One More Fabrication: “The Southern Strategy”

11. To paraphrase Edmond Rostand….

“Now, as I end my refrain, ……thrust home!”

Time to skewer the myth of a Southern Strategy….

By the numbers we can see who got the racist vote: Democrats

George Wallace:
“Segregation Now, Segregation Forever”

George Wallace votes went to Democrats.

Wallace was a Democrat, and the same people who voted for Wallace voted Democrat...

Slavers, segregationists, and other racists.

"Four years after Goldwater, the segregationist vote went right back to Democrats: Humphrey got half of Wallace’s supporters on election day. Nixon got none of ‘em.

“When the '68 campaign began, Nixon was at 42 percent, Humphrey at 29 percent, Wallace at 22 percent. When it ended, Nixon and Humphrey were tied at 43 percent, with Wallace at 13 percent. The 9 percent of the national vote that had been peeled off from Wallace had gone to Humphrey.” Pat Buchanan - The neocons & Nixon's southern strategy

Watch how Buchanan characterizes the Democrat Party:
"Richard Nixon kicked off his historic comeback in 1966 with a column on the South (by Buchanan) that declared we would build our Republican Party on a foundation of states rights, human rights, small government and a strong national defense, and leave it to the "party of Maddox, Mahoney and Wallace to squeeze the last ounces of political juice out of the rotting fruit of racial injustice."

What did the racist party….the Democrats….do?

They authored the Southern Strategy myth.

Some fools still believe it.

George Wallace:

Wallace was a Democrat, and the same people who voted for Wallace voted Democrat...

"Four years after Goldwater, the segregationist vote went right back to Democrats: Humphrey got half of Wallace’s supporters on election day. Nixon got none of ‘em.

“When the '68 campaign began, Nixon was at 42 percent, Humphrey at 29 percent, Wallace at 22 percent. When it ended, Nixon and Humphrey were tied at 43 percent, with Wallace at 13 percent. The 9 percent of the national vote that had been peeled off from Wallace had gone to Humphrey.” Pat Buchanan - The neocons & Nixon's southern strategy

"Richard Nixon kicked off his historic comeback in 1966 with a column on the South (by Buchanan) that declared we would build our Republican Party on a foundation of states rights, human rights, small government and a strong national defense, and leave it to the "party of Maddox, Mahoney and Wallace to squeeze the last ounces of political juice out of the rotting fruit of racial injustice."

No comment on why the GOP admitted to using the Southern Strategy eh?

Did anyone bring up that LBJ was recently discovered to have been an actual member of the Texas kkk?

George Wallace:

Since they didn't use the Southern Strategy, why would anyone bring it up? You have been shown over and over that it is a lie....and yet you still cling to it...

George Wallace:

Since they didn't use the Southern Strategy, why would anyone bring it up? You have been shown over and over that it is a lie....and yet you still cling to it...
Thats not what the 2 RNC chairmen said and thats not what Nixon said. Can you explain how you didnt know they admitted to the southern strategy?

USATODAY.com - GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics

"Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Mehlman's apology to the NAACP at the group's convention in Milwaukee marked the first time a top Republican Party leader has denounced the so-called Southern Strategy employed by Richard Nixon and other Republicans to peel away white voters in what was then the heavily Democratic South.

George Wallace:

Thats not what the 2 RNC chairmen said and thats not what Nixon said. Can you explain how you didnt know they admitted to the southern strategy?

"Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Mehlman's apology to the NAACP at the group's convention in Milwaukee marked the first time a top Republican Party leader has denounced the so-called Southern Strategy employed by Richard Nixon and other Republicans to peel away white voters in what was then the heavily Democratic South.

My good man, an uneducated, racist, white man claiming he is sorry for his sins and expanding it upon his peers, is no better than a racist black man, who claims every black man hates whites because they are racist!

People had better learn one truth in America------------> Whites who are racist, and blacks who are racist, are not defined white or black; they are defined racists!

Those that want to keep up the banter about racism, are really the racists, and the color of their skin does not define them, their attitude does. By the way, who claims racism constantly? Why those saintly Democrats, lol. And you know why! Because without the black vote, they couldn't be elected dogcatcher.

I contend, that Black people are being played, and the poverty pimps are helping them to be played. Look at Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit. Republicans can't get elected there as head of paperboys. Why? Because according to Democratic dogma, they HATE black people.

