Operation dessert storm!

Jitss617

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2019
Where were you? What did you think of it at the time?
I was in middle school.
but I was just thinking how cool the name it.. we brought a storm to your Desert.

I had just left the Air Force and was working on My civilian career. Still lived in California at that time.

..I tried to get into the USMC reserves....I got out in June 1990...I did 8 years, so I wasn't required to do reserve duty
...my old co-worker was there
..25 years!!!??? damn

..I tried to get back into the USMC....I got out in June 1990
...my old co-worker was there
..25 years!!!??? damn
Yeah, I got out in January of 1990.
..I missed Panama also ...I did 2 South American cruises--went through Panama twice...
..so, we got to Panama in Dec 1989...we were running PT and I saw my outfit [ I was detached from them to go on the SA floats ] .......also, I called my dad on the phone and said to him '''dang, there's a lot of activity here''' -not realizing they were building up for Just Cause ...my primary outfit participated in it

Why was I expecting this thread to be by Old Lady ?

Dessert Storm.
1598994402114.png

...and Iraq had a very combat experienced military ....battle hardened.....still got whupped

During Op. Desert Storm Americans went farther and faster and took more real estate with less casualties than any other military operation of it's kind in US history. How could you not be proud?

One of my younger brothers was there.

During Op. Desert Storm Americans went farther and faster and took more real estate with less casualties than any other military operation of it's kind in US history. How could you not be proud?
Michelle wasn't
...even though the Iraqis were not the ''best'', what you say demonstrates the fantastic professionalism, training, etc of the US military .....
--exactly --a ''textbook'' operation

Dessert Storm.
View attachment 383247

Yeah for a minute there I thought this thread was about a 3 Stooges pie throwing clip. Who remembers that? After school we used to race home to watch the Stooges.
I do remember those days.

Remember the old WWF guys like Pompero Firpo and Dick the Bulldog Brower ?

Dessert Storm.
View attachment 383247

Yeah for a minute there I thought this thread was about a 3 Stooges pie throwing clip. Who remembers that? After school we used to race home to watch the Stooges.
I do remember those days.

Remember the old WWF guys like Pompero Firpo and Dick the Bulldog Brower ?

All I remember was an American Indian wrestler guy that used to come into the ring wearing a long, feathered Indian headdress, which of course he took off before the match started. And then after he'd get his ass kicked for a few minutes he'd start doing the war dance and begin throw the other guy around, bust his ass and then win the match. It wasn't long before I got interested in girls, remember the old beach movies with Annette Funicello? I had a major crush on her for a long time. Fuck Frankie Avalon.

I assume he was one of the lucky ones who escaped getting gulf war syndrome from war criminals bush and Powell and our corrupt politicians?

I assume he was one of the lucky ones who escaped getting gulf war syndrome from war criminals bush and Powell and our corrupt politicians?
I assume you didn't read my thread op.

What can you say when critics of one of the best run US military operations claim it wasn't so good because the Iraq army was inferior? We fought in Vietnam against kids and peasants for about ten freaking years and we finally abandoned the mission. We fought in Iraq against tanks and artillery and infantry but the U.S. was better trained and better equipped and we did it right. Are Americans reluctant to give credit to the U.S. military because a republican was in charge and the media downplayed the mission?

I assume you didn't read my thread op.
No I did,but I figured my question was far more important than answering the ops.

What can you say when critics of one of the best run US military operations claim it wasn't so good because the Iraq army was inferior? We fought in Vietnam against kids and peasants for about ten freaking years and we finally abandoned the mission. We fought in Iraq against tanks and artillery and infantry but the U.S. was better trained and better equipped and we did it right. Are Americans reluctant to give credit to the U.S. military because a republican was in charge and the media downplayed the mission?
He has me on ignore so I will just say this nut is biased on how the repubs are as corrupt as the dems are.lol

Forum List

Back