Our youth are lost... shooting in TN just another example.. we need Christianity to return

Interesting how people accuse Christians of causing evil

But when our nation was Christian, which it was up until.. I dunno.. 2020?

We didn't have school shootings every other week. The suicide rate has gone up for teens.... We are sick

We need Jesus. But everyone thinks we can do just fine without Him

I don't know that Christianity is the solution, but without a doubt a belief in God and the afterlife. Surveys show that as time goes on, a belief of religion or God declines every year. Now people believe they can kill or torture others with impunity; there is no price to pay. You kill yourself or the police kill you, everything goes blank like when they put you under for surgery.

My parents sent me to a Catholic school which was very boring at the time. I found too much contradiction in the religion so when I got older, quit going to church and never adhered to the Catholic way of doing things. But....... I thank my parents for bringing me up in a religious environment because I still believe in God and the afterlife, if I'm deserving of such a place. I was no angel but my beliefs kept me out of real trouble and I've always tried to treat people the best I could.

I'd almost settle for the return of the Roman Empire. They knew how to deal with murderers and thieves.

crucified-slaves.jpg
Well, I don't think thieves should be crucified... depends on what they steal???

elections?

I don't know that Christianity is the solution, but without a doubt a belief in God and the afterlife. Surveys show that as time goes on, a belief of religion or God declines every year. Now people believe they can kill or torture others with impunity; there is no price to pay. You kill yourself or the police kill you, everything goes blank like when they put you under for surgery.

My parents sent me to a Catholic school which was very boring at the time. I found too much contradiction in the religion so when I got older, quit going to church and never adhered to the Catholic way of doing things. But....... I thank my parents for bringing me up in a religious environment because I still believe in God and the afterlife, if I'm deserving of such a place. I was no angel but my beliefs kept me out of real trouble and I've always tried to treat people the best I could.
Well, no offense but being good according to your definition may not cut it in the end. That is the reason Christ set up a Church and the reason the original Church.... is what it is.

That is the reason it should never substantially change. God does not change. Jesus does not change and He is God.

So why are humans so into change? And of course, it is, these days, change for the worst.

As St Paul said "It is necessary that we undergo many hardships in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven"

Just being a good person according to your own definition of such

is insufficient.

Trust me, Christianity has evolved since then. Even Judaism was pretty barbaric throughout Old Testament times, with millions smoted and smited.
Well, if they were smited as a result of God's desiring them to be smited, we can't have a problem with it

Those shooters were fags too. Puny little involuntarily-celibate pukes and tyrants who love power and the use of force to exercise their authority over helpless people

Kinda like Democrats, if you think about it.
LOL

but so true

yeh, you--cceo or whatever--- probably think we need the anti-Christ Maoists to return

or the anti-Christ Nazis

or the anti-Christ Stalinists

not to worry!

See the story of Kermit Gosnell. Nazism made a come back in 1973 with R v Wade

Well, no offense but being good according to your definition may not cut it in the end. That is the reason Christ set up a Church and the reason the original Church.... is what it is.

That is the reason it should never substantially change. God does not change. Jesus does not change and He is God.

So why are humans so into change? And of course, it is, these days, change for the worst.

As St Paul said "It is necessary that we undergo many hardships in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven"

Just being a good person according to your own definition of such

is insufficient.

Which is the talk that stopped me from following the Catholic religion. Like what about all the people not exposed to the new testament, are they all going to hell? The Jewish, the Indians, the Muslims, the Asians? You see that doesn't make any sense to me at all.

When a religion has to scare you to follow their ways, it's reason to be suspicious. As for myself I've always been a skeptic about everything unless their is verifiable evidence to the contrary, and people who wrote books thousands of years ago, has been interpreted dozens and dozens of times just doesn't cut it with me. I need more than just questionable words to be convinced.

