On The Attack

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Joseph McCarthy was a marine. LBJ, a navy man, as was Nixon.

There are some politicians today who are veterans. Arkansas has one, Senator Tom Cottonā€¦.a decorated combat veteran.

1.ā€œCotton was accepted to Harvard after graduating from high school in 1995, and majored in government. At Harvard, Cotton was a member of the editorial board of The Harvard Crimson, often dissenting from the liberal majority.[5] In articles, Cotton addressed what he saw as "sacred cows" such as affirmative action.[6] He graduated with an A.B. magna cum laude in 1998 after only three years of study, having written his senior thesis on The Federalist Papers.[4]

After graduating from Harvard, Cotton was accepted into a master's degree program at Claremont Graduate University. He left in 1999, saying that he found academic life "too sedentary", and instead enrolled at Harvard Law School.[4] Cotton graduated from Harvard Law School with a J.D. degree in 2002.ā€ Wikipedia.

Cotton was offered the field of law when he joinedā€¦..but he opted for the infantry. He asked for a combat position, to fight for my country. Active duty in the 101st airborne. Bronze Star.

1591468736112.png

Our friends on the Left probably donā€™t love this veteran as much a they do Bradley Manning, or Bowe Bergdahl. Democrats elected one who claimed to ā€˜loatheā€™ the military as President.

I bet you can guess which party Senator Cotton belongs to.

2. There can be no more pointed indictment of the current so-called ā€˜journalistsā€™ than this Vox headline:

ā€œThe New York Times staff revolt over Tom Cottonā€™s op-ed, explained

Why New York Times journalists publicly revolted against a senatorā€™s op-ed calling on Trump to ā€œsend in the troopsā€ ā€” and what this says about journalism in the Trump era.

This week, the New York Times staff revolted against its editors.

The inciting incident was the decision to publish an op-ed by Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) titled ā€œSend In the Troops.ā€ Claiming that ā€œrioters have plunged many American cities into anarchy,ā€ Cotton argued that soldiers be sent as ā€œbackupā€ for the police to end the violence.

ā€œOne thing above all else will restore order to our streets: an overwhelming show of force to disperse, detain and ultimately deter lawbreakers,ā€ the senator wrote.ā€ The New York Times staff revolt over Tom Cottonā€™s op-ed, explained

Time and again we have seen the result of government school, and the crop of graduates who vote Democrat and work to silence any opposing voice.

No matter what those who disagree, have done for the country.

The youngsters at the slimes made up a new word safetyism

Its has been added to the newspeak dictionary

Mentioned here as an argument against free speech.

Bari Weiss

āœ”@bariweiss

https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1268628683952185346
Replying to @bariweiss

The New Guard has a different worldview, one articulated best by @JonHaidt and @glukianoff. They call it "safetyism," in which the right of people to feel emotionally and psychologically safe trumps what were previously considered core liberal values, like free speech.

3:40 PM - Jun 4, 2020

This is the crossroads at which America finds itself: freedom vs the international Left, and their local subsidiary, the Democrat Party.

This was written by a Liberal:
1591470005008.png

For the most part I like Powers.

If this is a good book, I'll get it.

Don't agree with her, but the tag line sure is the truth

There are some politicians today who are veterans. Arkansas has one, Senator Tom Cottonā€¦.a decorated combat veteran.

1.ā€œCotton was accepted to Harvard after graduating from high school in 1995, and majored in government. At Harvard, Cotton was a member of the editorial board of The Harvard Crimson, often dissenting from the liberal majority.[5] In articles, Cotton addressed what he saw as "sacred cows" such as affirmative action.[6] He graduated with an A.B. magna cum laude in 1998 after only three years of study, having written his senior thesis on The Federalist Papers.[4]

After graduating from Harvard, Cotton was accepted into a master's degree program at Claremont Graduate University. He left in 1999, saying that he found academic life "too sedentary", and instead enrolled at Harvard Law School.[4] Cotton graduated from Harvard Law School with a J.D. degree in 2002.ā€ Wikipedia.