So tell us...…………….how many Republicans, under Republican rules, are killing Black Americans there? How many LEGAL guns were used to shoot Black children in Chicago last week? Democrats have BRAINWASHED Black America, plain and simple. They control the Black killing fields, using DEMOCRAT rules, where Black children die, and their parents can't even protect them. I see them almost every night on TV crying (because I get Chicago channels) and I honestly cry at times with them.

They have been turned into pawns by the Democrats! Their children die for votes, so the Democrats have a chance to win.

Abraham Lincoln freed these people once, and if we get a chance, we will free them again! That racist Trumps policies has Black unemployment down to an all time low. Know what, that scares the hell out of Democrats! If they are freed, they won't volunteer to stay on the Democratic plantations known as inner cities. And what is worse, once they come out of there, they might find out they are not hated, despised, or shunned. I know, I have brought 4 African Americans out of that poverty myself, and now they see things like I do, lol.

And that is why the Democrats are crapping their pants! Not because of me, but because when they get out of the lie, they see the truth!

George Wallace:

My good man, an uneducated, racist, white man claiming he is sorry for his sins and expanding it upon his peers, is no better than a racist black man, who claims every black man hates whites because they are racist!

People had better learn one truth in America------------> Whites who are racist, and blacks who are racist, are not defined white or black; they are defined racists!

Those that want to keep up the banter about racism, are really the racists, and the color of their skin does not define them, their attitude does. By the way, who claims racism constantly? Why those saintly Democrats, lol. And you know why! Because without the black vote, they couldn't be elected dogcatcher.

I contend, that Black people are being played, and the poverty pimps are helping them to be played. Look at Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit. Republicans can't get elected there as head of paperboys. Why? Because according to Democratic dogma, they HATE black people.

So tell us...…………….how many Republicans, under Republican rules, are killing Black Americans there? How many LEGAL guns were used to shoot Black children in Chicago last week? Democrats have BRAINWASHED Black America, plain and simple. They control the Black killing fields, using DEMOCRAT rules, where Black children die, and their parents can't even protect them. I see them almost every night on TV crying (because I get Chicago channels) and I honestly cry at times with them.

They have been turned into pawns by the Democrats! Their children die for votes, so the Democrats have a chance to win.

Abraham Lincoln freed these people once, and if we get a chance, we will free them again! That racist Trumps policies has Black unemployment down to an all time low. Know what, that scares the hell out of Democrats! If they are freed, they won't volunteer to stay on the Democratic plantations known as inner cities. And what is worse, once they come out of there, they might find out they are not hated, despised, or shunned. I know, I have brought 4 African Americans out of that poverty myself, and now they see things like I do, lol.

And that is why the Democrats are crapping their pants! Not because of me, but because when they get out of the lie, they see the truth!
I stopped reading your long winded deflection after two sentences went by without any mention of my point. The GOP admitted to the southern strategy. Thats it and thats all. Refute that if you can but never again deflect like that and expect me to read your deflection.

Republicans say it was democrats who owned slaves but today it’s republicans who worship Robert e lee and fly confederate flags...and go to kkk rally’s.

And you say there was no flip? Learn history lady and not revisionist

Hard to imagine how you can put together syncretic notes.....things having nothing to do with each other....and imagine (I almost said 'think') it worth posting.
I'm a minority and before I moved to the US, me and most of the countries I traveled to ....it was a know fanct that right wings in the US are more likely to be racist.....fast forward after living here for 20 years.....its laughable to discuss which partt is more racist....one should look at the polls, most minorities vote overwhelmingly against the GOP.

What puzzles in all of this, those who are usually racist are more likely conservative Christians....how the heck can one follow jesus teachings and be racist and less compassionate ?

"....it was a know fanct (sic) that right wings in the US are more likely to be racist..."

Nothing in your post is correct.

Don't worry.....I can educate you.

Did you know any of this?

1. The Democrats are, and have always been, the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship, the party that stood in schoolhouse doors to block black school children….until Republicans sent in the 101st airborne

2. It is the party of Jefferson Davis, the KKK, Planned Parenthood, concentration camps for American citizens, and restrictions on free speech.

3. It is the party of Mao ornaments on the White House Christmas tree, and of James Hodgkinson, and of Communist Bernie Sanders, of pretend genders.

