Palestinian athletes

amity1844

Jun 1, 2014
Amazingly, in light of the lack of facilities, Palestine does have some Olympic hopefuls.
Talk about pressure!

And, predictably, Israel is not making it easy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bullshit spam. Nobody clicks on your clips and nobody gives a shit.

I opened this forum and there's like 25 of this paid Hamas propagandist's spam OP's. When are the mods going to ban this jackass who happens to be a sock of a sock?

I think a sock is a "sock puppet," right?

So who do you think I work for?

Actually although I have made some missteps, the mods have been extremely cool.
I think they want to keep it balanced Roudy. And in a democracy, that is always a good goal to have. That way people who come here wanting information so they can decide for themselves will be able to hear both sides ... as well as we can present them, at least.

I am pretty glad I am annoying, but I'm not a troll.

(I'm not even sure what a troll is, actually .... same as a sock puppet?)

Unfortunately you are just not used to meeting opposition on a level playing field. But you will get used to it.

I'm surprised there's a FEMALE swimmer. Harder than hell to swim in a burka.... Good thing she's not in a Taliban area, or a strict Sharia area, they'd kill her for being indecent...

That's not true, and it shows a lot of ignorance of Palestinian society. There is a lot of variation, even in one family. Some wear hijab (burka is Afghan), some wear miniskirts. There are a LOT more Palestinian women wearing hijab these days than back in the 1970s. Maybe 20 years from now they will again be wearing traditional dress, who knows? Its a badge of identity as much as an issue of modesty.

That's not true, and it shows a lot of ignorance of Palestinian society. There is a lot of variation, even in one family. Some wear hijab (burka is Afghan), some wear miniskirts. There are a LOT more Palestinian women wearing hijab these days than back in the 1970s. Maybe 20 years from now they will again be wearing traditional dress, who knows? Its a badge of identity as much as an issue of modesty.

That shows a lot of ignorance (or promotion of propaganda) for the reasons why Moslem women in Gaza'istan are forced into their shame-sacks.

http://www.globalmbwatch.com/2013/05/21/hamas-debates-implementation-islamic-law-gaza/

Hamas Debates Further Implementation of Islamic Law in Gaza

Unfortunately you are just not used to meeting opposition on a level playing field. But you will get used to it.
Yeah right. You ain't fooling anybody. You know exactly what a sock is and what a troll is, and you're BOTH.

I'm surprised there's a FEMALE swimmer. Harder than hell to swim in a burka.... Good thing she's not in a Taliban area, or a strict Sharia area, they'd kill her for being indecent...
Well the Hamas savage animals canceled the marathon a while back because of the exact same reason.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/05/gaza-marathon-cancelled-hamas-bans-women

Gaza marathon cancelled by UN after Hamas bans women from participating

An annual Gaza marathon organised by the United Nations has been cancelled after a Hamas decision to ban women from competing alongside men.

The UN agency for Palestinian refugees (Unrwa) issued a statement on Tuesday cancelling the race on 10 April and expressing its disappointment at the new and intractable position of the Gaza authorities, which have permitted women to run alongside men for the past two years.

Chris Gunness, Unrwa's spokesman, said: "It is with sadness and regret that we have been forced to make this decision. But our work in Gaza is based on UN values, standards and codes of conduct and we could not go ahead with an event from which women were barred."

In a brief text message sent to journalists, Hamas said that the decision to scrap the event had been Unrwa's; Hamas officials had asked the UN agency to ensure that Gaza's local customs were respected.

The marathon, which raises money for Unrwa's summer programme in Gaza, would have been the territory's third. Almost half of the international runners who had signed up for this year's race were women. Of the 551 local Palestinians registered, 266 were women.

Jumana al-Shihri, a 30-year-old schoolteacher, ran in last year's race. "I faced harassment last time from society around me and I was expecting the same this time but I decided to do it and not pay attention," she said.

"I am surprised by the Hamas government decision to stop our participation; I don't find any problem as we are well dressed while running in the street, and the idea of it is to bring support to the Palestinians in Gaza when internationals participate in it also. I want officials to rethink this wrong decision."

Hamas, the Islamist movement that has governed the territory since 2006, has previously attempted to restrict the behaviour of Palestinian women, including a ban on smoking shisha pipes in public and insisting that female lawyers wear a hijab in court, but these rulings were retracted following criticism from human rights and international organisations.

Mona Shawa, a women's rights expert at the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights in Gaza, said that in the deeply conservative society where most women choose to cover their heads, many women would agree that it was inappropriate for women and men to compete together in public.

Even so, she added: "This is a very bad sign. It gives us a clear indication of how Hamas views women and the role it wants them to play in society. It is frustrating and a worrying indication of things to come.

"Gaza's women need to raise their voices against this."

Last edited:

You have no idea what anyone else here is used to. Poor daft bint that you are : ((

Well the Hamas savage animals canceled the marathon a while back because of the exact same reason.

