One of Many Reasons Everything Is So Messed Up- Biden Admin Allows Workers to Get Paid for Doing Little As They Continue to "Work From Home" Most Days

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
Here is Senator Cassidy (R-LA) grilling top health bureaucrats about how often they actually show up to the office, and what their policies are for their employees.

Universally, they all refused to directly answer and dodged the question, making excusing for why they rarely show up to work.

It's quite astonishing and frustrating to watch.

The Senator points out that HHS has a policy which only requires people to show up one day every other week! The rest of the time, they can pretend to work from home, running errands, and watching The View on daytime television.

Government employees get full pay and benefits we pay for, and they don't even have to show up to work, much less perform adequately at their jobs.

If they actually worked and did their jobs well, we could cut the size of government payroll by over 50% and have better performance than we are currently seeing.

We peasants should just thank them for the very substandard job they do. Shut up & pay us!
The truth is, if we made them work more, things would get worse. The govt doesn't generally hire the cream of the crop.
More like the cream from a croc, only good for making fellow reptiles.
Let's just fire them all & take our chances.
I think we'll be fine. I know I will

As a Washingtonian, I have seen this nonsense for years in the government sector, and it’s now spread to private. During their “work from home“ days, I would see government workers at the pool, at the movies, running errands, whatever. They even joked to me about it! One agency had their teleworking employees playing a round of golf while they “worked from home” until it became so excessive that productivity slowed to a crawl and they had to demand that their workers actually….shudder….WORK during the day.

It used to be a divided schedule - perhaps 3 goof-off days and 2 real work days at the office. Now it’s five full days a week at home, and these people make well into the six figures! It’s one of the biggest scams around.

We peasants should just thank them for the very substandard job they do. Shut up & pay us!
The truth is, if we made them work more, things would get worse. The govt doesn't generally hire the cream of the crop.
More like the cream from a croc, only good for making fellow reptiles.
Let's just fire them all & take our chances.
I think we'll be fine. I know I will
We could easily cut 30% from the workforce. For the one year I worked for the government - I ran from the place after 12 months - the redundancy was beyond belief. They get away with all the unnecessary employee expense because they don’t have to show a profit.

And how they exploit their annual leave, oh my! They go to the beach or visit their sister or whatever, and bring their laptop with them. They log on for a couple of hours a day - after brunch in a restaurant and before the afternoon matinee - and consider it a full workday.

As a Washingtonian, I have seen this nonsense for years in the government sector, and it’s now spread to private. During their “work from home“ days, I would see government workers at the pool, at the movies, running errands, whatever. They even joked to me about it! One agency had their teleworking employees playing a round of golf while they “worked from home” until it became so excessive that productivity slowed to a crawl and they had to demand that their workers actually….shudder….WORK during the day.

It used to be a divided schedule - perhaps 3 goof-off days and 2 real work days at the office. Now it’s five full days a week at home, and these people make well into the six figures! It’s one of the biggest scams around.
Yep. I see the same thing. I work for a private company and interface with other companies and government agencies. When we have tele meetings, I will be in my office as usual, and 100% of the government employees and corporate workers from headquarters in Liberal cities will be working from their homes (can tell by the video).

We could easily cut 30% from the workforce. For the one year I worked for the government - I ran from the place after 12 months - the redundancy was beyond belief. They get away with all the unnecessary employee expense because they don’t have to show a profit.
And even worse, they have blank checks to set their pay and budget, and then they hand out bonuses at the end of the year and make excuses for why it's okay - "even though we did not meet the original objective, we did quite well despite COVID and Putin, so bonuses all around!"

I worked from home for a few years and was very productive. Still had an office on site and attended meetings including board meetings.

Here is Senator Cassidy (R-LA) grilling top health bureaucrats about how often they actually show up to the office, and what their policies are for their employees.

Universally, they all refused to directly answer and dodged the question, making excusing for why they rarely show up to work.

It's quite astonishing and frustrating to watch.

The Senator points out that HHS has a policy which only requires people to show up one day every other week! The rest of the time, they can pretend to work from home, running errands, and watching The View on daytime television.

Government employees get full pay and benefits we pay for, and they don't even have to show up to work, much less perform adequately at their jobs.

If they actually worked and did their jobs well, we could cut the size of government payroll by over 50% and have better performance than we are currently seeing.

So do it

That policy of allowing workers to "work from home" is the key reason that the baby formula crises happened. You can't inspect a baby formula plant from your house.

And how they exploit their annual leave, oh my! They go to the beach or visit their sister or whatever, and bring their laptop with them. They log on for a couple of hours a day - after brunch in a restaurant and before the afternoon matinee - and consider it a full workday.
That’s wrong

But not limited to government employees

Yep. I see the same thing. I work for a private company and interface with other companies and government agencies. When we have tele meetings, I will be in my office as usual, and 100% of the government employees and corporate workers from headquarters in Liberal cities will be working from their homes (can tell by the video).

Yes, and they just feel entitled to it! There’s no shame at all. I remember I went to the movies one Friday afternoon around 1 pm - this was before COVID - and the line was really long. I asked the guy behind me if this was a holiday or something, and he said “no. Most government employees work from home on Fridays, so we go to the movies.” And he said it with a straight face!
And even worse, they have blank checks to set their pay and budget, and then they hand out bonuses at the end of the year and make excuses for why it's okay - "even though we did not meet the original objective, we did quite well despite COVID and Putin, so bonuses all around!"
And then to top it off, they complain that they’re underpaid.

In the first months of the coronavirus pandemic, a quarter of employees at the federal government's top health agency failed to even check their emails as they worked remotely, according to internal documents obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

In the first months of the coronavirus pandemic, a quarter of employees at the federal government's top health agency failed to even check their emails as they worked remotely, according to internal documents obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

Free beacon doesn't have a lot of credibility.

If newborn moms could work from home, they would be breast feeding, and there would be no shortage of baby formula! :)
Wouldn't that be "breastfeed from home," rather than "work from home?"

Truth is that many women choose not to stay home with newborns, finding working much easier/fun/rewarding than staying at home with a baby. Those women may be annoyed by the fact that their employers are required to give them twelve weeks to stay home home when they could be at work making sure everyone knows that they are indispensable in their jobs, unless they are needed for a promotion. They may wish they could complain that their mean boss "makes" them come to work a week after giving birth.

Anyway, work from home jobs are not exactly in short supply, so I doubt any baby is starving because the Biden admin messed up the baby formula chain and because their bosses make them come in for work.

Clever line, I guess, but . . .

Forum List

Back