Origin of Lampasse

This is not a noble war. There are exhausted and tired soldiers who are treated like cattle. Such soldiers do not have the spirit of a warrior. They do not even have the strength for a swift attack, they do not have the fighting qualities for complex tactics. For them, it's just hard work.

Apaches were not like that.

The men I talked to were not like that either. In my time in the US Navy, part of my job involved equipping some of the best warriors in the modern world. These are the men I am talking about. You are dismally ignorant about warfare. Despite you claiming to have been in the Russian military.

This is not a noble war. There are exhausted and tired soldiers who are treated like cattle. Such soldiers do not have the spirit of a warrior. They do not even have the strength for a swift attack, they do not have the fighting qualities for complex tactics. For them, it's just hard work.

Apaches were not like that.

Just hush ... You have no idea what is going through a warrior's mind during combat, before or after.
It doesn't fit your maligned narcissistic bullshit ... It doesn't even really fit the way they can relate it to society or the general public.

It's not what you think it is all about ... It's not about some great scheme of things.

The choices are made before you go on the battlefield (although you do adapt to the changing environment with tactics) ...
When you get there, it's not about your country, a flag or an idea.
It's about the motherfucker standing next to you ... And the son of a bitch you are about to kill in hopes you see the next dawn.

There's no Honor in that ... :thup:

Just hush ... You have no idea what is going through a warrior's mind during combat, before or after.
It doesn't fit your maligned narcissistic bullshit ... It doesn't even really fit the way they can relate it to society or the general public.

It's not what you think it is all about ... It's not about some great scheme of things.

The choices are made before you go on the battlefield (although you do adapt to the changing environment with tactics) ...
It's about the motherfucker standing next to you ... And the son of a bitch you are about to kill in hopes you see the next dawn.

YES!! This is exactly right. Men in war fight for the man next to them. They fight for their buddies. They fight to survive.

And if they survive and the man next to them does not, they feel guilt. This is reality. Not some ancient mythology.

Nothing happens in the head of a slave combatant, he just does the bloody work, tired and hungry. Usual routine. He may be afraid of death, but no one will let him escape. Behind the guard detachments.

YES!! This is exactly right. Men in war fight for the man next to them. They fight for their buddies. They fight to survive.

And if they survive and the man next to them does not, they feel guilt. This is reality. Not some ancient mythology.

There is a tie between your statements about the "guilt" and "ancient mythology".
Since the beginning of organized warfare ... It goes back to where I was talking about the lie (myth) we tell ourselves.

Warfare at its base level is anti-social behavior ...
To re-enter society, we often have to find a way to go on living with what we have done,
deal with the people we lost because we were all there, and the true absence of Honor in any of it.

Yes, like dogs in a pack. Not for the truth, but for their own skin on the orders of the slave owners. Not the way aristocratic warriors fought.

Nothing happens in the head of a slave combatant, he just does the bloody work, tired and hungry. Usual routine. He may be afraid of death, but no one will let him escape. Behind the guard detachments.

Not all soldiers are warriors ... And some will still survive ... :thup:

How would you know what goes on inside the head of someone in combat? You pretend to know, but that is all it is, pretense.

And what we have told you if taken from men who actually served and fought. Not some juvenile wannabe who read stories and believed them.

And your constant insistence that the men I spoke with were slaves is absolute bullshit.

There is a tie between your statements about the "guilt" and "ancient mythology".
Since the beginning of organized warfare ... It goes back to where I was talking about the lie (myth) we tell ourselves.

Warfare at its base level is anti-social behavior ...
To re-enter society, we often have to find a way to go on living with what we have done,
deal with the people we lost because we were all there, and the true absence of Honor in any of it.

There can be no honor in a slave army. Slave submission is incompatible with the concept of honor and pride.

Yes, like dogs in a pack. Not for the truth, but for their own skin on the orders of the slave owners. Not the way aristocratic warriors fought.

Thier own skin? If that were true they would not have moved forward and fought.

Your romantised version of war comes from mythology, not reality. And it shows.

How would you know what goes on inside the head of someone in combat? You pretend to know, but that is all it is, pretense.

And what we have told you if taken from men who actually served and fought. Not some juvenile wannabe who read stories and believed them.

And your constant insistence that the men I spoke with were slaves is absolute bullshit.
It's easy to imagine when you are forced to run ten miles hungry, and then forced to take up arms and run into battle dirty and tired, and you don't even know what you're fighting for, you're just a stinky dog on a leash and you have no choice. Your every step is regulated by the boss.

There can be no honor in a slave army. Slave submission is incompatible with the concept of honor and pride.

You do understand that you are talking to a few folks that know more about soldiering than you ever will ...
I am not sure about Winterborn's age and experience ... But I was in a volunteer army, not compulsory service.

You can take you irrelevant "slave army" bullshit and stick it where the sun doesn't shine ... :thup:

The fact that you talk about honor in war, despite never having been within 100 miles of the frontlines, speaks volumes about you.

Step up and go to war. Then tell us.

It's easy to imagine when you are forced to run ten miles hungry, and then forced to take up arms and run into battle dirty and tired, and you don't even know what you're fighting for, you're just a stinky dog on a leash and you have no choice. Your every step is regulated by the boss.

You are imagining a lot. I heard the truth from men who served in combat.

And any man who runs into battle is miles above you in both honor and valor. You hide behind the protection those men have afforded you.

You do understand that you are talking to a few folks that know more about soldiering than you ever will ...
I am not sure about Winterborn's age and experience ... But I was in a volunteer army, not compulsory service.

You can take you irrelevant "slave army" bullshit and stick it where the sun doesn't shine ... :thup:

There is no question of a volunteer army. As a rule, a volunteer army is a highly professional army and there is a real military spirit there. Perhaps you were from the additional service and could not feel this spirit.

There is no question of a volunteer army. As a rule, a volunteer army is a highly professional army and there is a real military spirit there. Perhaps you were from the additional service and could not feel this spirit.

I volunteered for military service. How about you?

And even those who were drafted (say in the Vietnam era) were capable of great bravery and honor. That is what both BlackSand and I have been trying to tell you. But you prefer mythology and trolling to the reality of war.

I was a volunteer.

At least one of the men I spoke with, back then, was originally drafted into service. But he re-enlisted twice. He was a warrior of the highest order, both in combat skill and heart.

Forum List

Back