4. The Democrat Party is the oldest racist organization in America, the trail of tears, the author of Jim Crow and the bigotry of low expectations, filibustered against women getting the vote and killed every anti-lynching bill to get to Congress

5. The Democrat Party is the number one funder of the Islamic Revolution in Tehran….to the tune of $100 billion to the Ayatollahs….and gave Hezbollah the go-ahead to sell cocaine in America.

6. It is the party of anti-Semitism and Louis Farrakhan, and of the first Cabinet member ever to be held in contempt of Congress.

7. It is the party that admits its future depends on flooding the country with illegal aliens, and telling them to vote.

8. It is the party that couldn't suck up to the Castro Brothers enough, and treats the Bill of Rights like a Chinese menu..

9. The Democrats got us into the Civil War…Jefferson Davis .... Woodrow Wilson, WWI….FDR, WWII……Truman, Korean War….VietNam, JFK and LBJ…..yet they want to weaken our military.

10. The Democrats are the party that looks at the mayhem their gun laws have produced in Chicago, ……and this is their model for the nation.

11. I should mention that the Democrat Party was used as a model by Adolph Hitler and the Nazi Party….another ‘feather’ in the party’s cap?

Memorize it, so you appear less a fool.
So you the conservative Republican that voted for a racist wanna teach me about me (a minority) which part is anti me ? Lol

Sweet heart most anti muslims, latinos, immigrants, blacks here in this very forum are proud racist conservatives....and as I said most of us minorities we vote minorities vote against the GOP for being a racist and anti minorities party more than anything eelse.

After the 1964 passage of the Civil Rights Act, Dixiecrats (Southern Democrats) shifted to the Republican Party.

Name all Democrat Senate and House members who "shifted". A list should be easy enough for you to find.
I'm not talking Congress-Critters crossing the aisle... I'm talking about the voting public.

Congress-Critters come and go; the voting public (and the gradual shift in their elected representation) are what counts.

Republicans say it was democrats who owned slaves but today it’s republicans who worship Robert e lee and fly confederate flags...and go to kkk rally’s.

And you say there was no flip? Learn history lady and not revisionist

Hard to imagine how you can put together syncretic notes.....things having nothing to do with each other....and imagine (I almost said 'think') it worth posting.
I'm a minority and before I moved to the US, me and most of the countries I traveled to ....it was a know fanct that right wings in the US are more likely to be racist.....fast forward after living here for 20 years.....its laughable to discuss which partt is more racist....one should look at the polls, most minorities vote overwhelmingly against the GOP.

What puzzles in all of this, those who are usually racist are more likely conservative Christians....how the heck can one follow jesus teachings and be racist and less compassionate ?
View attachment 215037
Hahahahaha

[ ...Yes, the south became republican, eventually. But that does not support that that was driven by race. Other factors were in play.
Oh, I'm sure that the precise answer represents a multi-faceted collection of factors.

My money is on "race" being the primary driving force behind the initial large-scale shift back in the '60s and '70s.

Poli. You going to address Lincoln’s electoral map?

Timmy, are you going to respond to this review of the the history of the Democrat Party???

1. The Democrats are, and have always been, the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship, the party that stood in schoolhouse doors to block black school children….until Republicans sent in the 101st airborne

2. It is the party of Jefferson Davis, the KKK, Planned Parenthood, concentration camps for American citizens, and restrictions on free speech.

3. It is the party of Mao ornaments on the White House Christmas tree, and of James Hodgkinson, and of Communist Bernie Sanders, of pretend genders.

4. The Democrat Party is the oldest racist organization in America, the trail of tears, the author of Jim Crow and the bigotry of low expectations, filibustered against women getting the vote and killed every anti-lynching bill to get to Congress

5. The Democrat Party is the number one funder of the Islamic Revolution in Tehran….to the tune of $100 billion to the Ayatollahs….and gave Hezbollah the go-ahead to sell cocaine in America.

6. It is the party of anti-Semitism and Louis Farrakhan, and of the first Cabinet member ever to be held in contempt of Congress.

7. It is the party that admits its future depends on flooding the country with illegal aliens, and telling them to vote.

8. It is the party that couldn't suck up to the Castro Brothers enough, and treats the Bill of Rights like a Chinese menu..

9. The Democrats got us into the Civil War…Jefferson Davis .... Woodrow Wilson, WWI….FDR, WWII……Truman, Korean War….VietNam, JFK and LBJ…..yet they want to weaken our military.

10. The Democrats are the party that looks at the mayhem their gun laws have produced in Chicago, ……and this is their model for the nation.

