Other people's money: Should people who don't pay taxes be allowed to vote?

If you don't pay taxes should you be allowed to vote

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Been thinking about this ever since barry became POTUS, how fair is it that people that don't pay a dime to support the country can vote in politicians who will buy them off with entitlements using other people's money.

This trade off of votes for entitlements is highlighted by Barry's latest call to arms to minorities and woman to come out and support him in the mid terms. Obama has been pandering to Latinos while states like Arizona are litterally drowning in illeagals, and instead of addressing the problem his big reaction is to go after the state government that was forced to do his job.

So back to the theme of this, do you believe its ethical to use the voting process to take money from people who earn it and give it to those who do not.

I am not talking Constitution here, as it clearly is, although the founders would do flip flops in their graves if they saw how their ideas are now perverted.

How many people, do you suppose, served, was wounded or even died for this nation who never paid a dime in taxes?

Your childish notion of fairness demands a very narrow view of reality, Xen.
:thup:

Been thinking about this ever since barry became POTUS, how fair is it that people that don't pay a dime to support the country can vote in politicians who will buy them off with entitlements using other people's money.

This trade off of votes for entitlements is highlighted by Barry's latest call to arms to minorities and woman to come out and support him in the mid terms. Obama has been pandering to Latinos while states like Arizona are litterally drowning in illeagals, and instead of addressing the problem his big reaction is to go after the state government that was forced to do his job.

So back to the theme of this, do you believe its ethical to use the voting process to take money from people who earn it and give it to those who do not.

I am not talking Constitution here, as it clearly is, although the founders would do flip flops in their graves if they saw how their ideas are now perverted.

How many people, do you suppose, served, was wounded or even died for this nation who never paid a dime in taxes?

Your childish notion of fairness demands a very narrow view of reality, Xen.
:thup:
You should have read my answer before giving a thumbs up to his silly post ravs, just sayin.

Originally Posted by Xenophon Been thinking about this ever since barry became POTUS, how fair is it that people that don't pay a dime to support the country can vote in politicians who will buy them off with entitlements using other people's money.
You show you are a Partisan Hack when you imply Obama rather than Bush tried to buy the votes of non payers created by the Bush tax cuts passed by the GOP BEFORE Obama became POTUS.
Who is the current POTUS genius.
Again, how could Obama have bought off the voters that don't pay a dime when the Bush tax cuts were passed before Obama was elected and you CON$ keep accusing Obama of wanting to raise EVERYONE'S taxes?????
Obviously if Obama wants to raise EVERYONE'S taxes there will be less voters paying no income taxes!!!!!

Your implying Obama is buying votes is obvious PARTISAN hackery!!!

You should have read my answer before giving a thumbs up to his silly post ravs, just sayin.
I did. You might want to put a little more work into your OPs.
Didn't need to, it works as intended.

The foolish, the partisan and the non critical thinkers will all assume and jump in, just as we have seen.

Notice that at least three seperate posters attempted to 'create' my opinion rather then address the question.

I find such things far more illuminating, it shows me that many people don't actually read what is written, they glance at it and insert what they WISH to believe into it.

Thus i have people telling me what I think or what i am.

Its far more fun to point this out and mock it as needed then to make it easy for you with long dissertations they few will read and fewer will understand.

Your feeble and infantile attempts to backpedal are laughable. Were you trying to say something so mild as you suggest, you WOULD have spelled it out.

So, we add LIAR to the definition of you.

You and Barack:

http://eipnetworks.com/clear.mp3

You act as if I give a shit what you think. Once again a poor assumption on your part. I also have a hunch that Xeno's poll isn't turning out quite the way he assumed it would, either. You two have much in common.
I had no preconcieved notion how it would turn out mon simpleton, that is why its a poll.

It is fun watching you expose yourself as a boob yet again however.

Reminds me of the time when you lied to the entire forum and claimed you 'saw the light' and opposed Obama, how long did that last, 2 days? :lol:

Unlike yourself, I give Obama praise when he does something I agree with, but I also call him out when he does something I do not agree with. It's called being an Independent thinker. You should try it sometime.

Again, how could Obama have bought off the voters that don't pay a dime when the Bush tax cuts were passed before Obama was elected and you CON$ keep accusing Obama of wanting to raise EVERYONE'S taxes?????
Get back on the meds, seriously.

Obviously if Obama wants to raise EVERYONE'S taxes there will be less voters paying no income taxes!!!!!
This entire thread is way above you, isn't it.

I really should include a simpler version for people, ah, my work is never done.

Your imagination is running away with you again, and if you don't calm down you will give yourself a stroke.