Cotton was offered the field of law when he joinedā€¦..but he opted for the infantry. He asked for a combat position, to fight for my country. Active duty in the 101st airborne. Bronze Star.

View attachment 346595

Our friends on the Left probably donā€™t love this veteran as much a they do Bradley Manning, or Bowe Bergdahl. Democrats elected one who claimed to ā€˜loatheā€™ the military as President.

2. There can be no more pointed indictment of the current so-called ā€˜journalistsā€™ than this Vox headline:

Why New York Times journalists publicly revolted against a senatorā€™s op-ed calling on Trump to ā€œsend in the troopsā€ ā€” and what this says about journalism in the Trump era.

The inciting incident was the decision to publish an op-ed by Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) titled ā€œSend In the Troops.ā€ Claiming that ā€œrioters have plunged many American cities into anarchy,ā€ Cotton argued that soldiers be sent as ā€œbackupā€ for the police to end the violence.

ā€œOne thing above all else will restore order to our streets: an overwhelming show of force to disperse, detain and ultimately deter lawbreakers,ā€ the senator wrote.ā€ The New York Times staff revolt over Tom Cottonā€™s op-ed, explained

Time and again we have seen the result of government school, and the crop of graduates who vote Democrat and work to silence any opposing voice.

But these Marxists will publish op-eds from any Taliban or Marxist dictator that will bother.

View attachment 346595

The horrible President who you support has made your opinions useless. The whole world is protesting. Trump is a worldwide joke. So are you and those like you.

She's a Democrat, a Liberal, works for CNN.....but this is from her book:

." Dissent from liberal orthodoxy is cast as racism, misogyny, bigotry, phobia, and, as we have seen, even violence. If you criticize the lack of due process for male college students accused of rape, you are a rape apologist.

People who are anti-abortion rights don't care about the unborn; they are misogynist who want to control women.

Those who oppose same-sex marriage don't have rational, traditional views about marriage that deserve respect or debate; they are bigots and homophobes.

When conservatives opposed the Affordable Care Act's 'contraceptive mandate' it wasn't due to a differing philosophy about the role of government...they were waging a "War on Women."

View attachment 346595

The horrible President who you support has made your opinions useless. The whole world is protesting. Trump is a worldwide joke. So are you and those like you.

I agree, my opinions would be useless to you.

They are meant for thinking individuals.

Explaining this complex situation to you, again, would be like putting an elevator in an out-house.

." Dissent from liberal orthodoxy is cast as racism, misogyny, bigotry, phobia, and, as we have seen, even violence. If you criticize the lack of due process for male college students accused of rape, you are a rape apologist.

People who are anti-abortion rights don't care about the unborn; they are misogynist who want to control women.

Those who oppose same-sex marriage don't have rational, traditional views about marriage that deserve respect or debate; they are bigots and homophobes.

When conservatives opposed the Affordable Care Act's 'contraceptive mandate' it wasn't due to a differing philosophy about the role of government...they were waging a "War on Women."

I might be confused.....

These are statements she is quoting to show the bullshit mentality of the leftwing thought police ?

Seems like that would be consistent with her book.

If those are her points of view, then forget buying the book.

View attachment 346595

See you in November, chump.

And if you want to start something sooner...bring it on.

Gonna look a whole lot different when those neanderthals are facing armed resistance.

I might be confused.....

These are statements she is quoting to show the bullshit mentality of the leftwing thought police ?

Those are her examples of how the Left characterizes opponents.

"...the illiberal left will engage in racist, sexist, misogynist, and homophobic attacks of their own in an effort to delegitimize people who dissent....
Non-white conservatives are called sell-outs and race traitors.
Conservative women are treated as dim-witted, self-loathing puppets of the patriarchy, or nefarious gender traitors."
Powers, "Op. Cit.

I might be confused.....

Those are her examples of how the Left characterizes opponents.

"...the illiberal left will engage in racist, sexist, misogynist, and homophobic attacks of their own in an effort to delegitimize people who dissent....
Non-white conservatives are called sell-outs and race traitors.
Conservative women are treated as dim-witted, self-loathing puppets of the patriarchy, or nefarious gender traitors."
Powers, "Op. Cit.