My belief in God doesn't come from the Bible. My belief from God comes from nature shows. When you think of the barren life-less universe and all it's planets, then investigate what takes place on this planet, it's clear evidence enough a supreme being exists. Nature shows show the amazing animals and insects with brains no bigger than a pinhead doing all these wonderful things can't be a coincidence. It has to be orchestrated somehow by somebody. These dozens if not hundreds of things go on without us thinking about it every single day.

Which is the talk that stopped me from following the Catholic religion. Like what about all the people not exposed to the new testament, are they all going to hell? The Jewish, the Indians, the Muslims, the Asians? You see that doesn't make any sense to me at all.

When a religion has to scare you to follow their ways, it's reason to be suspicious. As for myself I've always been a skeptic about everything unless their is verifiable evidence to the contrary, and people who wrote books thousands of years ago, has been interpreted dozens and dozens of times just doesn't cut it with me. I need more than just questionable words to be convinced.

My belief in God doesn't come from the Bible. My belief from God comes from nature shows. When you think of the barren life-less universe and all it's planets, then investigate what takes place on this planet, it's clear evidence enough a supreme being exists. Nature shows show the amazing animals and insects with brains no bigger than a pinhead doing all these wonderful things can't be a coincidence. It has to be orchestrated somehow by somebody. These dozens if not hundreds of things go on without us thinking about it every single day.

God will take care of all those not exposed to the New T or other Christian stuff. Just because we can't answer ALL questions about God does not mean we should ditch him. And it is a myth that TRUE Catholicism (there are a few false versions and most people don't know the real from the false but in any case it is a myth that true Catholicism) "made up doctrines" to scare people. If you believe that, you have to believe the entire Bible is a lie.

It is not wrong to see God in nature. We all do that (hopefully) whether Catholic or pagan or whatever

Without a doubt, the violence and crime in this country has gone up in DIRECT PROPORTION
to the increase in progressivism and the decrease in wholesome christian teaching and family values.

View attachment 770738

too bad only normal people see this

As you may have noticed, there's been a serious uptick in... abnormal

esp since 2020

God will take care of all those not exposed to the New T or other Christian stuff. Just because we can't answer ALL questions about God does not mean we should ditch him. And it is a myth that TRUE Catholicism (there are a few false versions and most people don't know the real from the false but in any case it is a myth that true Catholicism) "made up doctrines" to scare people. If you believe that, you have to believe the entire Bible is a lie.

I believe that because my parents sent me to a Catholic school. In fact I was an altar boy at our church. I know what they used to teach. I don't believe in this horrible place where you burn in fire for eternity. Yes, that's what they taught us. It makes no sense to me because punishment is used to stop people (or pets) from doing bad things in the future. It's used to provide a deterrent to others who may consider doing bad things. So eternal punishment makes no sense whatsoever.

That doesn't mean that I believe everybody goes to heaven. I believe if you were a bad person, you simply die and are robbed of eternal life whatever that may be. I really don't know. What I don't believe is that you have to follow a certain religion or certain teachings to get to heaven even if you were a good person most of your life.

I never said ditch what you believe, just don't be so sure your beliefs are the only ones to make it to eternal life. That's why I stopped following religions; that and like your statement that others not exposed to Christianity get a free pass from God.

That's why I stopped following religions; that and like your statement that others not exposed to Christianity get a free pass from God.

Don't put words in my mouth. I did NOT say that at all and you know it.

And again, what YOU think does not matter or what any human thinks... God is what He is and He does not change (Truth does not change) to accommodate you or anyone else. And the Church Christ established, the Catholic Church (the real one, not the fake one at the Vatican) teaches Hell because it exists, not because of some cynically-claimed BS that the Church had to scare people and blah blahblah...

I know Hell exists. Maybe what I have been through in life is highly unusual and so that's why no one seems to get me... Maybe as difficult as my life has been, I have nonetheless been shown things... things GOD apparently wanted me to know (not merely believe) about this and related matters.

But since no one seems to understand me, i don't see why I should waste time & energy trying to elaborate....

Seek and you will find (is all I can say)

Forum List

Back