Owners refuse to show $750,000 house to gay couple

The fact that this is a story at all tells you just how screwed up the world has become. IT'S THEIR DAMN HOUSE!! And of course the owners have been doxxed and will no doubt be getting the usual death threats from rabid "Liberals".
Its a perfect Otis story.....

No, they didn't offer the asking price because they didn't get to see the house...
Yes and my comment was in response to someone claiming that their offer for full price was rejected--they were rejected for being gay and likely because you can tell they ain't got the money.

Yes and my comment was in response to someone claiming that their offer for full price was rejected--they were rejected for being gay and likely because you can tell they ain't got the money.

How can you tell that?

I used to work in a guitar store in San Diego years ago. Some guy walks in wearing dirty jeans, a flannel shirt and a dirty Padres ball cap.

He asked to see a number of Gibson Les Pauls we had on the wall. We indulged him, but had no doubt that he was just a tire-kicker. He finally decided on one. Given that it was a $6,500 guitar, and this guy lookoed like he didn't know where his next meal was coming from, we asked him if he'd like us to get the finance paperwork and his response was "No, I've got a card."

The guy pulls out an American Express card and his driver's license. It was J.J. Cale. That taught me to NEVER assume anything about someone...

Why do you hate them?

So your house is a piece of shit?

Noted. Doubtful they'd even want to see your hovel...

Do you understand how to sell a house?

If you want to sell your house for $450,000, you list it for $500,000. That way if someone wants to make an offer, you still get the money that you wanted for the house. If they don't make an offer, you get $50,000 more than what you expected.

If you want to sell your house for $450,000, you list it for $500,000. That way if someone wants to make an offer, you still get the money that you wanted for the house. If they don't make an offer, you get $50,000 more than what you expected.

I sold my late aunt's townhouse north of New York City three years ago. We listed it at $199,500.

We had received, and accepted, an offer of $218,900.

So, yeah, I know how to sell a house just fine..

53127043-10419543-image-m-53_1642616381241.jpg

• Luke Whitehouse and his partner Lachlan Mantell spotted the three-bed, semi-detached cottage as they looked to get on the property ladder
  • The couple who have been together for eight years contacted the vendors to arrange a viewing
  • Owners Luke Main, 33, a builder and his wife, Cambridge University medical physicist Dr Joanna Brunker, 34, asked them what their circumstances were
  • But when they explained that they are a gay couple, the owners refused to let them even view the house, let alone buy it
  • They cited passages from the Bible and said they could not sell the house to 'two men in a partnership.'
  • Fuming Luke, 34, told MailOnline: 'Initially for the first 10 seconds I laughed. I thought it was a joke.'
  • Estate agents Purple Bricks who were selling the property dropped the vendors as clients and apologised to Luke
  • But when contacted by MailOnline, Mr Main said he would have to speak to his wife, adding: 'Not that we're ashamed of what we said in any way'

If gays offered you your asking price on a house, would you sell it to them?
We renovated our home in Sydney and auctioned it.
Determined to sell it ...we set a high for the area, but reasonable reserve price.
It sold, thankfully.
The bidding crept up slowly and finally reached the reserve.
Agent asked us, "sell"?
We said "yes".
Sell to gay people? Illegal not to ...Discrimination Act 1975.
We would've sold to a herd of elephants out on the street waving bidding paddles if they'd had the cash...would've sold to anyone prior to auction if they'd offered enough.
Nothing wrong with gay money.

Last edited:
We renovated our home in Sydney and auctioned it.
Determined to sell it ...we set a high for the area, but reasonable reserve price.
It sold, thankfully.
The bidding crept up slowly and finally reached the reserve.
Agent asked us, "sell"?
We said "yes".
Sell to gay people? Illegal not to ...Discrimination Act 1975.
We would've sold to a herd of elephants out on the street waving bidding paddles if they'd had the cash...would've sold to anyone prior to auction if they'd offered enough.
Nothing wrong with gay money.
These anti-discrimination acts cause doubtful feelings. In some cases, they can actually enforce discrimination.

What if two families, one being a gay one and the other being a straight one, propose equal price and the owner has to choose between the two? Can the gays fill a charge against the owner citing this act if they are rejected?

Who the fuck names their kid "Lachlan"??
Rugby league legend Adrian Lam.
The brother of Rugby League legend Wally Lewis.
These anti-discrimination acts cause doubtful feelings. In some cases, they can actually enforce discrimination.

What if two families, one being a gay one and the other being a straight one, propose equal price and the owner has to choose between the two? Can the gays fill a charge against the owner citing this act if they are rejected?
They could file a complaint, Likely would be rejected, IMO.
But in the case of this thread, being rejected for even a viewing their complaint would be upheld.
Can't discriminate like that.

Rugby league legend Adrian Lam.
The brother of Rugby League legend Wally Lewis.

They could file a complaint, Likely would be rejected, IMO.
But in the case of this thread, being rejected for even a viewing their complaint would be upheld.
Can't discriminate like that.
Basically, it this case the owner is denied a right to have a say on what to do with their property. To whom they can sell it, who should be denied in etc.

We are hearing the exact same justifications these bigots used to stop blacks from buying houses in white neighborhoods.

And they are swinging around the same Bible they used to justify their hatred.

Same bullshit, different decade.

Hopefully the refuse to also sell to any divorced and remarried couples also. They are certainly going to narrow down their potential buyers if they are anything other than hypocritical.

"No, you are too fat, the Bible speaks on the evils of Gluttony".
Exactly. The Bible is nothing more than a prop for these hypocritical bigots.

They've obviously never cracked it open and read it.

Just like that twat in Kentucky who would not sign legal marriage licenses for gays even though she was on her fifth marriage.

The fact that this is a story at all tells you just how screwed up the world has become. IT'S THEIR DAMN HOUSE!! And of course the owners have been doxxed and will no doubt be getting the usual death threats from rabid "Liberals".
I hope these bigoted hypocrites are sued into oblivion.

In today's market, people are bidding higher than asking price.

This happened in the UK. Property-owners have very few rights there.
Landlords the world over were treating some tenants disgracefully.
In some places laws protecting tenants were introduced.
Tenants are paying money...contracts are being signed...money is changing hands...laws made by govts are involved.
The buck really stops with the govt.

Forum List

Back