Gaza marathon cancelled by UN after Hamas bans women from participating | World news | theguardian.com

Gaza marathon cancelled by UN after Hamas bans women from participating

An annual Gaza marathon organised by the United Nations has been cancelled after a Hamas decision to ban women from competing alongside men.

The UN agency for Palestinian refugees (Unrwa) issued a statement on Tuesday cancelling the race on 10 April and expressing its disappointment at the new and intractable position of the Gaza authorities, which have permitted women to run alongside men for the past two years.

Chris Gunness, Unrwa's spokesman, said: "It is with sadness and regret that we have been forced to make this decision. But our work in Gaza is based on UN values, standards and codes of conduct and we could not go ahead with an event from which women were barred."

In a brief text message sent to journalists, Hamas said that the decision to scrap the event had been Unrwa's; Hamas officials had asked the UN agency to ensure that Gaza's local customs were respected.

The marathon, which raises money for Unrwa's summer programme in Gaza, would have been the territory's third. Almost half of the international runners who had signed up for this year's race were women. Of the 551 local Palestinians registered, 266 were women.

Jumana al-Shihri, a 30-year-old schoolteacher, ran in last year's race. "I faced harassment last time from society around me and I was expecting the same this time but I decided to do it and not pay attention," she said.

"I am surprised by the Hamas government decision to stop our participation; I don't find any problem as we are well dressed while running in the street, and the idea of it is to bring support to the Palestinians in Gaza when internationals participate in it also. I want officials to rethink this wrong decision."

Hamas, the Islamist movement that has governed the territory since 2006, has previously attempted to restrict the behaviour of Palestinian women, including a ban on smoking shisha pipes in public and insisting that female lawyers wear a hijab in court, but these rulings were retracted following criticism from human rights and international organisations.

Mona Shawa, a women's rights expert at the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights in Gaza, said that in the deeply conservative society where most women choose to cover their heads, many women would agree that it was inappropriate for women and men to compete together in public.

Even so, she added: "This is a very bad sign. It gives us a clear indication of how Hamas views women and the role it wants them to play in society. It is frustrating and a worrying indication of things to come.

"Gaza's women need to raise their voices against this."

Yes, it is a sad fact that under the strictest of Islamic law women are chattel. My post was tongue in cheek (though sadly factual) to show the absurdity of the OP.

What level playing field would that be then, if I did what you are doing then I would be banned. Far too much cronyism going on here on this board

It is the men showing their superiority over the women, find ne the passage in the Koran and hadiths that say the women must be dressed in baggy tents. Been proven time and time again that it is a terrorist act by the men to make the women their chattels.

What level playing field would that be then, if I did what you are doing then I would be banned. Far too much cronyism going on here on this board

the amusing part of aenmity's post is that she considers herself ----as parrot of precooked
islamo-nazi propaganda-----an intellectual "match"

Bullshit spam. Nobody clicks on your clips and nobody gives a shit.

I opened this forum and there's like 25 of this paid Hamas propagandist's spam OP's. When are the mods going to ban this jackass who happens to be a sock of a sock?
why is such a be-medalled tough guy like you so scared of what amity may post?

ps you do not speak for me you self aggrandising twit, I watch what I choose.

Guess it's better to invest in sports than war:D

What am I doing, per you?

Unfortunately, they're going to have to invest in both if they want either. Nothing can be apolitical for Palestinians.

Why do they have to invest in war? I find it interesting that HAMAS would do anything to destroy Israel, and kill every Jew in the country...but can't, due to incompetence and cowardice.

But the Israelis....who COULD kill every Palestinian if they so chose to do so...don't. And instead go to great effort to limit innocent civilians being killed. If the Palestinians were smart, they would destroy HAMAS and turn GAZA into a tourist heaven. It is one of the nicest spots on the planet turned into a hell hole by a bunch of 6th century savages.

Unfortunately, they're going to have to invest in both if they want either. Nothing can be apolitical for Palestinians.

Why do they have to invest in war? I find it interesting that HAMAS would do anything to destroy Israel, and kill every Jew in the country...but can't, due to incompetence and cowardice.

But the Israelis....who COULD kill every Palestinian if they so chose to do so...don't. And instead go to great effort to limit innocent civilians being killed. If the Palestinians were smart, they would destroy HAMAS and turn GAZA into a tourist heaven. It is one of the nicest spots on the planet turned into a hell hole by a bunch of 6th century savages.

I assure you Hamas does not want to kill every Jew. Does it escape your notice that they actually issue advance warnings of attacks?

And Israel will kill as many people of any description, Palestinian, Jewish, or something else, to effectuate a Jewish majority in a country that naturally has an Arab majority.

And why see this conflict as an economic issue? Money is not being offered, and even if it was, it couldn't possibly buy Palestinians' national aspirations. There isn't enough money in the world.

Forum List

Back