Palestine : proposing a 2-state solution with flexible borders

I have some ideas about the entrenched, painful, conflict between the Isrealis and the Palestinians.

I took a look at the map, and figured out a possible solution.
It would require the Palestinians to be content with building new homes and farmland (powered by Israeli supplied water[1]), and for the Egyptians to sell some of the land that borders with Israel to Israel and Palestine.

This would start by the Palestinians moving some of their farmland and residences to the South of the current West Bank region, and later into what are now Egyptian lands bordering Israel.

In return, the Palestinians would get prolonged peace and a unified strip of land, the Israelis would get room to expand (into the West Bank, and later towards the south of the West Bank too), and the Egyptians would get international credit, and money (supplied by both the Israelis, and Palestinian farm products).

[1] Freshwater (industrial scale) from seawater, on sunlight | Physics Forums - The Fusion of Science and Community
i have this idea to produce fresh water for farming and all the other uses of fresh water, from seawater, on sunlight, using mostly/only off-the-shelf parts.. i am currently not able to pursue this idea myself due to financial constraints, so i thought i'd float the idea here looking for some constructive feedback.. i'm also not a mechanical engineer, i have studied software engineering, so i have a couple of specific hurdles with the engineering that i'd like your feedback on.. it starts with pvc tubing bringing seawater to a desert/climatically-hot area.. the pvc tubing does not need to be raised above ground level but rather be just laid on the ground to preheat the seawater. at the conversion site, you'd have multiple evaporation chambers made out of black plastic funnels, one normally upright beneath one inverted (so narrow part pointing straight up) and tied together using black ducktape perhaps. problem 1 is maintaining a stable water level in the lower (upright, narrow part of the funnel pointing down) funnels, and bringing new seawater to those lower funnels over terrain that varies in height aswell (potentially for several miles).. problem 2 is the condensation of vaporized freshwater from the 2-funnels devices back into liquid form for transportation to a farming area (which is suspect are pentiful), any area that could be farmed if it would receive a stable freshwater supply.. this idea is copylefted and donated to humanity by me. you are free to implement it entirely on your own and perhaps even turn it into a business where you take a modest percentage of revenue (the food output) to make the thing economically sustainable and interesting-to-scale-up..

Israel-and-Palestine-316x248.png

What Egyptian lands are you speaking of?
Jerusalem is completely controlled by massive Jewish population on all 4 sides
They ain’t getting Jerusalem back nor should they

Jordan is the only other state in the region who made a claim for it, and they ceded that claim in the 1990's, along with the rest of the West Bank. What some gangsters want to claim is of no interest or validity.

it wasn't Jordan's to cede... They simply administered it along with East Jerusalem.

So what? They dropped any claims they had to it, and they're the real 'Palestinian state', not your thugsters running Hamas and the PLA.

Palestine was a province of Syria as far back as 500 BC.. Have you read Herodotus? It was called Syria-Palestine.. Chaucer and Shakespeare also mention Palestine.

Do you remember the West Bank before Israel attacked Egypt in 1967? Do you remember the Almond Trees and Pomegranates, and ancient Olive groves. Some of those olive trees were 500 years old and they weren't watered and tended by Europeans.

How Israel Helped to Spawn Hamas - WSJ
https://www.wsj.com › articles › SB123275572295011847
Israel cooperated with a crippled, half-blind cleric named Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, even as he was laying the foundations for what would become Hamas.

Um, Herodotus coined the word palestine (palaistine), he didn’t discover a place called palestine. He wasn’t the Greek Christopher Columbus. So, palaistine existed in his book but not in reality. Sorry to confuse you with facts.

Herodotus didn't make it up.. It was called Palestine even when Egypt controlled Sina and Canaan during the Exodus.

No it wasn't, stop making things up.

And what difference does it make how Greeks called a land on another continent,
if those who today falsely appropriate the name, can't even pronounce it?

Ancient Greeks generally called the country Judea, signifying land of the Jews. Romans, too. Persians called it Yehud. Herodotus used the name palaistine referring to the Mediterranean coast formerly occupied by philistines, who were also from the Greek world like Herodotus. It wasn‘t palestine as people generally think of it.
Never thought about how Herodotus came up with the name,
but the root of the word is in Hebrew, it's not Greek.

It actually shows Herodotus wasn't personally familiar with the region from first witness,
or even realize what the word meant, his knowledge of the specific region was limited only to reports from other Greeks who were not familiar with the local language.

No native would call himself "Palestinian", by definition.
I have some ideas about the entrenched, painful, conflict between the Isrealis and the Palestinians.

