Ooops! There Goes Another Freedom!

PC

What does any of this have to do with Freedom of Speech?

Even us ignerant publik skool kids can tell your OP makes no point

And it makes even less sense than usual.

You're a pair o' pathetic peripatetics

Even you two can't be dumb enough to not understand the point....so these two posts must be an inept attempt to shield the tyrannt in the White House.

But, if you claim to be that stupid....who am I to argue.

OK, get this: how free is your speech if you have to pay a $6,000 fine to the IRS because you dared to use it?

Mightn't English-speakers call this an abridgment?

Well, morons?

So....where did you two meet, eHarmony?

The Federalist Papers do not carry the weight of law.

they are only the opinions and perspectives of the individuals who wrote the constitution and bill of rights. but then again, liberal idiots don't care about what the intent was. they only care about their subversive agendas

Nonsense.

Liberals correctly understand that the Constitution exists in the context of its case law.

They also correctly follow that case law as intended by the Framers.

excellent, so corproations are people too. thanks for confirming

wrong, we elect the members of the federal government they work for us. they are not an all powerful entity that can make decisions in a vaccuum and go against our will, change our rights or infringe on them.

LOL, Yes, we elect some members of the Federal Government and many times do make "decisions in a vacuum" and have gone against the will of, for example, Southern Governors who hoped to keep schools separate but equal. You might consider reading a book sometime, I suspect the Limbaugh letter or History revised by Hannity, et al, has infected your brain.
I see Stalin, lennin and marx are firmly implanted in yours

If you see that alone you're more than myopic, you're blind.

The Constitution gives the federal government a massive amount of power, and legal supremacy.

Without it, your rights could not be protected. It is the power of the federal goverment that protects your rights, not some imaginary limitation of power.

So, we can't be free unless we submit completely to our rulers and obey without question?

Thanks Comrade, now I can take up the chains of "freedom."

Orwell lives.

The Constitution gives the federal government a massive amount of power, and legal supremacy.

Without it, your rights could not be protected. It is the power of the federal goverment that protects your rights, not some imaginary limitation of power.

So, we can't be free unless we submit completely to our rulers and obey without question?

Orwell lives.

"So, we can't be free unless we submit completely to our rulers and obey without question?"

I know that was sarcasm....but it is largely true of the Lefties.

They are even afraid to comment on any flaws in Democrat policies even when the facts are clear and evident.

So the Federal Government does not possess the power to enforce the protections of your rights provided in the Constitution?

Are you mad?

Forgive me for engaging you seriously for a moment; I realize you are just a KOS kiddie spewing mindless party slogans...

BUT!

I have the right of free speech. Do I need Federal Overlords to enforce that right? No, I only need them not to INFRINGE that right. The right exists of its own volition, up until the moment that an agent of the state infringes it.

So your talking point is idiocy.

The Federalist Papers do not carry the weight of law.

they are only the opinions and perspectives of the individuals who wrote the constitution and bill of rights. but then again, liberal idiots don't care about what the intent was. they only care about their subversive agendas

Intent of the written word was pretty specific - to the point of obsession (and thank heaven) back in the day. The intent of the letters were to hammer out the end results - the specificity of their collective words. The Constitution is the end result of all that wrangling, almost as if they foresaw all this petty and ridiculous bickering and splitting of hairs over the definitions of "all" "rights" "speech," and...um...ALL.

a very excellent post and well said barb. and damn it, i am temporarily out of rep. yes, thank god they took the time to be very specific and very open about what their intent was. This is what full disclosure and transparency is all about. its too bad our politicians today didn't act in this fashion. there is no need to be reinterpeting what their intent was, they spelled it out clearly. politicians on both sides of the fence really need to take a lesson from what was done in the past.

it goes even beyond forseeing what might come in the future. they were cleary addressing what had happened in the past and identifying what they were trying to prevent from ever happening again. which interestingly enough is what is happening today.

LOL, Yes, we elect some members of the Federal Government and many times do make "decisions in a vacuum" and have gone against the will of, for example, Southern Governors who hoped to keep schools separate but equal. You might consider reading a book sometime, I suspect the Limbaugh letter or History revised by Hannity, et al, has infected your brain.
I see Stalin, lennin and marx are firmly implanted in yours

If you see that alone you're more than myopic, you're blind.

What's that Mr Magoo?

Tell us, for the record, did Nixon use the IRS against his enemies or not? Since you're on record once that he did, and once that he didn't, as I documented,

I do believe a clarification would be in order.

Either way, we know for a fact that Obama did, and continues to.