Yes...it is so true.

We have two black racist morons on this forum who do just that....

That would be @IM2(stupid to know any better) and his electronic butt-buddy.

All backs they don't agree with are sellouts.

She is all in on the crazy now though and has been apologizing for that book.

Link please.

I did see where she said she was done with facebook....but that was a while agon.

"Tom Cotton: Send In the Troops
The nation must restore order. The military stands ready.

By Tom Cotton

This week, rioters have plunged many American cities into anarchy, recalling the widespread violence of the 1960s.
New York City suffered the worst of the riots Monday night, as Mayor Bill de Blasio stood by while Midtown Manhattan descended into lawlessness. Bands of looters roved the streets, smashing and emptying hundreds of businesses. Some even drove exotic cars; the riots were carnivals for the thrill-seeking rich as well as other criminal elements.

Outnumbered police officers, encumbered by feckless politicians, bore the brunt of the violence. In New York State, rioters ran over officers with cars on at least three occasions. In Las Vegas, an officer is in ā€œgraveā€ condition after being shot in the head by a rioter. In St. Louis, four police officers were shot as they attempted to disperse a mob throwing bricks and dumping gasoline; in a separate incident, a 77-year-old retired police captain was shot to death as he tried to stop looters from ransacking a pawnshop. This is ā€œsomebodyā€™s granddaddy,ā€ a bystander screamed at the scene."

Seems that change was due to a new employer....CNN.

A girl's gotta eat.

But the book is well written and deserves a read.

Link please.

I did see where she said she was done with facebook....but that was a while agon.
She wrote her own struggle session in USA today last year:

As I surveyed my work, I realized I have changed
It also applies to Al Franken, whom I called on to resign from the U.S. Senate but now believe he should have been given an investigation even if it resulted in cries of ā€œhypocrisyā€ from the right. It includes Planned Parenthood, which I have excoriated in years past in ways I would never do today. It includes those on the left who were the targets of my 2015 book on free speech, in which I was too dismissive of real concerns by traumatized people and groups who feel marginalized and ignored.

According the the Left/Democrats, no black can have an alternative view other than the orthodox one they allow;

If you don't toe the Democrat line, "you ain't black."
Biden.

1591475761724.png

"Shortly after the columnā€™s publication on Wednesday evening, a number of Times staffers began tweeting a screenshot of the pieceā€™s headline captioned with the same phrase: ā€œRunning this puts Black @NYTimes staff in danger.ā€ Dozens of Times staff members sent out variants over the course of the evening, with black staffers taking the lead; many non-Times journalists tweeted the same message in solidarity."

"Tom Cotton: Send In the Troops
The nation must restore order. The military stands ready.

By Tom Cotton

This week, rioters have plunged many American cities into anarchy, recalling the widespread violence of the 1960s.
New York City suffered the worst of the riots Monday night, as Mayor Bill de Blasio stood by while Midtown Manhattan descended into lawlessness. Bands of looters roved the streets, smashing and emptying hundreds of businesses. Some even drove exotic cars; the riots were carnivals for the thrill-seeking rich as well as other criminal elements.

Outnumbered police officers, encumbered by feckless politicians, bore the brunt of the violence. In New York State, rioters ran over officers with cars on at least three occasions. In Las Vegas, an officer is in ā€œgraveā€ condition after being shot in the head by a rioter. In St. Louis, four police officers were shot as they attempted to disperse a mob throwing bricks and dumping gasoline; in a separate incident, a 77-year-old retired police captain was shot to death as he tried to stop looters from ransacking a pawnshop. This is ā€œsomebodyā€™s granddaddy,ā€ a bystander screamed at the scene."

Seems that change was due to a new employer....CNN.

A girl's gotta eat.

But the book is well written and deserves a read.
I haven't actually read it and used to kind of like Ms. Powers until she lost her shit over 2016. I understand "having to eat", but is a job at CNN really worth the loss of her credibility. It's not like she wouldn't be able to find work. Maybe she doesn't get as good a job, but at least her principles, integrity, and credibility would still be intact.

Forum List

Back