....Our economy in 2021 = grew by nearly 6%....

Now the Trumpsters pretend they don't care about GDP, when they CROWED about Trump's LOWER numbers.

And like children, they think the adults won't notice.

:auiqs.jpg:

Anyway:

FKHXC7EWYAYtCb_

If you are signing off on that post above as "Jesus".....well, that's curious. Hispanic?
Or do you speak for THAT guy?

Ah, just having fun at your expense poster.

More seriously, I am a mere reporter.
I shared with the forum what a Toyota salesman told me about 3 weeks ago as I had my pick-up serviced. I had time to wait so wandered into the empty showroom and saw my guy.
I asked about the emptiness and then inquired about how hard it must be without cars. And that's when he told me he and his colleagues had a banner year. I believed him. He's been honorable with me over my two purchases of a Tundra and then a Tacoma. He's a good guy, IMHO.

One thing he did tell me is "There is no negotiating. The price the management puts on the vehicle...is the price. Take it or leave it."
And......virtually every vehicle they are allocated by Toyota is pre-sold. With a waiting list.
So, if you want a silver Sequoia or Highlander from them, put your name on the list, leave a deposit.

When they are informed on the allocation and have an ETA.....they'll call you. Maybe there will be a silver one on it, maybe not. And, hopefully, there weren't too many buyers ahead of you for any color that shows up.

I think my guy is credible. Maybe more so than an anonymous poster on an internet chatroom who uses a fake name.
NOT......that my avatar wishes to throw shade on anyone. ;)
Your guy is credible?? HAhaha..... so, let me get this straight. Some guy you say works at a car lot says they are having their best year when the entire nation is suffering a new car sales collapse?? Almost half the sales of pre-covid fella... but nooo... this guy...yeah... he's the guy... he knows!!

Like I say.... funny stuff

Oh c'mon, car salesmen know it all!
Locals told you this is a great economy? Lol just lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I regret if I was not clear.

Lemme try again:
The 'car salesman' who told me what he told me has been a stand up guy over my two purchases and follow along communications with him over 5years. I have no reason to call him a liar when he said that he had had a great year in 2021, as had his colleagues. I trust the guy on that. You may not. That's your call.

As far as "Lass's' assertion that "locals" told me we have "a great economy"....well, no. That is not what they said, poster 'Lass'.

What they told me, is that the operations that they manage had a great year in 2021. And that they and their 'bonus'-level staff had all maxed out well before the end of the year ....because......well, because sales and profits were so good.

So, none of 'em told me the national economy was great.
But the all said....their stores did great.

And, with other anecdotal reports in other geographies from other sources, what my local contacts experienced does not seem to be an outlier. Some retailers in some industries did great. (if you ran a string of movie theatres, well, not so much)

But your mileage may vary. You may be having hard times. The rising tide may not be lifting your boat.
That is regrettable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I regret if I was not clear.

Lemme try again:
The 'car salesman' who told me what he told me has been a stand up guy over my two purchases and follow along communications with him over 5years. I have no reason to call him a liar when he said that he had had a great year in 2021, as had his colleagues. I trust the guy on that. You may not. That's your call.

As far as "Lass's' assertion that "locals" told me we have "a great economy"....well, no. That is not what they said, poster 'Lass'.

What they told me, is that the operations that they manage had a great year in 2021. And that they and their 'bonus'-level staff had all maxed out well before the end of the year ....because......well, because sales and profits were so good.

So, none of 'em told me the national economy was great.
But the all said....their stores did great.

And, with other anecdotal reports in other geographies from other sources, what my local contacts experienced does not seem to be an outlier. Some retailers in some industries did great. (if you ran a string of movie theatres, well, not so much)

But your mileage may vary. You may be having hard times. The rising tide may not be lifting your boat.
That is regrettable.

Scroll up then try again

Funny what $3.4 trillion in gubnent hand outs will do.... eh?

Well, I can't say what was "funny" about the stimulus. Nor can I speak authoritatively on the amount....$3.4 trillion per the poster above.

But what I think I saw was that the 'Covid Stimulus' investments made into the American people helped signficantly to forestall/prevent an economic disaster of even greater proportions. Our lot in America could have been so much worse without the stimulus.

And, as I've read in this very thread: Today's American economy is the strongest in the world. We have 'recovered' from the Covid shock of 2020 much much better than the rest of the world. The situation is by no means perfect, but we are prospering better than the rest.

So, I would urge any here...even if the rising tide did not raise your boat......I would urge all to take comfort in that it could have been so much worse.

IMHO

REAL EARNINGS – DECEMBER 2021

All employees

Real average hourly earnings for all employees increased 0.1 percent from November to December,
seasonally adjusted, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. This result stems from an
increase of 0.6 percent in average hourly earnings combined with an increase of 0.5 percent in the
Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U).

