Open marriages?

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA
I was doing some reading about how in most marriages one of both of the partners end up cheating on each other, another article I read says couples with open marriages or couples who swing together don't have the infidelity issues and thus, have more successful marriages. I can see why because obviously they don't have to worry about cheating, a friend of mine does this with his wife and they are the happiest married couple I know. Thoughts?

I think a married couple should do what they feel works for them. So if going to swinger parties actually makes their relationship better, then that's no sweat off my back. I haven't gotten married yet because I haven't seen the benefits of voluntary castration and domestication-- :razz: --so I'm pretty naive about married life. But I suspect I wouldn't be happy knowing my wife, the woman I would want to spend the rest of life with and raise demonic spawns with, was getting banged by some other guy.

I think that even as I would be doing another girl, I couldn't be able to fully enjoy it and all I could be thinking about would be my dick's happy place being invaded and desecrated by some animalistic douchebag. And I would hope and pray that she felt the same.

The whole situation would make me go, what's wrong with ME?--as self-centered as that is. So yeah it would be a blow to my fwagile male ego, like I wasn't good enough to meet her needs--and then that could lead to me being like, well then she can fuck off if I'm not good enough. So in conclusion: no, I don't think I could be in an open marriage.

I don't get it. Why marry if they are going to be bonking others? What's the point?

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I was doing some reading about how in most marriages one of both of the partners end up cheating on each other, another article I read says couples with open marriages or couples who swing together don't have the infidelity issues and thus, have more successful marriages. I can see why because obviously they don't have to worry about cheating, a friend of mine does this with his wife and they are the happiest married couple I know. Thoughts?

Anyone can find happiness where no rules apply

That is depressing, to me personally. I don't see how people can't curb their appetite for sex. They need a gym pass.

If I wanted variety in a marriage, I would get a divorce. Something would be very wrong. And doesn't anyone worry about STDs? Yikes! I would. I like being divorced but having a special friend that I don't have to see too often and who doesn't smother me when I do. Love that! :D

No open marriage. Perfectly content and happy in mine as it is. 1 on 1. Marriage is not just about sex.

There is NO way an open marriage is as successful as a REAL marriage.

True story.... :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
>

I'm all for sex outside of marriage...

..........................................................................I just wish my wife supported sex inside of marriage.

:evil::evil::evil:

>>>>

lol I nearly passed out, I would rep you, but I can't :(. Thanks for that post though, cheered me up lol.

I think a married couple should do what they feel works for them. So if going to swinger parties actually makes their relationship better, then that's no sweat off my back. I haven't gotten married yet because I haven't seen the benefits of voluntary castration and domestication-- :razz: --so I'm pretty naive about married life. But I suspect I wouldn't be happy knowing my wife, the woman I would want to spend the rest of life with and raise demonic spawns with, was getting banged by some other guy.

I think that even as I would be doing another girl, I couldn't be able to fully enjoy it and all I could be thinking about would be my dick's happy place being invaded and desecrated by some animalistic douchebag. And I would hope and pray that she felt the same.

The whole situation would make me go, what's wrong with ME?--as self-centered as that is. So yeah it would be a blow to my fwagile male ego, like I wasn't good enough to meet her needs--and then that could lead to me being like, well then she can fuck off if I'm not good enough. So in conclusion: no, I don't think I could be in an open marriage.

Open marriage and swinging is DEFINENTLY not for everyone, but the odds are in a managamous marriage one or both of the partners will end up cheating anyways. The numbers are there, and it is not a pretty sight.

Last edited:

Whats a real marriage though? most managamous marriages in the US end in divorce.

That is depressing, to me personally. I don't see how people can't curb their appetite for sex. They need a gym pass.

When you join the Air Force you will see how many people cheat on their spouse in deployment and how many of the dependent wives slut it up at the base club as soon as their man leaves on deployment. The divorce rates in the Military are through the roof right now, I hooked up with a dependent wife and I outprocessed her husband to Korea, he was gone a whole year and she was slutting it up. Thing is he knew too, because he saw the pics on Myspace. Their still married and she didn't want to leave him because he had an assignment to Italy and she wanted to go.

No open marriage. Perfectly content and happy in mine as it is. 1 on 1. Marriage is not just about sex.

Its not but when you take sex out of the equation, the marriage turns into just being room mates. When the sex is great, people in the marriage are happier.

If I wanted variety in a marriage, I would get a divorce. Something would be very wrong. And doesn't anyone worry about STDs? Yikes! I would. I like being divorced but having a special friend that I don't have to see too often and who doesn't smother me when I do. Love that! :D

At swingers parties they have rules where you must use protection, you can't just go in there and bareback all the girls at the club. When a guy is going behind his wifes back cheating or vice versa, the odds are higher he won;t use protection that at a swingers party, because they have rules that you have to. There are no rules in seedy hotel rooms.

Whats a real marriage though? most managamous marriages in the US end in divorce.

When I say "real" marriage, I mean that an "open" marriage is not a real marriage.

Married couples who do it the way it was always meant to be.. a spiritual experience between 1 man and 1 wife, will always have ups and downs. There is going be things that challenge that marriage, and I also believe that opening yourselves up to all the risks involved with multiple partners is just not a wise way to care for eachother.

Besides... marriage means so much more than sex.

Although it is a very important part.... VERY IMPORTANT :tongue:

When I say "real" marriage, I mean that an "open" marriage is not a real marriage.

Married couples who do it the way it was always meant to be.. a spiritual experience between 1 man and 1 wife, will always have ups and downs. There is going be things that challenge that marriage, and I also believe that opening yourselves up to all the risks involved with multiple partners is just not a wise way to care for eachother.

Besides... marriage means so much more than sex.

Although it is a very important part.... VERY IMPORTANT :tongue:

Open marriage is definently not the norm, however, "real marriages" are not working in this country either, divorce rates are at an all time high, and infidelity is a serious problem for managamous couples. If there is one aspect of open marriages I admire is, they share everything with each other, good and bad. I don't think everybody should just start swinging and going to sex parties either because if you are truly not ready you will destroy your marriage, from what I heard at first its the guy thats all gung ho and the woman is unsure, but once they go through with it sometimes the guy will have second thoughts, because the main focus at these swingers and sex parties is the woman.

I talked to my friend and his wife that do swing, when they were trying to be managamous he had 2 affairs and there marriage was a living hell, they were fighting all the time and the marriage was on its last legs. The funny thing is he did not bring up swinging, SHE did because she was tired of all the lies, the calls in the middle of the night, and the misery their lives had become. They tell me they really only swing maybe once every 2-3 months but the effects on their marriage is a total change, no more fights, no more calls, no more affairs, no more lies and deciet. For some people, this can work.

Forum List

Back