It would require the Palestinians to be content with building new homes and farmland (powered by Israeli supplied water[1]), and for the Egyptians to sell some of the land that borders with Israel to Israel and Palestine.

This would start by the Palestinians moving some of their farmland and residences to the South of the current West Bank region, and later into what are now Egyptian lands bordering Israel.

In return, the Palestinians would get prolonged peace and a unified strip of land, the Israelis would get room to expand (into the West Bank, and later towards the south of the West Bank too), and the Egyptians would get international credit, and money (supplied by both the Israelis, and Palestinian farm products).

[1] Freshwater (industrial scale) from seawater, on sunlight | Physics Forums - The Fusion of Science and Community
i have this idea to produce fresh water for farming and all the other uses of fresh water, from seawater, on sunlight, using mostly/only off-the-shelf parts.. i am currently not able to pursue this idea myself due to financial constraints, so i thought i'd float the idea here looking for some constructive feedback.. i'm also not a mechanical engineer, i have studied software engineering, so i have a couple of specific hurdles with the engineering that i'd like your feedback on.. it starts with pvc tubing bringing seawater to a desert/climatically-hot area.. the pvc tubing does not need to be raised above ground level but rather be just laid on the ground to preheat the seawater. at the conversion site, you'd have multiple evaporation chambers made out of black plastic funnels, one normally upright beneath one inverted (so narrow part pointing straight up) and tied together using black ducktape perhaps. problem 1 is maintaining a stable water level in the lower (upright, narrow part of the funnel pointing down) funnels, and bringing new seawater to those lower funnels over terrain that varies in height aswell (potentially for several miles).. problem 2 is the condensation of vaporized freshwater from the 2-funnels devices back into liquid form for transportation to a farming area (which is suspect are pentiful), any area that could be farmed if it would receive a stable freshwater supply.. this idea is copylefted and donated to humanity by me. you are free to implement it entirely on your own and perhaps even turn it into a business where you take a modest percentage of revenue (the food output) to make the thing economically sustainable and interesting-to-scale-up..

Jordan is the only other state in the region who made a claim for it, and they ceded that claim in the 1990's, along with the rest of the West Bank. What some gangsters want to claim is of no interest or validity.

it wasn't Jordan's to cede... They simply administered it along with East Jerusalem.

So what? They dropped any claims they had to it, and they're the real 'Palestinian state', not your thugsters running Hamas and the PLA.

Palestine was a province of Syria as far back as 500 BC.. Have you read Herodotus? It was called Syria-Palestine.. Chaucer and Shakespeare also mention Palestine.

Do you remember the West Bank before Israel attacked Egypt in 1967? Do you remember the Almond Trees and Pomegranates, and ancient Olive groves. Some of those olive trees were 500 years old and they weren't watered and tended by Europeans.

Israel cooperated with a crippled, half-blind cleric named Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, even as he was laying the foundations for what would become Hamas.

Um, Herodotus coined the word palestine (palaistine), he didn’t discover a place called palestine. He wasn’t the Greek Christopher Columbus. So, palaistine existed in his book but not in reality. Sorry to confuse you with facts.

Herodotus didn't make it up.. It was called Palestine even when Egypt controlled Sina and Canaan during the Exodus.

Ancient Greeks generally called the country Judea, signifying land of the Jews. Romans, too. Persians called it Yehud. Herodotus used the name palaistine referring to the Mediterranean coast formerly occupied by philistines, who were also from the Greek world like Herodotus. It wasn‘t palestine as people generally think of it.

It actually shows Herodotus wasn't personally familiar with the region from first witness,
or even realize what the word meant, his knowledge of the specific region was limited only to reports from other Greeks who were not familiar with the local language.

Jewish Bible calls the Philistines “Pelishtim“ and their location on the Mediterranean coast is called Peleshet. Bible actually refers to the Mediterranean as “sea of the Philistines.” The Greeks like Herodotus knew of the Philistines because they originated from the Greek world. In his book, he says palaistine is between Phoenicia (modern Lebanon) and Egypt, on a “peninsula beside our sea” (Mediterranean). There is no account of him traveling inland.

The Philistines were indeed sea people probably from the Greek Islands.. When they took over the coast, the Hebrew moved into the hillcountry.. Nomads have a symbiotic relationship with settled people who grow grains.. Its essential.

220px-Palestine_Mandate_Stamp_SG_72.....COVER-PHOTO.jpg

Printed in England. Palestine was Britain’s name for the British Mandate.
The British called it Palestine because that is what it was.

Palestine is an English word coined by Europeans. This is news to you? Duh!

