Owners refuse to show $750,000 house to gay couple

If you really hate your neighbors sell your house to a Garage Band.
There are lots if unsavory people that I would not want to live next to

there is a YouTube video of a guy who owns land in rural michigan

which you might assume was a good place to be

but its an area with lots of junkyard trailer houses on 1/4 acre lots and his closest neighbors are druggies who trespass on his land

now he realizes he should have paid more for land with better neighbors

53127043-10419543-image-m-53_1642616381241.jpg

• Luke Whitehouse and his partner Lachlan Mantell spotted the three-bed, semi-detached cottage as they looked to get on the property ladder
  • The couple who have been together for eight years contacted the vendors to arrange a viewing
  • Owners Luke Main, 33, a builder and his wife, Cambridge University medical physicist Dr Joanna Brunker, 34, asked them what their circumstances were
  • But when they explained that they are a gay couple, the owners refused to let them even view the house, let alone buy it
  • They cited passages from the Bible and said they could not sell the house to 'two men in a partnership.'
  • Fuming Luke, 34, told MailOnline: 'Initially for the first 10 seconds I laughed. I thought it was a joke.'
  • Estate agents Purple Bricks who were selling the property dropped the vendors as clients and apologised to Luke
  • But when contacted by MailOnline, Mr Main said he would have to speak to his wife, adding: 'Not that we're ashamed of what we said in any way'

If gays offered you your asking price on a house, would you sell it to them?
Woksters love to be offended, other people move on.

• Luke Whitehouse and his partner Lachlan Mantell spotted the three-bed, semi-detached cottage as they looked to get on the property ladder
  • The couple who have been together for eight years contacted the vendors to arrange a viewing
  • Owners Luke Main, 33, a builder and his wife, Cambridge University medical physicist Dr Joanna Brunker, 34, asked them what their circumstances were
  • But when they explained that they are a gay couple, the owners refused to let them even view the house, let alone buy it
  • They cited passages from the Bible and said they could not sell the house to 'two men in a partnership.'
  • Fuming Luke, 34, told MailOnline: 'Initially for the first 10 seconds I laughed. I thought it was a joke.'
  • Estate agents Purple Bricks who were selling the property dropped the vendors as clients and apologised to Luke
  • But when contacted by MailOnline, Mr Main said he would have to speak to his wife, adding: 'Not that we're ashamed of what we said in any way'

Free country. Buy another house.

They didn't offer the asking price for the house----they likely given how the article is written don't have the money to get the house...Very hard to qualify for a house for a 750,000 $$$ home if you don't already own one----

You should have seen me a couple years ago when I thought that all fags needed to be executed.

Now I no longer believe that, but I still don't like them enough to give them breaks on money related issues.

Now, this is something which is likely obvious to all but the most retarded here, but if you list your house for $500K, and they offer you $500K, you're not giving them any break at all...

They didn't offer the asking price for the house----they likely given how the article is written don't have the money to get the house...Very hard to qualify for a house for a 750,000 $$$ home if you don't already own one----

No, they didn't offer the asking price because they didn't get to see the house...

Maybe their best friends live next door and they know they'd lose them as friends. That's the only reason I could see...

Yes, it is stupid to refuse them this couple is wrong.

Who the fuck names their kid "Lachlan"??

But that aside...

I would sell it to them, sure. I can't imagine why I wouldn't...

What is a Lachlan?
Lachlan is as Scottish as haggis and tartan plaid kilts—a favorite used throughout England, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand—and just beginning to be noticed in the US: it reached the Top 1000 for the first time in 2013. An ancient name, Lachlan was originally used to describe the Viking invaders of Scotland, those from the land of the lochs.
Lachlan: Name Meaning, Popularity, and Similar Names

What is a Lachlan?
Lachlan is as Scottish as haggis and tartan plaid kilts—a favorite used throughout England, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand—and just beginning to be noticed in the US: it reached the Top 1000 for the first time in 2013. An ancient name, Lachlan was originally used to describe the Viking invaders of Scotland, those from the land of the lochs.
Lachlan: Name Meaning, Popularity, and Similar Names

Thanks!

Forum List

Back