One Of California’s Favorite Escapes May Never Be The Same Because Of Climate Change

It really be nice if the government made the power company buy your excess power at the same rate they charge you for the power you buy from them. Instead they allow them to pay far less.

It would, however if that were the case then my power company would be sending me a monthly check. My bill comes down to just service fees. So, if APS had to buy my electricity back at a retail rate then that would most likely be the most expensive source of energy for them. Great for the home owner, not so sure it's all that terrific for other customers or even future innovation by the utility company.

One thing I really didn’t like was that the power company forced me to install a Automatic shut off so that in the event of an outage I can’t draw on the power from my solar cells to power my own house. Their excuse is their afraid of backflow energizing the grid and endangering their relain personnel.

I think the fear is real though I have to admit I've never really looked into it. Now depending on your HOA or city/county ordinances you may be able to disconnect your home from the grid and then you could use your own energy during a blackout. Though you'd need an expensive battery system to store your energy for night time or whenever your panels aren't able to collect energy. To me that solution is intriguing though expensive and probably not worth the investment....yet.

Let me guess....rightwinger.
Sure sounds like it. Or an asshole but often times they are synonymous.

"I hated my childhood vacations so fuck everyone who lost their home and fuck the environment too."

That's a cry for help.

Fusion is a type of nuclear, but sure, we agree

So you just believe Democrat propaganda even when the EPA calls fake news, huh?

We're the middle east of natural gas, we aren't running out for a long, long time. But you want to hoard natural gas. So you are against fighting global warming, got it.

So do you think global warming is a crock of shit from the left or you just don't really care?

The US has some of the smallest natural gas reserves in the world.

R.13cfe6d0a70177fc5038d87150dc49d2

What we do have is about 500 years worth of coal.
We only have about 20 years worth of natural gas at the rate we are using it.
The is 3% of the world known reserves that the US has left.
That is not much.

The US has some of the smallest natural gas reserves in the world.

R.13cfe6d0a70177fc5038d87150dc49d2

What we do have is about 500 years worth of coal.
We only have about 20 years worth of natural gas at the rate we are using it.
The is 3% of the world known reserves that the US has left.
That is not much.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You're used to that, aren't you? Is it ever any different?

Exactly what I said. You said you aren't a communist, but you vote for them. No one else is acceptable. You are voting for a left wing authoritarian world. That you theoretically don't support everything they say is irrelevant since your actions are trying to end freedom and democracy and set up the Democrat party as our State single party who are continually validated with fraudulent elections

And yet there are exactly two things that we could do that would have a dramatic affect on global warming, and neither even hurts our economy: nuclear and fracking for natural gas.

Democrats oppose them both.

You pull the Democrat lever in every election.

So who gives a shit what you "say" since that isn't what you do?

Actions most certainly speak louder than words.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
caused by a combination of industrial pollution and high-pressure weather conditions. This combination of smoke and fog brought the city to a near standstill and resulted in thousands of deaths.

I'm not sure but I suspect this Great Smog was a warning that the industrial revolution had created a change in our weather if not the climate.

No high-pressure weather conditions before the industrial revolution?

BuzzFeed News

One Of California’s Favorite Escapes May Never Be The Same Because Of Climate Change​

Stephanie K. Baer
Fri, September 10, 2021, 7:14 PM·10 min read

SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, California — Brian Hunter hadn’t yet been ordered to leave his South Lake Tahoe home. But, thinking back to how a wildfire tore through the town of Paradise three years ago and killed 85 people, he didn’t want to risk it. As flames crept toward the Tahoe Basin, he and his partner loaded the car with their belongings, their dog, and two cats, and drove off into the haze. Behind them, a wall of thick brown smoke bore down on the city.

“It looked like death,” Hunter, a 38-year-old freelance writer, said. “You couldn’t see sky.”

So, again. Just to point out. This is all the left's fault, right? Let me review again.

The left insist it is all man made global warming. (They call it climate change as we know now to make certain every single weather event can be included. Including blizzards.)

They claim it is the knuckle dragging flat earther mouth breathers like me that don't believe in the effects of man made climate change, and because of the few like me, the earth is doomed.

So, in their woke for thee but not for me manner that they go through life, they never actually do what they are calling all of us to do.

They want higher taxes they claim. Right? Yes, they do. Do they voluntarily pay more taxes? No, they don't. They all take tax cuts and hide their money and most on the left are the cheapest people on earth.

They hate icky oil and all things that rely on fossil fuels. Yet, they are all free in this country to live as the Amish (who theoretically don't use fossil fuels) but none of them do. In fact the Millennials, who have been in the loudest about all of this global warming climate change stuff over the last 20 years are the biggest consumers of fossil fuels in the history of the world.

Remember when their hero dicaprio made a speech at the un (AT THE UN) about THE global warming (which is now climate change as we know) and immediately after he rented a 300 foot yacht from an oil tycoon from Saudi Arabia, sailed down to Brazil and threw orgy parties.

Yes, the left, if they lived as they preached, would actually cure this so called man made climate change.

But.....

As they continue to live along the coasts that are rising rapidly, their righteousness doesn't pass the smell test of hypocrisy.

I will admit righteousness surpassing hypocrisy is a challenge. I too fail miserably in that regard in many ways.

So, having said that. Is the man made global warming and impending doom the left's fault?

No?

Explain
CHANGE THE CHANNEL. YOU ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD DENYING THE NOW OBVIOUS...

