Open letter published to fight "Cancel Culture"

Why don't you just prove that they're assholes and let everyone else decide for themselves?

Oh yeah you're not capable of doing that. Never mind.

If I'm a business, why should my business suffer because an employee is an asshole?

Then how did you ever find work, you cuck SJW soi twat?
Joe Blowhard, the bloated, overweight commie claims that he is self-employed. He embellishes the resumes of those that have no clue as to how to use the written word. So they employ the use of a blowhard like Joseph to make their work experience seem more "glorious" than what it really was in hopes of getting an interview. Joe Blowhard, the card carrying commie NEVER lets his clients know that he is a marxist....you can bank on that.

What public spectacle?
This Public Spectacle

1594221491516.png

She appeared with Fringe Candidate Marjorie Taylor Greene , someone who is so off the charts that the mainstream GOP has denounced her. Greene has been caught making Islamophobic, Racist and Antisemitic comments.

Thank goodness. It's about time some well-known voices spoke out against "Cancel Culture".

The letter addressed the nationwide Black Lives Matter protests and calls to defund the police — acknowledging that the demands are over due while warning against cancel culture and being intolerant of differences.

“But this needed reckoning has also intensified a new set of moral attitudes and political commitments that tend to weaken our norms of open debate and toleration of differences in favor of ideological conformity,” the letter read. “The democratic inclusion we want can be achieved only if we speak out against the intolerant climate that has set in on all sides.”

The letter warned that liberals are forming their own version of censorship, one that President Donald Trump and “right-wing demagogues” thrive off of.

“This stifling atmosphere will ultimately harm the most vital causes of our time,” the letter added. “The restriction of debate, whether by a repressive government or an intolerant society, invariably hurts those who lack power and makes everyone less capable of democratic participation.”

srp99F0.gif

e111c1c11d4b5b9aaed63b03a4da25bb.jpg
Poor JK Rowling, she is a leftwing loon, but then got cancelled herself for daring to say a man cannot menstruate.

No letter by her is going to stop the leftwing lunatics from being the fascist, hateful little shits they are. It would require millions of degenerates to change their personality and beliefs overnight. Not going to happen.

No one (that votes on a regular basis) stayed home.
Did fewer Blacks shuffle off to the polls than they did for the half-black guy, of course, .

More than offset by total turnout.

2012 - 58.6% of eligible voters turned out.
2016 - 60.2% of eligible voters turned out.

Uh, guy, a 1.6% increase is barely counting population growth.

9 out of the 13 states where voter turnout was highest were battleground states.

Which is a good reason to get rid of the Electoral College. Why should 9 states decide the election. EVERY state should be a a battleground state, because they are competing for every vote.

But my point stands. The same stupid racist fucks who voted for Romney are the same stupid racist fucks who voted for Trump.
Why should ONLY California and NY decide?

Because they are as anti American as he is?

How could that be established? What are "black" names?

One must make that determination before anything can be established.

But, here it is. Efforts to suppress bigotry has the opposite effect. Why not let bigots expose their bigotry so we know who they are?

Um, because when you allow the obvious stuff in the open, the less obvious stuff becomes acceptable.

There is a wide gulf between the outright bigot who blurts out the N-word on a regular basis. He's never going to hold a position of authority. It's the more subtle racism of the Hiring Manager who selects the white candidate because they remind them of themselves.

Listen up, Joe Blowhard, there are millions of us that will defend this Republic with all that we have even if it means dying a cruel death in defense of it. You commie fucks have over-played your hand and decided to "move ahead" with your commie coup even though all these fake shootings didn't result in disarmament. Joe Blowhard, the bloated commie? Molon Labe.........

The best argument for gun control is a five minute discussion with a gun nut.

Wait, Dale, you've denounced the government as a "Corporate State" that you don't participate in, but now you are going to "Defend the Republic".

Really?

Hey, funny thing. I actually DID defend the Republic. I served in the Army for 11 years. What did you do?

The reality is, the combination of the Plague, the Riots and the Recession, Trump is going to lose in EPIC fashion. Then we'll finally get some common sense gun control.

