One big thing that confuses about Islam and perhaps someone can explain it.

Maybe you should read the Koran for yourself. Its very clear that the Sacrifice of Abraham story means God forbid all blood sacrifice in their beliefs. Why would you think they believe otherwise? You don't believe the Christmas turkey is a blood sacrifice for sins, do you?

sure, when were children ever being sacrificed - but it was ok to then kill a goat ... not a reason to read a desert book.

the command was issued, twist that however you may.

where is the "changed" their mind.

seems you have an interpretation for the dereliction that somehow ends as a moral victory for humanity - nothing new there.

whoever engages blood sacrifice of any kind is no different for whatever they kill - maybe you should read the metaphysical for yourself.

sure, when were children ever being sacrificed - but it was ok to then kill a goat ... not a reason to read a desert book.

the command was issued, twist that however you may.

seems you have an interpretation for the dereliction that somehow ends as a moral victory for humanity - nothing new there.

whoever engages blood sacrifice of any kind is no different for whatever they kill - maybe you should read the metaphysical for yourself.

There are a couple of weird stories in the OT about child sacrifice and I'm not talking about the Canaanites.

In Judges 11:30–31 Jephthah rashly vowed to sacrifice whatever came out of his house if God gave him victory. When his daughter came out to greet him, did God expect Jephthah to sacrifice his own child?

you WAX idiotic, suradie. How so you and your fellow islamo nazis DEFINE "blood sacrifice" in view of the FACT that muslims LAUD the murder of anyone who reject YOUR concept of ALLAH?

The more infidels you kill the bigger rewards in Heaven for Muslims.

One thing of many things that confuse me in regards to Islam among their followers. Muhammad by their own admission isn't God. The term blasphemy is a term reserved only for God. So, why are they claiming it is blasphemy if anyone even depicts Muhammad in a picture of any kind but not any of their other Muslim warlords?

Meaning people can show pictures, photographs or paintings of the Sultans or Ayatollah etc and no problem.

You can even criticize them, but if anyone paints a painting or drawing or speaks out against Muhammad it is considered blasphemy.

That makes little sense and that reaction of exalting Muhammad as God (which they all say he wasn't) is a blasphemy unto itself.

How am I wrong?
You're not wrong. Muslims radicals use anything to stop criticism of their heirachy and silly God. It's a very fragile religion when violence is their only defence.

There are a couple of weird stories in the OT about child sacrifice and I'm not talking about the Canaanites.

In Judges 11:30–31 Jephthah rashly vowed to sacrifice whatever came out of his house if God gave him victory. When his daughter came out to greet him, did God expect Jephthah to sacrifice his own child?
whoever engages blood sacrifice of any kind is no different for whatever they kill -

not sure you understand - who's questioning who ...

All humans are God's children.. What do you mean Oedipus complex? What does that have to do with anything?

What is your problem? Jews no longer practice blood sacrifice for the atonement of sin.
Jews never practiced "BLOOD SACRIFICE" for the
"atonement of sin" ---muslims never STOPPED
Jews practice prayer, atonement and charity. You
are right----YOU should read the koran

Infidel is a 16th century French word.
PS---I read the koran-----approx. 53 years ago when most people in my very christian/episcopalian generation never heard of it. The etymology of the
word "infidel" is an issue. Tell us about the etymology of the word KAFFIR

Jephthah is harshly critisized for his weird action
in EARLY JEWISH WRITINGS------ muslims celebrate
murder for horrors like kissing a hindu boy

'Infidel' is not an issue; murdering and robbing non-beleivers is rewarded most, and no amount of stupid halfwit semantic games is going change that fact, and neither is peddling censored and sanitized Korans to dumbasses who don't have older translations going to work either; far too many older ones still around.

'Infidel' is not an issue; murdering and robbing non-beleivers is rewarded most, and no amount of stupid halfwit semantic games is going change that fact, and neither is peddling censored and sanitized Korans to dumbasses who don't have older translations going to work either; far too many older ones still around.

The Koran forbids harming pagans (non beievers).........

What translation of the Koran do you have?

The Koran forbids harming pagans (non beievers).........
how do you define "pagans"----shariah law in the country of my husband's birth did not "forbid" the
raping and murder of his grandfather's wife and the
murder of her two babies. In "modern" times---shariah law has allowed the murder of the person
Daniel Pearl

PS---I read the koran-----approx. 53 years ago when most people in my very christian/episcopalian generation never heard of it. The etymology of the
word "infidel" is an issue. Tell us about the etymology of the word KAFFIR

Kafir has become an ethnic slur. It wasn't always so.

how do you define "pagans"----shariah law in the country of my husband's birth did not "forbid" the
raping and murder of his grandfather's wife and the
murder of her two babies. In "modern" times---shariah law has allowed the murder of the person
Daniel Pearl

Do you always attribute crime to religion? Do you do the same with Christianity?

Do you always attribute crime to religion? Do you do the same with Christianity?
Your question makes no sense in that it is a ludicrous
accusation. There are many crimes committed in the
name of religion----historically and even contemporarily. THAT is fact-----why attribute that
FACT to me?

Jephthah's vow led to tragic consequence. Saul made a vow that if he had kept it, he would have had to kill his own son. Jesus told us not to make a vow. Marriage vows? It is better not to make a vow than it is to make one and not keep it.

Forum List

Back