View attachment 451632
It doesn't matter. Changing a name does not change the people.

The people from many different origins...

View attachment 451638
Just like the good old USA. We are from all over the place but we are still all Americans.

”Israeli” is a common Israeli surname. Funny how nobody is named al-Palestini, but a common palestinian surname is Bushnaq, denoting Bosnia, and Bosnians aren’t even Arabs.

Jewish Bible calls the Philistines “Pelishtim“ and their location on the Mediterranean coast is called Peleshet. Bible actually refers to the Mediterranean as “sea of the Philistines.” The Greeks like Herodotus knew of the Philistines because they originated from the Greek world. In his book, he says palaistine is between Phoenicia (modern Lebanon) and Egypt, on a “peninsula beside our sea” (Mediterranean). There is no account of him traveling inland.

The Philistines were indeed sea people probably from the Greek Islands.. When they took over the coast, the Hebrew moved into the hillcountry.. Nomads have a symbiotic relationship with settled people who grow grains.. Its essential.

View attachment 451632

View attachment 451638
Just like the good old USA. We are from all over the place but we are still all Americans.
Another of your good old false premises.

View attachment 451632

View attachment 451638

Do you live or work in the ME?

Historically the Arabs are merchants trading with Mespotamia, Egypt, the Levant, East Africa and the Indus Valley... Everything from rice to pearls to spices, salt and silks. They traded and intermarried.

Didn't you know that?

Yemen traded in Frankencence and Myrrh... Herod used a lot of it.. So did the Pharaohs.

Fellahin has nothing to do with Philistines and there's no P in Arabic. Hebrew is derived from Canaanite.. so Jordan makes sense.

Indeed there's no 'P' in Arabic,
and the word 'Palestine' has no root nor meaning in their language.

Now explain this -

the approximately 1 million Jews who returned from Arab countries,
and who's main language was Arabic, could effortlessly pronounce 'P'.

Yet the approximately 1 million Arabs who claim to have owned and fled the country,
NONE of them can pronounce 'P-alestine' without learning a foreign language.

How do You explain that absurdity?

There wasn’t any entity palestine in the Ottoman Empire. Arabs viewed the country as Syria or Sham in Arabic. Palestine was viewed by Arabs and Muslims as a Western invention created with Zionists. There are travel posters from back in the day to come to palestine, and they were created by a Jewish Israeli.
Stupid argument.

What were Native Americans called before it was America?

Were they a different people after the name change?

Indeed it's stupid,
because you have just buried your own argument.

Native Americans identified each by their names, which they could pronounce,
and none of them bore the collective name 'invaders' in the local language.

In fact after renaming it America, the population became a totally different people,
with the native population decimated to less than 2%.

For you to make the argument that Arabs are the native population,
would be like for Elizabeth Warren to argue she's native American,
simply because her ass is parked in some Cherokee reservation.

Of course the Arabs are native.. They have been in Palestine since Abraham... If you actually believe there was an Abraham. The Arabs began migrating to the Levant, Egypt and Mesopotamia about 10,000 years ago in waves.. There was Havilah, Arabia Felix and Petra..

Arabs originate from Arabia. This is news to you?

View attachment 451632

View attachment 451638

Historically the Arabs are merchants trading with Mespotamia, Egypt, the Levant, East Africa and the Indus Valley... Everything from rice to pearls to spices, salt and silks. They traded and intermarried.

Didn't you know that.. Yemen traded in Frankincence and Myrrh... Herod used a lot of it.. So did the pharaohs.

Arabs historically were nomads and did not populate the region outside of Arabia until the Arab conquests in the Middle Ages.

View attachment 451632

From any angle you try to argue this,
it simply doesn't make sense.

So when you started calling it 'America',
the people didn't change, and you with the average Joe in America are native people?

All this rather suggests you lie knowingly,
for exactly the opposite of the intentions you state.

Last edited:

View attachment 451632

View attachment 451638

Didn't you know that.. Yemen traded in Frankincence and Myrrh... Herod used a lot of it.. So did the pharaohs.

Arabs historically were nomads and did not populate the region outside of Arabia until the Arab conquests in the Middle Ages.

No.. Bedouin cannot survive unless they have a relationship with townies.

This guy used to take a break from his work and lecture in Arabia when i was young.

The Marsh Arabs (Penguin Classics): Thesiger, Wilfred ...
Amazon.com › Marsh-Arabs-Penguin-Classics › dp › 0141442085

Once again , for the millionth time, Palestine was the name of a geographical region, not a country..