11. I should mention that the Democrat Party was used as a model by Adolph Hitler and the Nazi Party….another ‘feather’ in the party’s cap?

So you will NOT address the Lincoln electoral map. I understand. It is devastating to your case .

There isn't a single post of mine that you could dispute.

Cut and paste all the gibberish you want .

YOU refuse to address the electoral map . Why ? Because it shows that it’s the liberals who elected Lincoln and the conservative states that were pro slavery . Those are facts!
You can not call the people who supported slavery conservatives in fact it takes a Liberal interpretation of the Constitution and Bill of Rights to justify the institution the same way modern Liberal interpretation suggest that freedom of speech doesn't cover the things people like yourself deem hurtful and of course there's the leftwing take on the 2nd Amendment.

After the 1964 passage of the Civil Rights Act, Dixiecrats (Southern Democrats) shifted to the Republican Party.

Name all Democrat Senate and House members who "shifted". A list should be easy enough for you to find.
I'm not talking Congress-Critters crossing the aisle... I'm talking about the voting public.

Congress-Critters come and go; the voting public (and the gradual shift in their elected representation) are what counts.

Yes, it makes perfect sense that the Democrats would run to the Republican Party, who voted in greater numbers for the Civil Rights Act than did Democrats, and who even in those halcyon days - though not so diametrically opposed as today due to a certain inexplicable disbelief - considered Democrats to be Communist influenced. Members of Congress would by rights have followed their voters's sentiments to keep their jobs.

Yessir. Perfect sense. :auiqs.jpg:

Yes, it makes perfect sense that the Democrats would run to the Republican Party, who voted in greater numbers for the Civil Rights Act than did Democrats, and who even in those halcyon days - though not so diametrically opposed as today due to a certain inexplicable disbelief - considered Democrats to be Communist influenced. Members of Congress would by rights have followed their voters's sentiments to keep their jobs.

Northern Democrats did not jump the aisle to the Republican side during that time frame in any large numbers, only White Southern Democrats (Dixiecrats).

Northern Democrats did not jump the aisle to the Republican side during that time frame in any large numbers, only White Southern Democrats (Dixiecrats).

It is illogical and not factual in the extreme to claim the southern Democrats "jumped the aisle" to the Republicans when it was the Republicans who voted into law the act that raised the Democrat's ire. Everett Dirkson rammed it right down their throats.

...It is illogical and not factual in the extreme to claim the southern Democrats "jumped the aisle" to the Republicans when it was the Republicans who voted into law the act that raised the Democrat's ire. Everett Dirkson rammed it right down their throats.
Fifty years of Election Results maps make for an easy-to-digest lesson in modern Southern voting patterns...

The elections of 1964 and most especially 1968 were particularly revealing, immediately after the signing of the Civil Rights Act...

50 Years of Electoral College Maps: How the U.S. Turned Red and Blue

Read 'em and weep...

Next batter, please. :21:

It is illogical and not factual in the extreme to claim the southern Democrats "jumped the aisle" to the Republicans when it was the Republicans who voted into law the act that raised the Democrat's ire. Everett Dirkson rammed it right down their throats.
How did they all become Republican then? Republicans saw a golden opportunity in the south. They sold their soul to the racists for political power.

Timmy, are you going to respond to this review of the the history of the Democrat Party???

So you will NOT address the Lincoln electoral map. I understand. It is devastating to your case .

YOU refuse to address the electoral map . Why ? Because it shows that it’s the liberals who elected Lincoln and the conservative states that were pro slavery . Those are facts!
You can not call the people who supported slavery conservatives in fact it takes a Liberal interpretation of the Constitution and Bill of Rights to justify the institution the same way modern Liberal interpretation suggest that freedom of speech doesn't cover the things people like yourself deem hurtful and of course there's the leftwing take on the 2nd Amendment.
Yes. You can call them conservatives. Conservatives conserve the status quo.

You can if you use the english language. Why dont you post what conservative means and what liberal means in the english language. I guarantee you that if you have any intellect at all you will see that conservatives dont want the status quo to change and liberals are progressives.

How did they all become Republican then? Republicans saw a golden opportunity in the south. They sold their soul to the racists for political power.

They did not. Perhaps some saw the error of their ways.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was opposed by the Democrats. Robert Byrd filibustered 14 hours against it, and remained a Democrat till his death. The Republicans rammed it into law.

Your "Southern Strategy" fiction is not even marginally logical.

Forum List

Back