pretty sure the school shooter would be pretty easy to sort out from a parent as the scared one trying to shoot at all the kids, teachers and police.

You mean my own experience with my abilities and my final say in what, how and by who my child faces any danger. What about your biases or those of the authorities? You sure your biases are any less than my own?

Link:

Excerpt:

"Three parents were arrested, two of whom were tased, during a confrontation outside an Arizona elementary school that had been locked down over a report of someone with a gun Friday, El Mirage police said.

Thompson Ranch Elementary School was locked down after a report around 10:30 a.m. that someone who appeared to have a handgun had tried to open a locked door and ran off, El Mirage police Lt. Jimmy Chavez said.

That person was later taken into custody and was being evaluated by mental health professionals, police in El Mirage, a city northwest of Phoenix, said in a later statement. The statement did not say if any gun was found.

Police said criminal charges are pending against the man, whose identity has not been released, but did not say what they could be.

The security scare in El Mirage occurred a little more than two months after a mass shooting and botched police response at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, that left 19 children and two teachers dead.

Outside the school in Arizona on Friday, the three parents were arrested as several parents said they were going to go onto the locked-down campus to protect their children, Chavez said.

“As a parent, I understand that philosophy, however, there were procedures that law enforcement and the school were following,” Chavez told reporters at the scene.

One of those arrested, a man described as the “main instigator,” was armed and a handgun fell to the ground as he was being arrested, Chavez said.

The other two, a man and a woman, were tased and arrested after they came to his aid, he said.

“They were physically attempting to get into campus, and they were getting into physical altercations with our officers,” Chavez said. “They were forcefully pushing onto the officers trying to get on campus.”

Police had converged on the elementary school after school staff reported that someone who appeared to have a handgun tried get into an exterior building but the door was locked, and the man was chased off by staff, Chavez said."

Comment(s):

Parental instinct is a powerful incentive.
Sorry is utter stupidity!

No. you will be needing bail money.

I seriously don't know what you're talking about.

The top skillset that you have to have before you even think about busting down doors is weapons proficiency.
Arming parents and teachers is total nonsense.

Before I even got to the point where I was blowing doors and clearing rooms....I had to prove that I could shoot.
That means a minimum of a month of day and night range shooting to develop excellence through target practice.
Before we could go to a tirehouse...we had to show we could be trusted to discharge firearms safely in confined spaces.
tirehouse? Those were Goodyears!

I think what happened was the simple fact that parents saw how untrained the cops were in this situation.
The media reports only made this worse.
That punk did most of the damage before the first cops arrived.
The media claims there were kids calling from inside....but most of those kids and teachers were already dead.
They may have been able to save a couple of them, but it's highly doubtful.
The fact is....cops should have been able to shoot and kill the shooter within seconds of entering the building...if they knew what they were doing....and clearly they didn't.
My God, you are an idiot!

Forum List

Back