....Our economy in 2021 = grew by nearly 6%....

There are some sheep here... but the OP really takes the cake.

If I understand the above post, poster Iam is suggesting the economy did NOT grow in 2021?
If it did not grow as we are being told.....what did it do?
Did it shrink?
If so, by how much?
And how do you know?

To my non-economist eye.....I see many many ads and commentary that there are plenty of jobs available in the economy. Again, to my non-economist eye....that is a sign of strength, of growth. Sure, there are nuances to it, but employers seeking employees is not a bad thing.

I talk to managers of the big-box building stores that I trade with....their sales are great. Annual bonuses have been maxed out mid-year. Same with the farm retailers.....they are going gang-busters.

I spoke with the Toyotal salesman I bought my truck from several years ago....he told me every salesperson on staff made more money in 2021 than they did in any previous year.

Other stores I patronize....are busy. The manager of the alcohol beverages in the big grocery/super-store we frequent tells me that they have had a great year and all of the craft brewers, distillers, and cider-makers he deals with also had a fantabulous year.

So there are good things going on out there for many many people. If you are missing out on any of that, well, that is regrettable.

U.S. economy grew 5.7 percent in 2021, fastest full-year clip since 1984, despite ongoing pandemic​

GDP report by Bureau of Economic Analysis offers the latest snapshot of a resilient recovery​

Jobs and inflation were on the rise in the pandemic’s second year. The Bureau of Economic Analysis also said the economy grew 6.9 percent in the year’s final three months.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearly, our economy is robust. Jobs are plentiful. Demand is strong. Wages are rising. The largest assett owned by Americans --their home -- is increasing in value.

To be sure, there are issues that are being addressed. Inflation --- too much money chasing too few goods --- is one. But that is a symptom of such a robust economy.
Bullshit lies.

Bullshit lies.

OK, Mike.....we hear you.
But if what I posted were "lies"......well then, what is the truth?

Did the economy shrink?
If so, by how much?
And how do you know?

If you say the opening post was lies...then that suggests you know the truth that counters those "lies".
OK. What is the truth?

Here's your chance to show the forum your chops.

Did the economy shrink?
If so, by how much?
And how do you know?

If you say the opening post was lies...then that suggests you know the truth that counters those "lies".
OK. What is the truth?

The way it works, if I post anything and I'm not because I don't really know why other than Biden took over, you will just deny it, like you did. Leftists all spew bullshit. Proven daily. Now post, "so you got nothing".

The way it works, if I post anything and I'm not because I don't know why other than Biden took over, you will just deny it, like you did. Leftists all spew bullshit. Proven daily. Now post, "so you got nothing".

He keeps skimming past inflation has ate up any so called gains

Did the economy shrink?
If so, by how much?
And how do you know?

OK. What is the truth?

If they don't like it, it's lies. Fake news.

That's about as deep as it gets.

If I understand the above post, poster Iam is suggesting the economy did NOT grow in 2021?
If it did not grow as we are being told.....what did it do?
Did it shrink?
If so, by how much?
And how do you know?

To my non-economist eye.....I see many many ads and commentary that there are plenty of jobs available in the economy. Again, to my non-economist eye....that is a sign of strength, of growth. Sure, there are nuances to it, but employers seeking employees is not a bad thing.

I talk to managers of the big-box building stores that I trade with....their sales are great. Annual bonuses have been maxed out mid-year. Same with the farm retailers.....they are going gang-busters.

I spoke with the Toyotal salesman I bought my truck from several years ago....he told me every salesperson on staff made more money in 2021 than they did in any previous year.

Other stores I patronize....are busy. The manager of the alcohol beverages in the big grocery/super-store we frequent tells me that they have had a great year and all of the craft brewers, distillers, and cider-makers he deals with also had a fantabulous year.

So there are good things going on out there for many many people. If you are missing out on any of that, well, that is regrettable.

Hahaha.... uh huh..

U.S. Car sales........ is almost half of pre covid. "Better than anyother year"... FFS kid are you even trying?
Have you not seen the empty lots everywhere??
Jesus.

There are issues with the stimulus, like the oversight in the distribution of funds.
But, again, that's not what we are talking about. We are talking about this economy.
Stimulatory effects always wear off. That’s why Trump’s tax cuts stirred a little growth in 2018 but didn’t in 2019. By 2022 hopefully the economy is ready to fly on its own.

But no one is going to complain about higher than expected GDP growth unless they’re truly sad.

