Over sexualized youth

thanatos144

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2009
Stuart Florida
Last several nights at work these girls around my stepdaughters age (which is preteen to barely teen) Have been coming to the store dressed in little to just underwear. they are showing so much it is disturbing....We are not JUST talking tight pants or a belly shirt. No we are talking bra and panties just walking around the streets.....I would like to say this is a isolated incident but I am seeing young girls dress like this more and more. Wearing shorts so tiny their ass hangs out and you could tell if they need a trim.

What the hell happened to parents? If my stepdaughter even tried to leave the house like this she would be in for a swift surprise. Have we debased ourselves so much as a society that dressing 11 and 12 year old girls like hookers is a good thing? De we no longer teach our girls about self respect?

The over-sexualization that has pervaded our culture thanks to leftists has begun to take root in something now referred to as precocious menstruation. Girls far younger than ever before are beginning to menstruate due the stimuli of sex they see all around them.

Thanks to Love Generation. You guys were so special. You wanted to change the world and you did; you turned it into a vile toilet of debauchery.

The over-sexualization that has pervaded our culture thanks to leftists has begun to take root in something now referred to as precocious menstruation. Girls far younger than ever before are beginning to menstruate due the stimuli of sex they see all around them.

Thanks to Love Generation. You guys were so special. You wanted to change the world and you did; you turned it into a vile toilet of debauchery.

All that plus the pop-culture. Teens have always followed pop-culture trends. Now it is everything Miley.....:eusa_hand:

All that plus the pop-culture. Teens have always followed pop-culture trends. Now it is everything Miley.....:eusa_hand:

Yup....
I was just about to post my disappointment with Miley Cyrus.......

As with other things, we blame ourselves last, when we should be blaming ourselves (parents) first. Don't want your kid(s) dressing provocatively? Hey here's an idea, don't let them. A child or young adult doesn't reason very well, always exceptions of course, but by and large they don't. Sounds like this is some 'freedom of expression' run amok. The difference between expressing yourself freely and being stupid though is a fine line.

When you see the kids dressed objectionably, inform their parents. Like to think few know how their kids dress after what I'd hope was a quick change at their friend's. Shaming the kid themselves wont work and might only intensify the rebellion they're displaying. And certainly acknowledging negative behaviours only encourages more - no such thing as negative publicity. Make an attempt to at least contact parents. If nothing comes from that, contact the police and inquire what constitutes lewd and lascivious behaviour in your area. Even if legally dressed, a word from a uniformed officer or good talking to from a female officer can work wonders.

Yup....

Let us hope teens don't decide displaying disgusting, white-coated overlong tongues are somehow...cool! :eusa_hand:

Cyrus is an adult entertainer. To move past her Hannah Montana portrayl she had to do so in as provocatively a manner as possible. She had no obligation to stay 'virginal' and cute her entire career. Instead of blaming pop culture and celebrities blame yourselves if you're blaming anyone but yourself.

Kids shouldn't be idolizing celebrities in the first place. If you're kid is over-identifying with pop culture that's your fault for being an absent or otherwise disinterested parent.

Where's all this personal-responsibility I'm always hearing about?

Last edited:

Yup....

Let us hope teens don't decide displaying disgusting, white-coated overlong tongues are somehow...cool! :eusa_hand:

Twenty or thirty years from now we'll be looking back fondly at the good old days when the only thing kids displayed were their disgusting, white-coated overlong tongues.

Cyrus is an adult entertainer. To move past her Hannah Montana portrayl she had to do so in as provocatively a manner as possible. She had no obligation to stay 'virginal' and cute her entire career. Instead of blaming pop culture and celebrities blame yourselves if you're blaming anyone but yourself.

Kids shouldn't be idolizing celebrities in the first place. If you're kid is over-identifying with pop culture that's your fault for being an absent or otherwise disinterested parent.

Cyrus had no "obligation," however, she had established herself as the character, Hanna Montanna. Rather than building on the positive traits the character inspired, Cyrus made the conscious decision to turn them on their head.

Parents, and society in general have reacted: most teens have not immulated Cyrus, and her popularity has suffered.

She didn't have to she chose to act the slut. We can thank Madonna for girls thinking female power comes from being a stripper

tapatalk post

She didn't have to she chose to act the slut. We can thank Madonna for girls thinking female power comes from being a stripper

tapatalk post

on that note..... you can also thank the male audience wanting it that way. Sex sells.

Forum List

Back