Opinion on whether race is real or a social construct

Mortimer

Gold Member
Did you knew some people debate whether race is a social construct?

My opinion is moderate I think...

I believe race exists but it is not clinical fully but there is lots of overlap even between the most distinct groups for example distinct people such as westafricans are fast runners but it is not impossible that a small number of whites or asians outdo them. I guess you know what I mean. To me race exists I'm aware of my race ie euroasian in the broader sense or western and southern euroasian hybrid in a narrower sense but those are large groups and descriptive to me as if I'm saying I'm a human or primate it is part of the identity but to me on third place there are other things more important to me now some will disagree who put race first but I accept their opinions too free speech...

Consider 3 people. One of pure Asian (Chinese) decent, one of pure west African decent, and one of pure European decent. It will be very easy to know which is which simply by looking at them. There are real differences between these races. For most of human history, the populations were mostly isolated and developed unique traits.

At some time in the future, the races may blend together because groups are no longer isolated and there is inter-marriage.

What the brilliant Black scholars fail to explain is that language and words are social constructs we make and use to communicate descriptions of reality.

"Race," is the word we use to describe the set of categories of general physical characteristics that tend to distinguish groupings of people that seemingly were cultivated relatively isolated from other people that can be described as "different." Chances are the word "race" was adopted because it is a race to civilization.

Black people tend to search for ways to argue against everyone else, because they do not like themselves.

Did you knew some people debate whether race is a social construct?

My opinion is moderate I think...

I believe race exists but it is not clinical fully but there is lots of overlap even between the most distinct groups for example distinct people such as westafricans are fast runners but it is not impossible that a small number of whites or asians outdo them. I guess you know what I mean. To me race exists I'm aware of my race ie euroasian in the broader sense or western and southern euroasian hybrid in a narrower sense but those are large groups and descriptive to me as if I'm saying I'm a human or primate it is part of the identity but to me on third place there are other things more important to me now some will disagree who put race first but I accept their opinions too free speech...
It might be something to discuss in a a biology classroom but in society is doesn't matter because race is clearly visible and virtually everyone I know is to some degree race oriented.

New Topics

Forum List

Back