Out of all the films that you've seen, which ones have the saddest ending?

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Here is my list.

Back To The Future 3-To me, watching the train go over the track ending and explode before it even hits the ground is sad, especially when we see that the ravine was named after Marty.

Armageddon-If by any chance, there is someone here who hasn't seen this film, my mouth is closed.

Toy Story 3-To me, it is sad to see a kid outgrow their toys.

Forest Gump-Is there anyone here who hasn't seen this film?

Little Big League-In case you haven't seen this film before, it is about a kid who inherits the Minnesota Twins baseball team when his grandfather unexpectedly passes. The team goes to the kid because his dad had gone forward at some point earlier.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The ending of the movie "Charlie", based on the book Flowers for Algernon, has the saddest ending for me. If you haven't seen it, you NEED to. Cliff Robertson won Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal of Charlie. The book is outstanding as well. It's one of the few movies that have made me cry. But it's a GOOD cry because the story is so good.

I remember being a little kid, laying on the floor, in front of the TV, watching this weird old black and white movie called, "The Yearling" and it was wonderful. The kid had his own baby deer! And then the end crushed my soul...
One of my most favorite late singers was in a Broadway production named The Yearling in the mid 1960's. Were you watching him? Go here for his page. Steve Sanders is his name.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I will have to think about this one.
Hmmmm. So many sad endings out there.
Here's one that had me crying for HOURS..........Born Free.

I know MASK was really sad.
Charlottes Web
Brokeback Mountain
Steel Magnolias
Thelma and Louise
Imitation of Life (1959)
Seven
American Beauty
A.I.
They Shoot Horses Don't They
Looking for Mr. Goodbar
Philidelphia
Terms of Endearment
Silent Running

I've seen Pans Labrynth and American History X.......which are supposed to have sad endings, but I don't remember them.

Last edited:
The Pawnbroker was so sad that I had to stop watching it. In the book, the ending was a bit uplifting, but I couldn't make it that far seeing the suffering of the main character portrayed by Rod Steiger.

Here is my list.

Back To The Future 3-To me, watching the train go over the track ending and explode before it even hits the ground is sad, especially when we see that the ravine was named after Marty.

Armageddon-If by any chance, there is someone here who hasn't seen this film, my mouth is closed.

Toy Story 3-To me, it is sad to see a kid outgrow their toys.

Forest Gump-Is there anyone here who hasn't seen this film?

Little Big League-In case you haven't seen this film before, it is about a kid who inherits the Minnesota Twins baseball team when his grandfather unexpectedly passes. The team goes to the kid because his dad had gone forward at some point earlier.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
i would have to say A Walk To Remember (2002).

Forum List

Back