one down

am i the only one thinking...damn isnt that what the taliban did....destory momuments ....i could be wrong.....i dont see the rational in this;..seems to me if the biggest a minority has is offensive statues then they are doing damn well...

should be hung for destroying a statue and then you bring up a "police state" and "corrupt judicial system?" LOL
Exactly. It's non-related to corruption, or a police state. Entirely different matters. Crime without punishment leads to more crime. It's a proven fact that a mere "slap-on-the-wrist" does NOT deter crime, thus the daily crime in this nation. Harsh punishment sends a strong message. Giving a free pass doesn't work, nor does it solve problems.
its corruption of the constitution and considering someone would be executed for destroying a statue, i would say thats a police state as well. At least completely tyrannical. Whichever suits me.
Please indicate the contradiction to the Constitution. It's non-related to the current police state. Please show a connection.

(1) Everyone gets a fair trial
(2) The letter of the law is followed
(3) Executions have been taking place in this nation since it was founded
(4) Crime carries punishment, and has for thousands of years.

I mentioned nothing about a mob hanging. The ones that committed the crime will get a fair trial. No violation of the Constitution, and absolutely nothing to do with the current police state nor corruption.
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
amendment 8. Taking a life isnt proper punishment for destruction of a statue.
Educate yourself ................................ please

(1) We imprison innocent citizens all the time. We have many innocent citizens sitting in our prisons and jails as we speak.
(2) We send citizens to prison to serve 10 years for not paying child support ( whether the minors are actually the person's biological offspring )
(3) We have citizens paying ridiculous fines for minor traffic violations.
(4) We execute citizens for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

There is NO justice in the United States Of America. Our judicial system is corrupt. Your freedom is your luck. Justice is for those that can afford it. We have murderers that buy their way out of prison time. We have corrupt politicians that are caught and never serve a single day behind bars. We have White Collar Crime that never makes it to court. Where is justice in America? Where is the Constitution followed to the letter?

We have police officers that have murdered babies, infants, and were never tried in a court of law. Justice in America is a damn joke, to say the least.
I agree with that entire post; but i will point out your stupidity.
You sit there and complain about all that shit, and then advocate for mistreatment one post above. Murder for destroying a statue is worse than high fines for speeding sonny.

(1) We imprison innocent citizens all the time. We have many innocent citizens sitting in our prisons and jails as we speak.

As does every other legal system on the planet. IT is impossible to get it right 100% of the time.

(2) We send citizens to prison to serve 10 years for not paying child support ( whether the minors are actually the person's biological offspring )

That is immoral, but the feminazis who run our just-us system are indifferent about what happens to men.

In some states. Change the laws, we did here in VA.

An example? Again, 100% accuracy is impossible.

There is NO justice in the United States Of America.

No, there is plenty of justice, but your mileage may vary depending on what you can afford.

Our judicial system is corrupt.

Yes, it is and peoplein the local justice system owning stock in local private prisons is a very bad thing, IMO.

Your freedom is your luck.

As it is in every other legal system on the planet.

Justice is for those that can afford it.

Unfortunately true, but where is this not true?

We have murderers that buy their way out of prison time.

Probably; a good lawyer can work miracles.

We have corrupt politicians that are caught and never serve a single day behind bars. We have White Collar Crime that never makes it to court. Where is justice in America? Where is the Constitution followed to the letter?

As it is in every legal system on the planet.

We have police officers that have murdered babies, infants, and were never tried in a court of law. Justice in America is a damn joke, to say the least.

Possibly, but the fact is our legal system is one of the most fair and professional in the world. They dont try to give you justice but due process instead. And you almost 100% of the time do get the due process.

how many more will be picked up?

Deputies arrest protester who helped pull down Durham Confederate statue

Charges?

Mayor promises felony charges.

