Op-Ed: I am a Cherokee woman. Elizabeth Warren is not.

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
:beer:

"As Native people, we are relegated to being invisible, while Warren is not."

"As Native people, we are relegated to being invisible, while Warren is not."
REBECCA NAGLENOV 30, 2017, 11:44 AMUPDATED: NOV 30, 2017, 1:16 PM
(CREDIT: REBECCA NAGLE)
telling MSNBC that Trump has done “this over and over thinking somehow he’s going to shut me up with it. It hadn’t worked in the past, it is not going to work in the future.”

A real Native American hero, right?

Wrong.

She was not a hero to me when she failed to foster a haven of support for Native students within Harvard University’s alienating Ivy League culture. She is not a hero for spending years awkwardly avoiding Native leaders. She is not a hero because, despite claiming to be the only Native woman in the U.S. Senate, she has done nothing to advance our rights.

Is the DNA or the Culture more important for being an Indian?
Warren is culturally 100% white and not Indian at all.

Warren is claiming a Native American ancestor

She is not asking for membership in the tribe

Is the DNA or the Culture more important for being an Indian?
Warren is culturally 100% white and not Indian at all.
Huge debate on the matter. Loretta Lynn and Elvis are claimed by the nation, Yet in all three federal reservations they, their descendants and relatives are not welcome to settle, they have the wrong geneology.

Warren is claiming a Native American ancestor

She is not asking for membership in the tribe

However, she has used the claim to her advantage.

Harvard Law School in the 1990s touted Warren, then a professor in Cambridge, as being "Native American." They singled her out, Warren later acknowledged, because she had listed herself as a minority in an Association of American Law Schools directory.

At most she is 1/32 native, yet she marked "minority" down on her Harvard application.

Forum List

Back