Palin Death Panel Derangement Syndrome..

blastoff

Undocumented Reg. User
Nov 12, 2009
In a galaxy far far away...
Oh, goodness, it's spreading.

We all recall how that awful Sarah Palin talked about death panels as a necessary part of BarryCare, sort of like what goes on in England and elsewhere when it comes to things like who gets that replacement hip and who doesn't.

Well now that lefty "journalist" Mark Halperin has jumped on the Palin death panels bandwagon, so I'm sure he'll be taken to the woodshed by the liars in charge of the Dimocrat party, MSNBC stars, and assorted other nitwits.

"The Affordable Care Act contains provisions for "death panels," which decide which critically ill patients receive care and which don't, says Mark Halperin, senior political analyst for Time magazine."

"It's built into the plan. It's not like a guess or like a judgment. That's going to be part of how costs are controlled," Halperin told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

Here's the rest...Mark Halperin: Obamacare Contains 'Death Panels'

Oh, course it is Newsmax so they probably just made the whole thing up.

We all recall how that awful Sarah Palin talked about death panels as a necessary part of BarryCare, sort of like what goes on in England and elsewhere when it comes to things like who gets that replacement hip and who doesn't.

Well now that lefty "journalist" Mark Halperin has jumped on the Palin death panels bandwagon, so I'm sure he'll be taken to the woodshed by the liars in charge of the Dimocrat party, MSNBC stars, and assorted other nitwits.

"The Affordable Care Act contains provisions for "death panels," which decide which critically ill patients receive care and which don't, says Mark Halperin, senior political analyst for Time magazine."

"It's built into the plan. It's not like a guess or like a judgment. That's going to be part of how costs are controlled," Halperin told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

Death panels have been in existance in this country since health insurance was first introduced. Of course, they didn't call it a death panel. Sometimes it was "pre-existing condition." Other times it was called "No experimental procedures." It was also called "Your insurance has been canceled." Occasionally it was called "This illness is not covered in your policy."
So, who do you trust more, the government or the insurance company? To me this is an easy question. The primary goal of insurance company's is to make money, not to help sick people. The insurance company is in business to make a profit and denying people medical care they have paid for helps make that profit larger. On the other hand, the government is not in business to make money.

Last edited:

Halperin's out selling a book isn't he?

Tell us what Sarah Palin said the death panels were and what they would do.

Nice bit of historical revisionism, the OP is.

When Sarah Palin spoke of "death panels", she was referring to a provision added to the ACA by Congressman Blumenauer of Oregon which provided for end of life counseling sessions to be paid for by insurance.

When a person sits down with their doctor to work out what treatments they wanted should they no longer be able to speak for themselves, instead of the insurance company deciding her fate, that is the very antithesis of a death panel. But these sessions were not paid for by insurance companies. Blumenauer was trying to ensure they would be.

Then dipshit Sarah Palin, in her infinite ignorance, labeled this provision "death panels".

Last edited:

Please explain how that differs from what health insurance companies have been doing since the beginning.

Death panels have been in existance in this country since health insurance was first introduced. Of course, they didn't call it a death panel. Sometimes it was "pre-existing condition." Other times it was called "No experimental procedures." It was also called "Your insurance has been canceled." Occasionally it was called "This illness is not covered in your policy."
So, who do you trust more, the government or the insurance company? To me this is an easy question. The primary goal of insurance company's is to make money, not to help sick people. The insurance company is in business to make a profit and denying people medical care they have paid for helps make that profit larger. On the other hand, the government is not in business to make money.

:lmao:

Please explain how that differs from what health insurance companies have been doing since the beginning.

I see you fell for the rhetoric.

I am not surprised.

I am not surprised.

You could go to another insurance company, you could find the financial means thru other sources. The point is that the government didn't have life or death decisions over your life. Why is that concept so difficult to grasp?

“Comparative effectiveness” studies, which compare one treatment for a particular illness against another to determine which works better, have received a lot of attention and billions of dollars in federal support in the last few years. But when I mentioned comparative effectiveness research recently to a colleague who I know is particularly interested in treatments and the clinical trials behind them, he let out a loud snort and guffaw before I even finished saying the words.

To explain, he described a newly published study on treating children who are thought to have swallowed a small foreign object, like a coin or a toy. He reeled off a long list of laboratory tests, scans, scopes and X-rays that the researchers recommended for such cases, adding, “Those experts assume that everyone lives near big medical centers like theirs, but not all of my patients do. And what are we going to do if the insurance company doesn’t approve of all the tests we order?”

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/why-studies-that-compare-treatments-lack-impact/?_r=0

I am not surprised.

Insurance companies did not have the ability to say a universal "no" to you.

The ACA is set up so that all you need is one "no" and it means you can not do anything else here in the united states.....you would have to cross the border if you wanted a second opinion.

Idiots call them "death panels". Doctors and insurance companies call them "evidence-based practices", or "evidence based medicine".

Evidence-based practice means that clinicians use evaluation and treatment procedures for particular disorders and populations. Evidence-based practice also takes into account current understanding of the patho-physiology of the disorder(s) being treated, clinical expertise, and the client’s preferences for treatment.

Evidence-based practice means that clinicians are using procedures that have been studied carefully and those results have been reviewed and published.

Last edited:

Look there have been doctors that have gone on radio saying that Obamacare has death panels in it. I am no fan of Sarah Palin, but the death panels are real. The FEMA Camps are real. DHS' plans to supress America are real.

This is just more Globalist media dis-info to pacify the lib-tards and Obamanoids who live in political la la land anyway.

Those of us in the know, already knew.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsstPRqgVqk]Brain Surgeon Confirms ObamaCare Rations Care, Has Death Panels! - YouTube[/ame]

Idiots call them "death panels". Doctors and insurance companies call them evidence-based practices.

Evidence-based practice means that clinicians use evaluation and treatment procedures for particular disorders and populations. Evidence-based practice also takes into account current understanding of the patho-physiology of the disorder(s) being treated, clinical expertise, and the client’s preferences for treatment.

Evidence-based practice means that clinicians are using procedures that have been studied carefully and those results have been reviewed and published.

And idiots don't pay attention.

The members of those panels, according to the terms of the ACA, are appointees by the President and do not need to be clinicians.

Now, seeing as he had a HOST of people with great experience in web development to choose from and he failed miserably at that...what makes you think he will chose qualified members of the panels?

The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care (750k bankruptcies a year, most HAVE insurance - crap insurance!)After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?

That's cuz they keep voting in the 2 Bilderberg Parties all the time. The Constitution Party provides a real viable alternative but Americans would rather have their votes count against them than vote 3rd party so here we are.

Neither is government in business to give a damn about people.

Forum List

Back