Real average weekly earnings increased 0.1 percent over the month due to the change in real average
hourly earnings combined with no change in the average workweek.

Real average hourly earnings decreased 2.4 percent, seasonally adjusted, from December 2020 to
December 2021. The change in real average hourly earnings combined with no change in the average
workweek resulted in a 2.3-percent decrease in real average weekly earnings over this period.

Real wages - wages adjusted for inflation, IOW purchasing power. It's kinda hard to get enthused about the above numbers.

AND

The labor force participation rate in the US was unchanged at 61.9% in Dec 2021, remaining still 1.5 pct points lower than in Feb 2020 before the pandemic got going.
Source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics

So, fewer people are working now than before the pandemic. Should we be thrilled about that and pat ourselves on the back.

But what I think I saw was that the 'Covid Stimulus' investments made into the American people helped signficantly to forestall/prevent an economic disaster of even greater proportions. Our lot in America could have been so much worse without the stimulus.
I think that is true (JMO, I ain't an economist either). BUT - the amount of money that was pumped into the economy by the gov't instead of the private sector that actually produces stuff (economic growth) over the past 2 years or so, combined with the pent-up demand as people got out of the lockdowns and social distancing has led to the increase in inflation and what I think is a false indicator in the GDP number for economic growth. Throw in the Fed's QE program and the supply chain problems, and here we are. It's tough to sell the idea to Americans across the country that the economy is doing so much better when their income doesn't go up as much as their cost of living. True, some of that stimulus money was spent under Trump, but it's also fair to point out that if the democrats had their way that spending woulda been a lot more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
No deflection intended whatsoever.

Yes, the temporary distribution of Covid relief funds was......temporary.
And often stated as such.

And once our economy stabilized.....like now.....the measues were going to be throttled back. There should be no misunderstanding on that.

But, the economy was saved by it.
We are benefitting now because of it.

Our prospects going forward are now better for it.

Sure, there will be adjustments when those measures are re-calibrated.
But we are now in a much better position to make those adjustments than we were when the tidal-wave of misfortune was bearing down on us.....and the world.....in 2020.

The inescapable reality we must be grateful for is this: the American economy is the strongest economy currently.

And that is because of the wisdom ---and the courage ----to make the investment in the American people that we did.
What happens when the MNCs start paying back the Fed in April or May?
The money that was loose will be gone and billionaires will still be billionaires.

GDP was up 5.7% for all of 2021 while inflation was up 7% for just the last 2 months of the year. Inflation averaged 4.7% for the entire year.
GDP was up 5.7%...Even you can't be that stupid..the MNCs were spending money left and right on Commercial & Residential construction.

Haha... everything with you is Trump.
Always Trump.
Funny thing... America existed before Trump... and has existed after him.
Another funny thing... Obama spent more than the previous 5 Presidents before him combined.
Another funny thing... you bet your ass Trump went on a spending spree... but if Biden would have got his way... he would have set a whole new record.

Haha... everything with you is Trump.
Always Trump.
Funny thing... America existed before Trump... and has existed after him.
Another funny thing... Obama spent more than the previous 5 Presidents before him combined.
Another funny thing... you bet your ass Trump went on a spending spree... but of Biden got his way... he would have set a whole new record.
Too bad, Trumpster.

Downplay the same numbers you would have LOVED for Trump.

It's what you are.

Too bad, Trumpster.

Downplay the same numbers you would have LOVED for Trump.

It's what you are.
Get a load of Mac here... :D
He makes 35 Trump threads a day, can't type a full sentence without including Trump... and we are the "Trumpsters"
Mac the Clown

Sean Hannity and the other Fox News hosts can no longer deny it: Joe Biden is the greatest president in recent American history. Under Biden's leadership, the U.S. economy grew by a massive 5.7% in the last 12 months, and by 6.9% in the last quarter, marking the strongest surge of economic activity since the days of St. Ronald Wilson Reagan Himself. Even in the midst of a devastating pandemic, the Biden recovery is now approaching the economic output that would have happened had the pandemic not happened at all.

But Biden accomplished this feat despite being saddled with both a pandemic and a Donald Trump economy that had crashed, cratered, nosedived, gone corpse-like, and joined the choir eternal. Under Donald Trump, the economy crashed; under Biden, the economy is soaring. Obviously, that makes Biden one of the greatest presidents to ever inhabit the office, and Fox News can no longer deny it. This sort of thing is their wheelhouse: Numbers That Prove Things are the fortified coffee that gets their hosts up in the morning.

We eagerly await the analysis from Hannity himself as he contemplates how his treason-loving crooked leader failed so utterly that the U.S. economy was brought to its knees, but the completely boring, "barely" campaigning Democratic new guy was able to fix it all in just his first year of office.

And the economy can only get better as the pandemic, and inflation eases. Makes you wonder what the poutrage industry will come up with next.

Forum List

Back