Opinions?
Looks like the statue crumpled like a hollow toy soldier after it was pulled down, so it's probably not even possible to repair it. They should have to pay its fair market value and do a month of community service cleaning up public spaces rather than vandalizing them.
something to show them the actions were wrong anyway. this would be as good a start as any.

charge them according to the law on the books.

Agreed; this could create a public danger.
yep. if you don't like the laws on the books, work to change them within the system.

not fly around like you simply don't like them and declare some moral superiority for your actions. none of us have that "right".

Charges?

Opinions?
Looks like the statue crumpled like a hollow toy soldier after it was pulled down, so it's probably not even possible to repair it. They should have to pay its fair market value and do a month of community service cleaning up public spaces rather than vandalizing them.
something to show them the actions were wrong anyway. this would be as good a start as any.

was it wrong when the berlin wall was knocked down? or in the days before your putin love, did you cheer the action?

Charges?

Opinions?

white supremacists who want to celebrate slavery are funny....

I look forward to you all going away.
Did you just call will a supremacist? Good lord you are dumb as shit

anyone who defends the confederacy is a white supremacist, moron.

or do you not understand what the civil war was about? the people they idolize were traitors.

you're welcome.

Exactly. It's non-related to corruption, or a police state. Entirely different matters. Crime without punishment leads to more crime. It's a proven fact that a mere "slap-on-the-wrist" does NOT deter crime, thus the daily crime in this nation. Harsh punishment sends a strong message. Giving a free pass doesn't work, nor does it solve problems.
its corruption of the constitution and considering someone would be executed for destroying a statue, i would say thats a police state as well. At least completely tyrannical. Whichever suits me.
Please indicate the contradiction to the Constitution. It's non-related to the current police state. Please show a connection.

(1) Everyone gets a fair trial
(2) The letter of the law is followed
(3) Executions have been taking place in this nation since it was founded
(4) Crime carries punishment, and has for thousands of years.

I mentioned nothing about a mob hanging. The ones that committed the crime will get a fair trial. No violation of the Constitution, and absolutely nothing to do with the current police state nor corruption.
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
amendment 8. Taking a life isnt proper punishment for destruction of a statue.
Educate yourself ................................ please

There is NO justice in the United States Of America. Our judicial system is corrupt. Your freedom is your luck. Justice is for those that can afford it. We have murderers that buy their way out of prison time. We have corrupt politicians that are caught and never serve a single day behind bars. We have White Collar Crime that never makes it to court. Where is justice in America? Where is the Constitution followed to the letter?

I agree with that entire post; but i will point out your stupidity.
You sit there and complain about all that shit, and then advocate for mistreatment one post above. Murder for destroying a statue is worse than high fines for speeding sonny.
Yes. Again, crime without punishment does nothing. We'll never stop crime until we ensure severe consequences. We currently have the largest prison population in the known world. Why? Some citizens go to prison for murder, serve 5 years, and are then released with a period of probation. Then, we have some citizens that rob a gas station and serve 20 years without the possibility of parole.

Without harsh and severe punishment, there's no way to stop what we're seeing in our streets. We've seen riots where 6 city blocks of a town are burnt down. Lunatics are destroying property and walking free. A "slap-on-the-wrist" accomplishes nothing.

Charges?

Opinions?

You support vandalism, as long as it suits your agenda?

Dissturbing

i asked you a question.

were you cheering when the wall came down in berlin.... you know, in your pre-putin supporting days.

well....

Charges?

Opinions?

Like i said, one less Democrat voter!

I've read your posts. you aren't a democratic voter.

but thanks for playing.
I'm sure that bitch that got arrested did, and yes I vote republican. Since Bill Clinton prove to me that liberals are full of it.

Charges?

Opinions?

Did you just call will a supremacist? Good lord you are dumb as shit

anyone who defends the confederacy is a white supremacist, moron.

or do you not understand what the civil war was about? the people they idolize were traitors.

you're welcome.
it was about more than just slavery. You can believe in your fairy tales if you want.

Forum List

Back