Once and for all: Why isn't Trump demanding that we open back up TODAY?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I've seen about a zillion threads about how the threat of the Coronavirus has been overblown, the numbers are wrong, it's a commie conspiracy, etc. etc. We've all seen them.

So tell me: Why isn't Trump out there, every single day, DEMANDING that states and cities open up 100%?

Yes, before you say it, we all know Trump can't make governors and mayors open up. But his is the biggest bully pulpit on the planet, and there is NOTHING stopping him from being a LEADER and SAYING it.

Right now. Day in, day out. Non stop. He has the microphone and the attention of the country.

Trump supporters celebrate his willingness to "speak his mind", but they're giving him a MASSIVE pass on this, as they keep COMPLAINING about it. Why?

TDS thread. Nothing here folks. Just more worthless leftist traitor hack sewage.
Well, Mac DOES appear to have the intelligence of an enlightened turnip. So there's THAT.
So this is the best you guys can do. "TDS" and personal insults.

Sometimes it's smarter not to say anything, than it is to jump in and illustrate my point for me.

I've seen about a zillion threads about how the threat of the Coronavirus has been overblown, the numbers are wrong, it's a commie conspiracy, etc. etc. We've all seen them.

So tell me: Why isn't Trump out there, every single day, DEMANDING that states and cities open up 100%?

Yes, before you say it, we all know Trump can't make governors and mayors open up. But his is the biggest bully pulpit on the planet, and there is NOTHING stopping him from being a LEADER and SAYING it.

Right now. Day in, day out. Non stop. He has the microphone and the attention of the country.

Trump supporters celebrate his willingness to "speak his mind", but they're giving him a MASSIVE pass on this, as they keep COMPLAINING about it. Why?
Because the DNC their sycophant MSM would decimate him and try to upend his candidacy. Trump needs not only MAGA people but also needs Independants....It's called politics. Also the Constitution gives power to the States...did you not know that? Ask your nanny Nancy about that. You must think everyone is dumb but you. Talk about an arrogant attitude.

Because it would not be a prudent thing to do, obviously.
Why not? Especially given the fact that the numbers are overblown, it's not as bad as we think, and we have guys with guns protesting in government offices?

Because the DNC their sycophant MSM would decimate him and try to upend his candidacy. Trump needs not only MAGA people but also needs Independants....It's called politics. Ask your nanny Nancy about that.
He's afraid of what people will say? What kind of leader is that? Has he no convictions?

TDS thread. Nothing here folks. Just more worthless leftist traitor hack sewage.
Well, Mac DOES appear to have the intelligence of an enlightened turnip. So there's THAT.

Sometimes it's smarter not to say anything, than it is to jump in and illustrate my point for me.
That's correct. There was no need to start another Trump hate thread. Plenty already out there for you to spew your hate.

That's correct. There was no need to start another Trump hate thread. Plenty already out there for you to spew your hate.
You used "hate" twice. I haven't hated anyone since I was in grade school.

Your efforts to change the subject and put me on the defensive have failed.

But I do appreciate the fact that you felt you had to try. It's a very good sign.

Because the DNC their sycophant MSM would decimate him and try to upend his candidacy. Trump needs not only MAGA people but also needs Independants....It's called politics. Ask your nanny Nancy about that.
He's afraid of what people will say? What kind of leader is that? Has he no convictions?
Well, to be fair, I edited my reply and you pulled the trigger too soon. The States have sovereign power. Do you want Trump to act like a Tyrant? Oh yeah, you do. BTW I never said Trump was afraid of what people will say, you made that up. A President serves at the behest of We The People and, unlike the snot-smearing Pelosi, he cares what we think. I know that gets your TDS panties in a wad but, live with it. Trump will be President for the forseeable future....Too bad for you.

Well, to be fair, I edited my reply and you pulled the trigger too soon. The States have sovereign power. Do you want Trump to act like a Tyrant? Oh yeah, you do. BTW I never said Trump was afraid of what people will say, you made that up. A President serves at the behest of We The People and, unlike the snot-smearing Pelosi, he cares what we think. I know that gets your TDS panties in a wad but, live with it. Trump will be President for the forseeable future....Too bad for you.
I don't see an answer in that talk radio diatribe.

He's supposed to keep his mouth shut at this historically important time? Isn't he a leader?

Why do you guys celebrate when he "speaks his mind", but give him a pass at such a crucial moment?

We both know the answer to that, but I'm enjoying watching you guys spin and deflect and attack.

Because the US does not have the virus anywhere near under control, like Australia, we can start to open back up because we were sane and locked down and followed it for the common good.

Trump knows America is no where near that point yet.

If he calls to open back up the virus will wash up on the USA more than it already has, your current and horrendous death toll will look like cotton candy in comparison and tank his re-election chances.

So he lets the governors make all the tough calls, eggs on the half wits demonstrating on behalf of their own minuteman deluded egos but will take credit where ever lock downs contain the virus.

Last edited:
Trump is not Obama. He doesn't disregard the constitution at his convenience. He wont sue the states like Obama did. He also understands his voters are not lock step lemmings like Obama's and would hold him accountable if he did.

Because the US does not have the virus anywhere near under control, like Australia, who can start to open back up, and Trump knows it.

If he calls to open back up the virus will wash up on the USA more than it already has, your current and horrendous death toll will look like cotton candy in comparison and tank his re-election chances.

So he lets the governors make all the tough calls, eggs on the half wits demonstrating but will take credit where ever lock downs contain the virus.
When this is finally under control, the Trumpsters will passionately sing his praises for being such a great leader.

After giving him an absolute pass on keeping his mouth shut at this critical time, and after complaining the whole time.

This kind of stuff is pretty predictable. It's the Fifth Avenue Rule, writ large. They will not hold him accountable.

I don't see an answer in that talk radio diatribe.

He's supposed to keep his mouth shut at this historically important time? Isn't he a leader?

Why do you guys celebrate when he "speaks his mind", but give him a pass at such a crucial moment?

We both know the answer to that, but I'm enjoying watching you guys spin and deflect and attack.
Trump has let the States decide their course of action while giving Federal Government guidelines. You would rather have a Dictator mandate your actions. Typical leftist sheep waiting for instructions from your ‘master.’

You would rather have a Dictator mandate your actions. Typical leftist sheep waiting for instructions from your ‘master.’
Deflect/pivot/attack, standard nutter tactic.

You can't put me on the defensive. But I'm glad to see you trying.

EbNBfEO.gif

Because trumps credentials is being an ex reality show host, he has no idea what he is doing.

Forum List

Back