You're trying to put lipstick on a pig
---------------------------------------------------------------
Well, that is a colorful saying that has been around for a while,
But more germane, poster Lass, is that I am a mere reporter on this issue.
I ain't an economist.
I'm a long retired business guy who now farms a bit because it's fun (not trying to feed China).

I offered the forum what I saw in today's Washington Post (see the link)
I did not make up those numbers. How could I? Why would I?
And, I offered the forum what I have been told by a good handful of retail managers who I have relationships with. They tell me their experiences....I shared 'em here. I did not fib about what they said. And I highly.....highly....doubt that they fibbed on what they said.

If you don't believe the reportage or the experiences I shared.....OK, cool.
Do you have reportage or experiences that you can share?
Perhaps, could even clarify, dispute, expand on the OP?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Well, that is a colorful saying that has been around for a while,
But more germane, poster Lass, is that I am a mere reporter on this issue.
I ain't an economist.
I'm a long retired business guy who now farms a bit because it's fun (not trying to feed China).

I offered the forum what I saw in today's Washington Post (see the link)
I did not make up those numbers. How could I? Why would I?
And, I offered the forum what I have been told by a good handful of retail managers who I have relationships with. They tell me their experiences....I shared 'em here. I did not fib about what they said. And I highly.....highly....doubt that they fibbed on what they said.

If you don't believe the reportage or the experiences I shared.....OK, cool.
Do you have reportage or experiences that you can share?
Perhaps, could even clarify, dispute, expand on the OP?

This is not a healthy economy, you're being lied to

U.S. Car sales........ is almost half of pre covid. "Better than anyother year"... FFS kid are you even trying?
Have you not seen the empty lots everywhere??
Jesus.

If you are signing off on that post above as "Jesus".....well, that's curious. Hispanic?
Or do you speak for THAT guy?

Ah, just having fun at your expense poster.

More seriously, I am a mere reporter.
I shared with the forum what a Toyota salesman told me about 3 weeks ago as I had my pick-up serviced. I had time to wait so wandered into the empty showroom and saw my guy.
I asked about the emptiness and then inquired about how hard it must be without cars. And that's when he told me he and his colleagues had a banner year. I believed him. He's been honorable with me over my two purchases of a Tundra and then a Tacoma. He's a good guy, IMHO.

One thing he did tell me is "There is no negotiating. The price the management puts on the vehicle...is the price. Take it or leave it."
And......virtually every vehicle they are allocated by Toyota is pre-sold. With a waiting list.
So, if you want a silver Sequoia or Highlander from them, put your name on the list, leave a deposit.

When they are informed on the allocation and have an ETA.....they'll call you. Maybe there will be a silver one on it, maybe not. And, hopefully, there weren't too many buyers ahead of you for any color that shows up.

I think my guy is credible. Maybe more so than an anonymous poster on an internet chatroom who uses a fake name.
NOT......that my avatar wishes to throw shade on anyone. ;)

This is not a healthy economy, you're being lied to
-------------------------------------------------------------
Who is doing the lying to me, poster Lass?

I told you what the men who I know who run the local Lowe's, the local Home Depot, the local TSC, the local Toyota dealership.......tell me.

I know I ain't lying to the forum on what I heard.
And I highly......highly.....doubt these men who I've known for some years over numerous involved transactions....are lying to me.

So who's lying?
And how would you know?
And what is the truth from these men that you think you now know?
I am curious.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Who is doing the lying to me, poster Lass?

I told you what the men who I know who run the local Lowe's, the local Home Depot, the local TSC, the local Toyota dealership.......tell me.

I know I ain't lying to the forum on what I heard.
And I highly......highly.....doubt these men who I've known for some years over numerous involved transactions....are lying to me.

So who's lying?
And how would you know?
And what is the truth from these men that you think you now know?
I am curious.

Locals told you this is a great economy? Lol just lol

We need to get back to the sub 3% growth of Trump’s economic miracle. Then we will really be set.

Dude, GDP isn't an accurate barometer of economic growth. Too many variables are left out.

Now how about that 7% inflation destroying the middle and lower class?

Dude, GDP isn't an accurate barometer of economic growth. Too many variables are left out.

Now how about that 7% inflation destroying the middle and lower class?
Yeah! Who ever heard of GDP being used as a marker of economic growth? I mean, besides everyone using GDP as the most important marker of economic growth.

Forum List

Back