What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overactive immune systems.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Is what RA is all about. So I am wondering, will an OVERACTIVE immune system attack not only the joints, but maybe take a break and attack a different attacker....i.e. a virus? You get where I am going with this, right?

Fort Fun Indiana

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Is what RA is all about. So I am wondering, will an OVERACTIVE immune system attack not only the joints, but maybe take a break and attack a different attacker....i.e. a virus? You get where I am going with this, right?
Does that happen with all the other vaccines we take? No? Well...

Muhammed

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like many immune system diseases, RA is not very well understood yet.

OP
Gracie

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Correct. No clue what causes it. No cure. BUT...logic says...if it is over active and attacks joints which is considered an "enemy" of the body, wouldn't that same attack go against a virus? Seems so, to me. But I am no scientist or doctor, so who knows. RA sucks, but if it protects me from invasion as well as attacking my joints...then be my guest. Attack. Whatever enters, kill it. Except my joints, lol. Go easy on those. :spinner:

Muhammed

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Correct. No clue what causes it. No cure. BUT...logic says...if it is over active and attacks joints which is considered an "enemy" of the body, wouldn't that same attack go against a virus?
It would be nice if RA was that simple. But, unfortunately, it isn't that simple. It's much more complicated than that. :(

Not every problem has a simple answer.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List