View attachment 451632

View attachment 451638

No.. Bedouin cannot survive unless they have a relationship with townies.

This guy used to take a break from his work and lecture in Arabia when i was young.

The Marsh Arabs (Penguin Classics): Thesiger, Wilfred ...
Amazon.com › Marsh-Arabs-Penguin-Classics › dp › 0141442085
By "relationship" you mean pillage and racket?
Cause that's exactly the point about how Arabs appeared outside Arabia...

Fellahin has nothing to do with Philistines and there's no P in Arabic. Hebrew is derived from Canaanite.. so Jordan makes sense.

Indeed there's no 'P' in Arabic,
and the word 'Palestine' has no root nor meaning in their language.

Now explain this -

the approximately 1 million Jews who returned from Arab countries,
and who's main language was Arabic, could effortlessly pronounce 'P'.

Yet the approximately 1 million Arabs who claim to have owned and fled the country,
NONE of them can pronounce 'P-alestine' without learning a foreign language.

How do You explain that absurdity?

There wasn’t any entity palestine in the Ottoman Empire. Arabs viewed the country as Syria or Sham in Arabic. Palestine was viewed by Arabs and Muslims as a Western invention created with Zionists. There are travel posters from back in the day to come to palestine, and they were created by a Jewish Israeli.
Stupid argument.

What were Native Americans called before it was America?

Were they a different people after the name change?

You have been posting about “palestine” continuously and obsessively apparently since you became a member here in 2009—This is not the behavior of a mentally healthy person. Just saying.

PF Tinmore seems healthy, rational and educated to me.. What's your problem?

Posting tens of thousands of posts day after day, hour after hour, about “palestine” since 2009 is not normal.
I can't help it if Zionists are slow learners.
Slow learners? This coming from the guy who still doesn’t understand the fact that Israel has internationally recognized borders with Egypt and Jordan that came into existence when treaties were signed...even after it has been proven to you more times than I can count...

View attachment 451632

View attachment 451638

”Israeli” is a common Israeli surname. Funny how nobody is named al-Palestini, but a common palestinian surname is Bushnaq, denoting Bosnia, and Bosnians aren’t even Arabs.

View attachment 451632

View attachment 451638

Do Palestinians have to be Arabs. It seems that many are not.

View attachment 451632

View attachment 451638

View attachment 451632

View attachment 451638

Palestinian Charter says they’re Arabs. Oh, I guess they’re unaware of the Bosnians and other non-Arabs identifying as palestinians, in addition to Jews who were originally called palestinians by the British in the British Mandate called palestine.

Once again , for the millionth time, Palestine was the name of a geographical region, not a country..

Unsubstantiated Israeli talking point.
Please explain how stating that Palestine was a geographical area before Israel was created an ‘Israeli talking point’ ?
Look Tinmore, you’ve shown us all that you cannot accept simple facts. You cannot claim Palestine was always a country, when finding information that proves otherwise is simply a click away.
I’ll tell you what Tinmore. Let me give you some advice. G ok back to debate school and come back when you’re good and ready to have an actual debate.

You’re welcome

Please explain how stating that Palestine was a geographical area before Israel was created an ‘Israeli talking point’ ?
Look Tinmore, you’ve shown us all that you cannot accept simple facts. You cannot claim Palestine was always a country, when finding information that proves otherwise is simply a click away.
I’ll tell you what Tinmore. Let me give you some advice. G ok back to debate school and come back when you’re good and ready to have an actual debate.

You’re welcome
Nobody has posted anything proving it to be true.

You’re welcome
Except for the proof that has been presented.

You should pay attention.

View attachment 451632

View attachment 451638

View attachment 451632

View attachment 451638

You're not paying attention... perhaps just ignorant or just a very average propagandist?

You should read the Pally terrorist National Charter. Arab'ness (or is it Arab'ism), is a central theme.

There are 33 articles in that fascist trope and 32 separate instances of 'Arab' within those articles. The Charter is drenched in Arab'ness (or is it Arab'ism)?

Link?

You’re welcome

Palestine is an English word.
AD7BFEC5-35F1-47BF-8CE0-E5A525AF3249.jpeg

You’re welcome

Palestine is a European invention, as eminent Lebanese-American scholar Franck Salameh has written...
D2FBBEB5-C993-4352-9CFD-AB7E5208AD91.jpeg

The "Palestinian" people were only invented a few decades ago, and this has NEVER been about establishing a state for these made-up people. They exist only as a propaganda tool Arabs are using against Jews to try to deny them the one tiny little sliver of land they do control within in a vast expanse of land controlled by Arabs.

Forum List

Back