Outliers don't disprove white privilege

I was raised in NM where Hispanics and black folks were represented prominently. I attended Phoenix Union HS in the spring of 1968 during the time that MLK was murdered. PUHS was an inner city high school with a large black population. I can tell you first hand that racism works both ways.
I was right outside DC when MLK was murdered. Blacks destroyed big sections of the city, and all our outings downtown - restaurants, stores, doctor‘s offices, etc. - were curtailed for months. Besides the fact that these businesses were destroyed, it wasn’t a good idea for whites to walk around down there. So I know all about black racism.

I was right outside DC when MLK was murdered. Blacks destroyed big sections of the city, and all our outings downtown - restaurants, stores, doctor‘s offices, etc. - were curtailed for months. Besides the fact that these businesses were destroyed, it wasn’t a good idea for whites to walk around down there. So I know all about black racism.
Jesus Christ. U was around when MLK was killed ? How old are you ?

No wonder your so bitter and angry. Take your bitter old ass to the grave

• Funny
Reactions: IM2
Many of us older white folks started our careers in the absence of minority people altogether. There was just us. Everything was lily white, as they say.

In my HS class of 300 there was 1 black girl, 1 Hispanic guy, 0 Asians.
You went to a funny school. My HS graduating class had about three hundred whites, the other nine hundred odd were various minorities, mostly Asian and Latino.

I was sixteen when MLK was killed. You are just a punk kid. No wonder you are so full of hatred, you have no frame of reference for how far civil rights have come.
Listen to how that punk kid talks to people old enough to be his parents! Absolutely no respect these days.

And you’re right - he has no frame of reference. While he moans and groans about “systemic racism,” he never actually lived it and thus doesn’t appreciate how far the country has come.

I was sixteen when MLK was killed. You are just a punk kid. No wonder you are so full of hatred, you have no frame of reference for how far civil rights have come.
No. No. I’m FAR from young. I’m in my early 40s. But you guys ? Jesus Christ. Your seriously old and there is nothing wrong with that. Bcoz I’ll hopefully get there one day

IM2 says he is 60 but there is wisdom there but you guys ? Man ur lost

• Funny
Reactions: IM2
I was 7 when King was killed. Essen is right about Lisa and you don't know anything about King besides one sentence you use on black people calling out your racism. Whites like you keep telling us to be happy with how far things have come. But we are not happy with a half done job. You talk about King, but John Lewis went to his grave telling us that we have not come far enough. And I think Lewis would know better than you about the lack of progress you refuse to see. General Powell who was a favored black by those like you for years until he had an independent thought, said the same thing as Lewis. So Paul is not the problem. You are.

Save your breath, you're talking to a useless millennial that figures the world owes him something. He hasn't done an honest day's work in his worthless life.
You don't know that. And Molly is an ignorant racist b----.. So she has nothing to say that anybody needs to hear. You guys are the one who feel that the world owes you something. Whites like you have an entitlement mentality believing that America is a white country.

Wisconsin.
I’d say the urban Northeast was fully segregated for generations. As I said, in the DC area, we always had blacks in class (60s and 70s), and my parents in NYC always had blacks in class (late 30s and 40s), including in each of their colleges.

I’d say the urban Northeast was fully segregated for generations. As I said, in the DC area, we always had blacks in class (60s and 70s), and my parents in NYC always had blacks in class (late 30s and 40s), including in each of their colleges.
The percentage of blacks in my city has steadily fallen over the decades, from a high of around 10 percent in the post WW2 era.

The percentage of blacks in my city has steadily fallen over the decades, from a high of around 10 percent in the post WW2 era.
I have no idea about the population trends in DC or NY, but I know DC proper is currently about 50% black, and just about everyone liberal.

It's kind of like saying that a man that is 4'11, means that there is no disparity in height, on average, between men and women. You can have tall women and short men, but, on average, men are taller. So pointing to successful black individuals, and, conversely, poor whites, doesn't say anything. There were rich black people during literal slavery, yet white privilege was still the reality. It's funny because if I said that all police were bad based on one racist cop, the same people who make these anecdotal arguments would say I'm generalizing. Anecdotal arguments are a very poor one.
1656456067684.png

Old people are generally wiser than young people,that’s why they lived to be old. Us Geriatrics know a thing or two.
I don’t know about wiser. Wisdom isn’t a function of age. However we are certainly more experienced and have made more mistakes that we hopefully have learned from.

I was 7 when King was killed. Essen is right about Lisa and you don't know anything about King besides one sentence you use on black people calling out your racism. Whites like you keep telling us to be happy with how far things have come. But we are not happy with a half done job. You talk about King, but John Lewis went to his grave telling us that we have not come far enough. And I think Lewis would know better than you about the lack of progress you refuse to see. General Powell who was a favored black by those like you for years until he had an independent thought, said the same thing as Lewis. So Paul is not the problem. You are.
There is old saying “half done is well begun”. What you refuse to do is to give us credit for the enormous strides we have made that we didn’t have to take. I agree that there is far to go to eradicate racism, but unlike you I can see that there are racist and unreasonable people on both sides.

There is old saying “half done is well begun”. What you refuse to do is to give us credit for the enormous strides we have made that we didn’t have to take. I agree that there is far to go to eradicate racism, but unlike you I can see that there are racist and unreasonable people on both sides.
You would not say that if you faced racism. You guys are whining about anti white racism that doesn't really exist. So just stop.

I don't see unreasonable racists on both sides. I see racists on one side, yours, and people sick and tired of that racism who those like you call unreasonable racists as you try gaslighting.

Forum List

Back