But you have no problem that that, because your party is above the law.

So the Federal Government does not possess the power to enforce the protections of your rights provided in the Constitution?

Are you mad?

Forgive me for engaging you seriously for a moment; I realize you are just a KOS kiddie spewing mindless party slogans...

BUT!

I have the right of free speech. Do I need Federal Overlords to enforce that right? No, I only need them not to INFRINGE that right. The right exists of its own volition, up until the moment that an agent of the state infringes it.

So your talking point is idiocy.

Once again you have spotlighted a major difference between Liberals and conservatives.

While we believe that our rights are God-given, they see same as gifts awarded by a munificent government....but which can be withdrawn as well.

And, again...they bow down to government.....hoping it will kill them last.

Tell us, for the record, did Nixon use the IRS against his enemies or not? Since you're on record once that he did, and once that he didn't, as I documented,

I do believe a clarification would be in order.

Either way, we know for a fact that Obama did, and continues to.

But you have no problem that that, because your party is above the law.

To be clear.....Nixon fumed and talked about using the IRS....but it never happened.

From USAToday:

"He's a white hat in the story. He's not a black hat," Tim Naftali, former director of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum, said of Walters.
Nixon sought to use the enemies list to target his opponents and he wanted to use the IRS to achieve that goal, Naftali said.

"The story is interesting because the IRS wouldn't do it," he said. "It didn't happen, not because the White House didn't want it to happen, but because people like Johnnie Walters said 'no.'"

I said to him, 'John, do you know what you're doing?' " Walters recalled. "He said, 'No, what do you mean?'"
Walters, in disbelief, walked out with the enemies list. A couple of days later, he showed the list to Secretary of the Treasury George Shultz, his boss, and said that in his opinion the IRS should do "absolutely nothing" with it.
Shultz glanced at the list, threw it back across his desk and indicated that Walters should lock it up in his safe and do nothing further, Walters wrote.
He personally sealed the list, locked it in the safe and told no one at the IRS he had it.
"We did not touch a single person on that list," he said.
Former IRS chief recalls defying Nixon

"We did not touch a single person on that list," he said."

Obama can't claim the same......but his sycophants cloud the issue.

Read the MediaMatters article....see how the Left does it:
Sorry Rush, Nixon Spied On Enemies; Viewed The IRS As A Political Weapon | Blog | Media Matters for America

You have the freedom to be intimidated and bullied by thugs.

Ben Carson's IRS Audit Can't Possibly Be Coincidence

IRS Abuse: It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that the IRS audit of Dr. Ben Carson can't be a mere coincidence.

In any powerful syndicate, the capos know who to whack without the godfather ordering it.

The only way the FBI could put Gambino crime family boss John Gotti in prison was to bug an old lady's apartment in New York's Little Italy and record him giving orders to kill.

But until the FBI bugs the West Wing of the White House, or the Treasury building next door, or the Internal Revenue Service's headquarters a few blocks to the southeast, we might never know the exact origin of America's tax collectors harassing President Obama's political adversaries.

Maybe there was never an explicit order. Considering the threat of being overheard, it's part of the job of the capos to know what the boss wants and make him happy by giving it to him without him even having to ask.

The IRS and the Obama administration are on the same page when it comes to big government: Tea Partiers and other conservatives threaten the massive state they love, and the IRS' powerful army of bureaucrats is a pretty handy weapon for use against them.

In the already blossoming IRS scandal, political organizations' applications for tax-exempt status were delayed or denied during last year's presidential campaign, and well into this year, simply because their names sounded too conservative. The IRS audit of renowned neurosurgeon Carson looks like exactly the same kind of abuse, and it must be subject to a formal independent investigation.

Carson on Wednesday told Fox's Bill O'Reilly that the IRS began examining his real estate holdings after his speech to the National Prayer Breakfast in February, in which he used tithing in the Bible to make a compelling case against progressive taxation. A humiliated Obama sat steaming a couple of seats away.

Carson said, "there must be something inherently fair about proportionality. You make $10 billion, you put in a billion. You make $10, you put in $1."

The black Detroit-born son of a single mother, who rose from poverty to the top of the medical profession, added, "Now some people say that's not fair because it doesn't hurt the guy who made $10 billion as much as the guy who made $10. Where does it say you have to hurt the guy? He's just put in a billion in the pot. We don't need to hurt him."

Ben Carson Being Audited After Criticizing Obama Can't Be Coincidence - Investors.com

Orwell lives.

Nice Straw Man!

Forum List

Back