We, the people make up the republic, dumb ass...not that corporate entity that lamely attempts to pass itself off as a legitimate governmental body. HOLY FUCK but are your reading and comprehension skills totally third rate. You served the "Republic" as an employee of USA.INC? I suspect that you served "shit on a shingle" which was hamburger gravy on dry toast and your fat ass never left the comfort of a desk here in the states. Don't EVER attempt to "lord" your (snicker) "military service" over me, asswipe....not in this lifetime. BTW, regardless of the election outcome? You will have to depend on MILLIONS of people to comply much like we depend on MILLIONS of people to comply with drug laws.....how is that working out, Joe Blowhard, the card carrying commie? I will never, EVER comply with unconstitutional laws and will use every possible resource at my disposal to make any unconstitutional action as costly as possible to the ones attempting to enforce them. You, of course, will simply wring your teeny, tiny hands being the pussy that you are.

BTW, if Trump wins? Will you vacate the board?

They shouldn't. They won't. First, they don't vote in a monolithic block. Trump still got 40% of the vote in both states.

The problem is that because CA and NY are liberal leaning, neither candidate spends much time there. They also don't spend any time in Wyoming or Utah, for the same reason.

Also, as a pratical matter, at some point, Texas will be a blue state. Might happen as early as this year... but at some point, it will be as firmly in the blue column as NY and CA. Then you guys would be screwed.

My oppossition to the electoral college is that it distorts democracy. Not just because someone the people CLEARLY said no to gets elected, but because they limit the election to only a few states.

How could that be established? What are "black" names?

One must make that determination before anything can be established.

But, here it is. Efforts to suppress bigotry has the opposite effect. Why not let bigots expose their bigotry so we know who they are?

Um, because when you allow the obvious stuff in the open, the less obvious stuff becomes acceptable.

There is a wide gulf between the outright bigot who blurts out the N-word on a regular basis. He's never going to hold a position of authority. It's the more subtle racism of the Hiring Manager who selects the white candidate because they remind them of themselves.

Do you make sure and prominently display the race of the person you are writing a resume for at the very top to ensure the Human Resource manager that the one applying is a "person of color"??????????

Think about what you just typed.

If we let obvious bigots to be bigots, other bigots will be able to hide their bigotry?

And you think you DON'T have that NOW???

Somewhere along the way, we morphed the word "bigotry" and made the state the governor of thought.

They shouldn't. They won't. First, they don't vote in a monolithic block. Trump still got 40% of the vote in both states.

The problem is that because CA and NY are liberal leaning, neither candidate spends much time there. They also don't spend any time in Wyoming or Utah, for the same reason.

Also, as a pratical matter, at some point, Texas will be a blue state. Might happen as early as this year... but at some point, it will be as firmly in the blue column as NY and CA. Then you guys would be screwed.

My oppossition to the electoral college is that it distorts democracy. Not just because someone the people CLEARLY said no to gets elected, but because they limit the election to only a few states.
Texas will never be a "blue state" in your lifetime no matter how many wetbacks are pushed by La Raza for citizenship.....bet me and lose on that one, Joe Blowhard.....

You just argued that you don't want to limit the election to a few states, and in the same argument showed how the popular vote WILL limit the vote to a few states.

The electoral college was designed to give states with smaller populations a voice. Otherwise, the POTUS candidates will only pander to California or New York or Texas.

We, the people make up the republic, dumb ass...not that corporate entity that lamely attempts to pass itself off as a legitimate governmental body.

No, guy, a Republic is a form of government.

Sorry you failed basic civics.

You served the "Republic" as an employee of USA.INC? I suspect that you served "shit on a shingle" which was hamburger gravy on dry toast and your fat ass never left the comfort of a desk here in the states. Don't EVER attempt to "lord" your (snicker) "military service" over me, asswipe....not in this lifetime.

Look, Dmitri, you never served, you ain't shit. Sorry. Nuts with guns do nothing to protect the republic. If anything, they make it more dangerous for the rest of us. If you have to send you kid to school with a bullet proof backpack becuase some nut might shoot up a school, you aren't Free.