Exactly what I said. You said you aren't a communist, but you vote for them. No one else is acceptable. You are voting for a left wing authoritarian world. That you theoretically don't support everything they say is irrelevant since your actions are trying to end freedom and democracy and set up the Democrat party as our State single party who are continually validated with fraudulent elections

And yet there are exactly two things that we could do that would have a dramatic affect on global warming, and neither even hurts our economy: nuclear and fracking for natural gas.

Democrats oppose them both.

You pull the Democrat lever in every election.

So who gives a shit what you "say" since that isn't what you do?
Sorry about smart safe fracking, and Obama approved nukes, super dupe....

You're a damn liar and completely nuts. I suggest you go and find a good therapist.
And you're a fucking liar if you think that anything we do can fix "climate change" other than you blowing your own fucking brains out.

Too many humans.

I volunteer for you to die first.

You and anyone else bitching about "climate change" are the first to get offed.

Nature, the earth, has proven over millions of years it can and will heal itself. The question is will man? This mindset that man is supreme and controls evolution and the environment is delusional, pure nonsense. Do humans play a role, yes, but like all species, parasites, were just a blip on the evolutionary chart and will become extinct. When you factor in government oversight, regardless of political affiliation, you have already lost the battle.

You're so full of shit; posting a personal attack ("mindless Democrat") wrapped in a damn lie is why I added Idiot-gram to my signature line - for people like you.

There are no Marxists on any ballot I've voted on and I've voted in CA since November 1968. If you have an example to prove such an initiative, recall, referendum or person to seek to overturn our democracy for Marxism, please provide probative facts.

As for Climate Change, we have put solar panels on our roof, we own two Electric Cars (Tesla and Bolt). We sort our trash, and put clean plastics into the recycle bin, I vote for People over Profits; we removed our lawns, front and back, and replaced them with drought resistant plants watered by a well using a drip system; And, more importantly I don't vote for any Republican, Libertarian, neo Nazi or Trump Supporter - those who seek to destroy democracy in America.
Do you realize how much copper would be needed if every house was forced to go solar and every building in the world forced to have solar and every building and house from now on energized by solar and or wind farms, not to mention every car or vehicle in the world? Do you know what damage mining for lithium and copper does to a surrounding environment? Look at the largest lithium mines and copper mines. Look at before and after photos of the area mining for lithium and copper.

You think crude is a pollutant. I mean it's icky like elephant shit but it's just as natural.

Go ahead and explain the amount of copper. Here is a hint. An electric car has around 180lbs of copper in it which is around 5 times more than a car ran on the combustion engine.

Let me know. Let's watch this folks.

Do you realize how much copper would be needed if every house was forced to go solar and every building in the world forced to have solar and every building and house from now on energized by solar and or wind farms, not to mention every car or vehicle in the world? Do you know what damage mining for lithium and copper does to a surrounding environment? Look at the largest lithium mines and copper mines. Look at before and after photos of the area mining for lithium and copper.

You think crude is a pollutant. I mean it's icky like elephant shit but it's just as natural.

Go ahead and explain the amount of copper. Here is a hint. An electric car has around 180lbs of copper in it which is around 5 times more than a car ran on the combustion engine.

Let me know. Let's watch this folks.

You are a fool, and a biddable one which reads propaganda and echoes it. Do you understand copper was replacing steel piping into homes for decades before it was replaced by PVC, and:

Attachments

• 1649103122493.png
    1649103122493.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 20
You are a fool, and a biddable one which reads propaganda and echoes it. Do you understand copper was replacing steel piping into homes for decades before it was replaced by PVC, and:

They stopped using copper because it became too expensive.

Mauna Loa CO2 readings disagree with your "the industrial revolution had created a change in our weather if not the climate. I'm very sure that human activity contributes to the weather when each year the aggregate temperature has risen creating more evaporation leading to more powerful hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and rising seas" assessment

Maybe time for a new theory?

co2_trend_mlo.png

Frank, this is small section taken from what I call the "Scary Graph." Originally the Keeling Curve, it is a lie posing as science. Here is why.

1. It has a non-zero base, which skews the slope upward very much. That is misleading and science should NOT mislead.

2. It implies that humans caused this scary increase and we can stop it. In fact 96% of carbon dioxide emissions are natural, from decomposition of plants and animals worldwide.

3. THE dominant greenhouse gas is water vapor, which is ~40 times the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

4. Water vapor is far more efficient at absorbing heat than carbon dioxide.

Correcting the Scary Graph just for non-zero base and omitting the dominant greenhouse gas you go from this:

Keeling Curve.jpg

To this:

Keeling Curve adjusted.jpg

As to relative absorption of infrared radiation, this:

atmospheric-absorption2.jpg

Frank, this is small section taken from what I call the "Scary Graph." Originally the Keeling Curve, it is a lie posing as science. Here is why.

1. It has a non-zero base, which skews the slope upward very much. That is misleading and science should NOT mislead.

2. It implies that humans caused this scary increase and we can stop it. In fact 96% of carbon dioxide emissions are natural, from decomposition of plants and animals worldwide.

3. THE dominant greenhouse gas is water vapor, which is ~40 times the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

4. Water vapor is far more efficient at absorbing heat than carbon dioxide.

Correcting the Scary Graph just for non-zero base and omitting the dominant greenhouse gas you go from this:

View attachment 643626

To this:

View attachment 643627

As to relative absorption of infrared radiation, this:

View attachment 643628

Good points all around! My one and only point was that the global economic shutdown did not move the CO2 readings which validates your point 2, humans have almost no impact on CO2.

New Topics

Forum List

Back