You sound like a damn fool going on about tax cuts, taxes are the money that belongs to the citizens, its not government money, you are trying to claim that voters need to be bribed into voting for someone who won't steal from them as much as someone else, which might be an interesting thread in its own right, but not the focus here.

The focus here is do you believe people should be allowed to vote on politicains if they themselves don't kick in to the public trust.

Its a simple question, try answering it without the hystronics or the attempts to 'but booooooosh' me to death.

Unlike yourself, I give Obama praise when he does something I agree with, but I also call him out when he does something I do not agree with. It's called being an Independent thinker. You should try it sometime.
Ha ha ha, name one time you didn't agree with Barry and 'called him out on it.'

There is nothing to praise Obama on, as I have yet toi see him do anything worth praising.

There is nothing to praise Obama on, as I have yet toi see him do anything worth praising.

His handling of the healthcare deal. The shady back room deals with individual states and the labor unions. As you so eloquently pointed out in an earlier post. Do you have memory issues too?

His handling of the healthcare deal. The shady back room deals with individual states and the labor unions. As you so eloquently pointed out in an earlier post. Do you have memory issues too?

Funny how we never saw any of that, in fact what we did see was you attacking protestors against that bill.

According to the constitution they can, but obviously the people who don't pay taxes are going to vote for the person who gives them more freebies... Which I'm not sure if that is right for them to have a say in where my tax money goes when they themselves don't pay taxes.

I don't think many liberals on here would want me telling them what to do with their money.

Funny how we never saw any of that, in fact what we did see was you attacking protestors against that bill.

That's odd....especially since you POS rep'd me for my comments when I called Obama out!

Originally Posted by Xenophon Been thinking about this ever since barry became POTUS, how fair is it that people that don't pay a dime to support the country can vote in politicians who will buy them off with entitlements using other people's money.
You show you are a Partisan Hack when you imply Obama rather than Bush tried to buy the votes of non payers created by the Bush tax cuts passed by the GOP BEFORE Obama became POTUS.
Who is the current POTUS genius.

Get back on the meds, seriously.

This entire thread is way above you, isn't it.

I really should include a simpler version for people, ah, my work is never done.

Your imagination is running away with you again, and if you don't calm down you will give yourself a stroke.

You sound like a damn fool going on about tax cuts, taxes are the money that belongs to the citizens, its not government money, you are trying to claim that voters need to be bribed into voting for someone who won't steal from them as much as someone else, which might be an interesting thread in its own right, but not the focus here.

The focus here is do you believe people should be allowed to vote on politicains if they themselves don't kick in to the public trust.

Its a simple question, try answering it without the hystronics or the attempts to 'but booooooosh' me to death.
When you stoop to personal insults you admit you're loosing the argument.

As a typical partisan hack, you are pissed that the GOP attempts to buy votes with tax cuts failed to get them elected and you want to punish the voters who couldn't be bought and voted for those tax raising Dems.

SORE LOSER! :rofl:

I did. You might want to put a little more work into your OPs.
Didn't need to, it works as intended.

The foolish, the partisan and the non critical thinkers will all assume and jump in, just as we have seen.

Notice that at least three seperate posters attempted to 'create' my opinion rather then address the question.

I find such things far more illuminating, it shows me that many people don't actually read what is written, they glance at it and insert what they WISH to believe into it.

Thus i have people telling me what I think or what i am.

Its far more fun to point this out and mock it as needed then to make it easy for you with long dissertations they few will read and fewer will understand.
Just more BS!

If you were asking a straight question you wouldn't have injected Obama into the mix!!!!!!

You CON$ telegraph everything and for some unknown egotistical reason, you think you are so clever that no one will ever see through your web of deceit. :cuckoo:

It's an interesting question. I'm glad you asked. I had to vote Yes but i did it with serious apprehension. It's like people on Welfare having the right to vote. Obviously they're going to vote for the politicians who promise them more freebies. Basically they vote themselves a raise. I used to get criticized viciously for asking the question of whether or not citizens on welfare should be allowed to vote. I think these are fair questions. I still vote Yes on this one in the end though. Good post. Thanks.

by your logic, exxon mobil shouldn't be allowed to donate to campaigns or run ads because they didn't pay us taxes.

what about companies that offshore? i think they shouldn't be allowed to donate money or run ads or any of the other idiocy the supremes decided they have personhood for. :thup:

just make sure i don't see you calling dems elitists. :eusa_whistle:

the only flip flops i see on the part of the founders would be the way the pretend constitutionalists want to pervert the document and everything it stands for.

Last edited:
Everyone receives something from the Government that they didn't pay for........so by the OP logic, nobody should be allowed to vote

Forum List

Back