BTW, regardless of the election outcome? You will have to depend on MILLIONS of people to comply much like we depend on MILLIONS of people to comply with drug laws.....how is that working out, Joe Blowhard, the card carrying commie?

Actually, it will work out just fine. WHEN we get common sense gun laws, most of us will happily rat out our crazy neighbor. I'm not worry about the guy who bought the gun back in the 1990's, stuck it in his closet and forgot about it. I worry about the nuts who stockpile enough guns to fight the Zombies because they really think they can take on government tanks.

I also find it hilarious that you talk shit about "fighting the government', but are shitting your pants over BLM, who are actually out there, fighting the government. And they are mostly doing it without guns.

I will never, EVER comply with unconstitutional laws and will use every possible resource at my disposal to make any unconstitutional action as costly as possible to the ones attempting to enforce them.

And I will laugh hysterically when the ATF kicks down your door and frog marches you off. Well, not you, because you are a Russian Troll, but the people you pretend to be.

Texas will never be a "blue state" in your lifetime no matter how many wetbacks are pushed by La Raza for citizenship.....bet me and lose on that one, Joe Blowhard.....

Actually, it might happen as early as this election. BUt that's only because Trump failed so bad.

Trump is only leading Biden by 2-4 points. ANother few months of recession and riots and Covid, it will be very bad.

You just argued that you don't want to limit the election to a few states, and in the same argument showed how the popular vote WILL limit the vote to a few states.

No, it will expand it to the whole country. It would be worthwhile to go out and vote because- HEY, my vote will actually count this time.

The electoral college was designed to give states with smaller populations a voice. Otherwise, the POTUS candidates will only pander to California or New York or Texas.

You mean the states where PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIVE. The problem is, the EC doesn't really give the smaller population states a voice. Nobody commits any kind of serious resources to the states with 3-5 electors. It's the mid-level swing states that get all the attention, and they really shouldn't.

Trump is only leading Biden by 2-4 points. ANother few months of recession and riots and Covid, it will be very bad.
Which is what you are praying for, no doubt.

Well, no, since there are no pixies in the sky, I don't waste time begging them for things.

the reality- We are in this mess with Covid/Recession/Riots because Trump is exactly what we've said he was for the last 4 years, someone who was unfit for office. Hillary or Cruz or Rubio would have handled this better.

No, it will expand it to the whole country. It would be worthwhile to go out and vote because- HEY, my vote will actually count this time.

You mean the states where PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIVE. The problem is, the EC doesn't really give the smaller population states a voice. Nobody commits any kind of serious resources to the states with 3-5 electors. It's the mid-level swing states that get all the attention, and they really shouldn't.
And your solution is to shift ALL the attention to 2 or 3 big states, because that's all they need to win the popular vote. They could give a rat fuck about Oklahoma or Idaho and NO resources will be spent there.

Which is what you are praying for, no doubt.

Well, no, since there are no pixies in the sky, I don't waste time begging them for things.

the reality- We are in this mess with Covid/Recession/Riots because Trump is exactly what we've said he was for the last 4 years, someone who was unfit for office. Hillary or Cruz or Rubio would have handled this better.
Fair enough. I am also a skeptic.

But, you are HAPPY to see another few months of recessions and riots etc. aren't you?

Don’t want to get into the details of what sort of social pressure or boycotting or banning is appropriate to deal with open bigotry or mindless zealotry. Government, corporations, consumers, citizens, individuals all have responsibilities.

But I'm happy to see this statement from writers and intellectuals, stalwarts of liberal and leftist causes like Noam Chomsky, whom I admire and respect.

The statement is well written, even if the phrase “cancel culture” is rather a dumb buzzword and very unclear:

“The way to defeat bad ideas is by exposure, argument, and persuasion, not by trying to silence or wish them away. We refuse any false choice between justice and freedom, which cannot exist without each other. As writers we need a culture that leaves us room for experimentation, risk taking, and even mistakes. We need to preserve the possibility of good-faith disagreement without dire professional consequences. If we won’t defend the very thing on which our work depends, we shouldn’t expect the public or the state to defend it for us.”

Forum List

Back